KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Morbius

Morbius
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Interesting. Noticed a few Easter eggs and references in there, like the Spider-Man mural with "murderer" written on it at 2:10. Still, given Sony's track record, I am not going to get my expectations too high.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 04:40 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

trailer looked good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 05:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Still, given Sony's track record, I am not going to get my expectations too high.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 05:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

The trailer looked splendid, Leto is so hot.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 05:49 AM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

The trailer looked splendid, Leto is so hot.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 05:58 AM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
(please log in to view the image)

He really is.

Still, given Sony's track record, I am not going to get my expectations too high.

Think youve gone back in time to pre-2018.

Sony has a great track record now. Even Ignoring the two Spidey films made with Marvel, theyve only ever put out 2 stinkers out of 7 Spidey related films.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 08:34 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
It's looking good.

Yeah it actually does. I like me some echo location.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:09 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Looks like utter trash. Sony is really scraping the bottom of the Spider barrel.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:31 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Sony has a great track record now. Even Ignoring the two Spidey films made with Marvel, theyve only ever put out 2 stinkers out of 7 Spidey related films.

I'm speaking more in terms of my personal preferences. I thought Homecoming was fine but didn't think it was as great as a lot of people seemed to, and I enjoyed Venom well enough but have no real interest in seeing it again any time soon. I did quite like Far From Home and Into the Spiderverse though. But it's still not enough to fully restore my faith in Sony. But hey, despite the hate he gets, Leto can actually deliver a good performance if given the right script. He just has to stop being a weirdo and stick to his job.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Psychotron
Looks like utter trash. Sony is really scraping the bottom of the Spider barrel.

When they do The Clone Saga, THEN they’re scraping the bottom of the Spider barrel. confused

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'm speaking more in terms of my personal preferences. I thought Homecoming was fine but didn't think it was as great as a lot of people seemed to, and I enjoyed Venom well enough but have no real interest in seeing it again any time soon. I did quite like Far From Home and Into the Spiderverse though. But it's still not enough to fully restore my faith in Sony. But hey, despite the hate he gets, Leto can actually deliver a good performance if given the right script. He just has to stop being a weirdo and stick to his job.

Ah right. Given Homecoming and Far From Home were produced by Marvel studios I left them out of it.

And was just thinking of 2 stinkers (SM3 & TASM2) out of 7 films.

On the other hand if this one stinks as well then that would be 3 out of 8, which would be awfully close to 50/50

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:04 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I hope it's good. Because if it is and can also manage to make close to Venom numbers, it will likely provide extra motivation for the MCU side to keep those ties as well. After all, it's inevitably about profit for those people. And if Sony is bringing characters to the screen and getting positive fan reactions and box office numbers, Disney is probably going to look to collaborate to push it even further and get a better cut themselves.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:11 AM
ares834

Looks awful.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:14 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yup thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:17 AM
riv6672

^^^awful...ly good?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 12:44 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jared Leto is one of the sexiest men ever.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 01:44 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Morbius, aka Man-Bat?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 02:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

People will pay to watch thislaughing out loud

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 03:51 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Morbius, aka Man-Bat?

Morbius is Marvel’s Man-Bat.
They both used scientific means to become monsters.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 04:44 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Morbius, aka Man-Bat?

Morbius a.k.a. The Living Vampire.

Comics used to have that weird code against having vampires and such being in them, so Marvel bypassed it by creating a non-undead, artificial vamp.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 05:30 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote