KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » DOOM: Eternal

DOOM: Eternal
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
lol

Yeah, crazy. Forming an opinion of a game based on a demo. Who does that? Who assumes a demo is supposed to inform someone of the game, before buying?

You sure burned me. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 06:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Your point?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 10:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Angels? Hello! The new weapons and stuff look great too...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 03:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Angels? Hello! The new weapons and stuff look great too...
I want some ****ing sword gameplay before the game comes out.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 05:01 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Everything about it is awesome. I'd be lying though if I said the release date wasn't a bummer. Thought it'd be out sooner by like August, not November T-T

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 05:03 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ntil-march-2020

F

Now I have nothing new to really look forward to in November, at least to this level.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 12:13 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 09:15 PM
cdtm

Can't ignore the fact the grappling hook is an outright ripoff of Bulletstorms thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 09:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:10 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by cdtm
Can't ignore the fact the grappling hook is an outright ripoff of Bulletstorms thing.

You can't swing in Bulletstorm or pull yourself into the enemy. The least you can do is play the game before you claim it's being ripped off, loser.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 01:58 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X
You can't swing in Bulletstorm or pull yourself into the enemy. The least you can do is play the game before you claim it's being ripped off, loser.

Yes, it's a poor man's ripoff. A little from Bulletstorms offense, a bit from Metroid.

I liked the first one, but too many things turn me off about this game. Axing Snapmaps, for example.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 15th, 2020 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 01:59 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Here we go again....

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 02:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yes, it's a poor man's ripoff. A little from Bulletstorms offense, a bit from Metroid.

I liked the first one, but too many things turn me off about this game. Axing Snapmaps, for example.

"Guys, I think Halo is ripping off Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, using a universal item throughout most games: the gun" is what I hear. And Doom doesn't even use the grapple hook the same way as Bulletstorm. You tried.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 02:15 AM
cdtm

You've certainly got me on making false dichotomy's.

May as well compare Mario jumping to Sonic's spin dash. One is in every platformer ever, the other is pretty unique.

Not too many fps use a grapple in an offensive capacity.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 02:19 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You've certainly got me on making false dichotomy's.

May as well compare Mario jumping to Sonic's spin dash. One is in every platformer ever, the other is pretty unique.

Not too many fps use a grapple in an offensive capacity.

It's still a common-as-hell item throughout gaming, the genre irrelevent. Get off this baiting attempt, make friends at recess.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 02:25 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This isn't the first time a Doom game has used another mechanic.

The expansion pack for Doom 3 had a rip off Half Life 2 gravity gun...called the Ionized Plasma Levitator.

If it's fun, who cares. The new Star Wars game plays like Tomb Raider met up with Dark Souls and its a ****ing blast.....

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Smasandian
This isn't the first time a Doom game has used another mechanic.

The expansion pack for Doom 3 had a rip off Half Life 2 gravity gun...called the Ionized Plasma Levitator.

If it's fun, who cares. The new Star Wars game plays like Tomb Raider met up with Dark Souls and its a ****ing blast.....

eek!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 01:56 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I legit can’t wait for this to come out. It looks so fun

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 07:32 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

https://steamcommunity.com/app/3797...00547476824068/

Interesting review of 2016 Doom:

quote:
What the hell?? This game sucks!
How do people like this game? This game is a joke on the same level that Duke Nukem Forever was a joke.

I thought DOOM 2016 was supposed to be the NVIDIA pinnacle of modern graphics. What is this bland game? I feel like im being trolled or something. The only thing that looks good are the weapons and enemies. The environment visuals are extremely bland and the level design is very multiplayer-map-like. Arcadey.

GAMEPLAY

The guns don't even kill enemies properly because there is so much emphasis on the "COMBO HIGHLIGHT" that it completely ruins the flow of the combat. What if someone is not 12 years old and does not care for a quicktime event every 2 seconds? In my eyes quicktime events are the bane of gamings existence.

This starting pistol has the most wimpy unsatisfying gun sound i've ever heard! It is so inaccurate and weak. Talk about a let down. Worst pistol i've ever seen in a video game. I would much rather have a steel revolver that explodes heads or something. Then i find the HEAVY ASSAULT RIFLE and it literally sounds like a stapler. I almost laughed

And there is no story or lore besides "ITS NOSTALGIC DOOM LOL!! MAKE SURE TO FIND ALL THE SECRETS!"

This game is a joke. Just kill all enemies until it says "Checkpoint reached" and constantly run around the map until you get dizzy looking for stupid "Secrets" which are practically mandatory considering they equal upgrade currency. God what a chore to play

And no flashlight? how is that even legal for a modern game. You have one of the most advanced suits of all time that does not even have a shoulder lamp?

You cant even pick up, throw, kick, or manipulate the explosive barrels in any way.

P.S. i5 6600k, GTX1080, 16gb DDR4@3000mhz, 500gb evo 850 SSD

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 02:04 PM
cdtm

https://www-pcgamer-com.cdn.ampproj...=mq331AQCKAE%3D

quote:
Doom Eternal on Ultraviolence, its 'hard' difficulty, is the most stressed I've been playing a game in a long time, because almost every fight had me feeling like I was on the ragged edge. It's been a couple years since I played any of id Software's 2016 Doom, the surprisingly great reboot that Eternal is following up on, but I don't remember it feeling like this. Doom was fast, rabid, and satisfying in its brutality and the ways it encouraged aggression to stay alive. You had to perform melee 'glory kills' to wrench life-refilling power-ups from enemies, and you'd pull out the chainsaw at key moments to turn an enemy into a geyser of blood and ammo refills. Eternal starts at a level of intensity Doom may have reached towards the end.

The sequel gives you those basic tools in the first five minutes, and then it keeps layering on more for the first three hours (and likely beyond). Honestly, it's overwhelming, but Eternal's goal here is to essentially give you access to superpowers and then force you to learn how to use them instinctively, or you die. It's definitely following the Crank: High Voltage playbook on how to make a sequel.

Looks like they followed the Doom II playbook of excess = sequel.

Not my idea of fun, nor I'd imagine a lot of people which is why Doom II is only really played for mods, and not the campaign. And no mod support, so..

I'm out.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 03:40 PM