KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dune (2021)

Dune (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Let's do it. If Dune does not deliver I will be on team Disney.
You do realize it probably will not even smell a billion dollars at best case scenario. Disney Star Wars averages out 1 billion per film. Or are you arguing out of preference?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 02:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I enjoyed Arrival, I hope this will be good as well.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 02:44 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by quanchi112
You do realize it probably will not even smell a billion dollars at best case scenario. Disney Star Wars averages out 1 billion per film. Or are you arguing out of preference?

Preference and quality.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 02:49 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Preference and quality.
It will not touch TLJ or the best of star wars Disney. Sorry.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 02:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I liked the Last Jedi a lot as well.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 02:57 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

This guy is the best director working today so this should be worth a ticket

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 03:32 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

im waiting for the trailer to start judging

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 07:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Cant fkn wait for this. I have full faith in this director to put out a fantastic film. I'm even reading the novel to prepare right now (damn good book, but not blown away just yet).

PWNT

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 07:22 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Artol
I liked the Last Jedi a lot as well.
It was so much deeper than typical films. The fans could not handle it. It was fantastic.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 07:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Cant fkn wait for this. I have full faith in this director to put out a fantastic film. I'm even reading the novel to prepare right now (damn good book, but not blown away just yet).

Same, can't wait for this. My only fear is that I'm building it up so much, it disappoints due to that.

I really enjoyed the book. Been thinking about reading it again before this comes out.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 10:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Denis is one of the best directors working today and the cast is great. In addition with Disney Star Wars being massively divisive Dune could be in position to exploit that.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 11:39 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Denis is one of the best directors working today and the cast is great. In addition with Disney Star Wars being massively divisive Dune could be in position to exploit that.
What movie of his do you think is the best?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2020 12:37 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Arrival
Sicario
Blade Runner 2049

In that order.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2020 01:57 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Arrival
Sicario
Blade Runner 2049

In that order.
Not a great film of the bunch. It was as I thought. Boring, longer films. He has a style but the guy is just not what I prefer.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2020 01:59 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I've only seen four of his films, Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival and Blade Runner 2049. All good to excellent.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2020 06:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ok, I heard they developed a series for hbo mad around this. I hope it succeeds so it can be the big three of sci fi and fantasy along with Star Wars and Star Trek. More fantasy the better.

Old Post May 1st, 2020 04:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, Dune:Sisterhood, which Villeneuve will be directing the pilot. Still believe it's set to aire in 2021.

Old Post May 1st, 2020 11:38 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Amazing book

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 12:20 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, Dune:Sisterhood, which Villeneuve will be directing the pilot. Still believe it's set to aire in 2021.
Yes, not that familiar with the original film so I will go in pretty much forgetting anything I did see. All I remember was it was weird and bad but I bet the source material was good so hoping this could be something I will enjoy.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 12:31 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
I've only seen four of his films, Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival and Blade Runner 2049. All good to excellent.

Those are the ones I've seen, too, and I agree. I've been meaning to see Enemy also.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 01:52 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote