KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Leo's 4th (or 5th??) annual SECRET WARS!11!

Leo's 4th (or 5th??) annual SECRET WARS!11!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
6 is really the same as 5. Still a play in game for the semi. I have a couple “interested”. Yur in or out. If there are 6 I’ll randomize for the play in and we can decide on how to make picks. We’ve done a lot of random stuff lately so I’m partial to straight draft. We could randomize an order then do reverse order for the second rd of drafts
I'm in.....terested. stick out tongue

Seriously though, I'm in and ready to kick ass.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 04:48 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ok, ima cap this at 6 people. PLEASE don't f*** anyone over by bailing out. i'm begging you. a single play-in game is no good with 6, so we will have 4 people compete in the first rd and generate 2 people with byes. the 2 winners will advance to play the 2 people with byes in the semis, then a final. i am going to pull rank and give myself a bye since i'll also be hosting and wrangling up judges. that means i'll randomly give one more person a bye and that person is...borg. thumb up

draft order is as follows. first rd, the HERALD PICK (low, mid or high):

1. pg
2. mutant
3. abhi
4. borg
5. leo
6. slash

second rd--the META pick (low, mid or high):

1. slash
2. leo
3. borg
4. abhi
5. mutant
6. pg

rules are straight forward--all powers available from both picks. only prep allowed is a defensive shield. no flash, or flash-like characters allowed. other than that, post questions here. we keep this thing simple, and moving.

never done this with 6, so let's make this a good one. make your pick after the person in front of you has chosen and post here. no rush. we can institute a timeframe if it seems to be taking too long.

pg, you're on the clock. thumb up

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 07:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Do we have to let everyone know who we're picking or can it be a surprise?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 09:13 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by deathslash
Do we have to let everyone know who we're picking or can it be a surprise?

since it's a draft, we need to know, or else we could get someone picked twice. i've been in tourneys where picks can be repeated, but....it's not really cool. odds of a combo that is the same is minimal, but still, i think we should post publicly. if the others disagree i'm open to discuss. thumb up

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 09:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

anyone interested in judging let me know. don't make me pm the lot of you.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 11:19 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

phil has said he'd judge. hopefully in the next few days other possible judges will make themselves known. smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 01:34 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Wait..all high heralds are free? How long do I have to think about this? I just saw this now

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jul 1st, 2018 at 04:33 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 04:31 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I don't even think the rules have been stated. It it ana amalgam? That effects things greatly

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 04:35 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by psycho gundam
I don't even think the rules have been stated. It it ana amalgam? That effects things greatly
yeah, it's one herald and one meta combined to make an amalgam. Leo already made the list for who chooses in what order, but if you're joining, he'll need to make a new list (get on it Leo). You also can't drop out/forget/ignore the tourney if you're in.

Finally, if we get one more person to join, we can go with two different battle royals at the same time and one final fight between the two finalists.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 05:25 AM
Supermutant

PG has the first pick and is just stalling to avoid defeat.That or he didn't bother to read the second post on this very page.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 07:07 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I get that you hold a grudge because I made you quit and delete your posts but there is no way you read this thread and know what the rules are. Leo is still mulling things over.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 12:38 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I will draft the second I know if it's amalgam or team

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 12:44 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ok, ima cap this at 6 people. PLEASE don't f*** anyone over by bailing out. i'm begging you. a single play-in game is no good with 6, so we will have 4 people compete in the first rd and generate 2 people with byes. the 2 winners will advance to play the 2 people with byes in the semis, then a final. i am going to pull rank and give myself a bye since i'll also be hosting and wrangling up judges. that means i'll randomly give one more person a bye and that person is...borg. thumb up

draft order is as follows. first rd, the HERALD PICK (low, mid or high):

1. pg
2. mutant
3. abhi
4. borg
5. leo
6. slash

second rd--the META pick (low, mid or high):

1. slash
2. leo
3. borg
4. abhi
5. mutant
6. pg

rules are straight forward--all powers available from both picks. only prep allowed is a defensive shield. no flash, or flash-like characters allowed. other than that, post questions here. we keep this thing simple, and moving.

never done this with 6, so let's make this a good one. make your pick after the person in front of you has chosen and post here. no rush. we can institute a timeframe if it seems to be taking too long.

no expression

and it's nice to see mutant makes friends wherever he goes. laughing out loud

anyway, yes, all heralds are open and powers from both are fully amalgamated. not concerned with weaknesses (ie you could take jonnz and the human torch and not be terrified of yourself). but one power set doesn't AMP the other either--spectrum+superman=/=golden superman prime for example. all powers from both characters are usable at the levels they have been displayed in each individual.

think of it as the least complicated set of rules you can think of. pick 2, merge them, fight.

other rules are as follow in most tourneys--no matter manip on opponents (though with high heralds we could perhaps forego that, thoughts?) no time travel no bfr, self bfr is limited to 3 seconds if it should come up, no dupes or power copying...standard fare.

that should be more than clear enough. little details, bring them up and we will discuss, but again, this is uncomplicated. pg take a couple days. no rush. love to have all drafting done by...friday? it's flexible and probably won't take that long but don't feel rushed. thumb up

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 01:15 PM
Supermutant

I get that you hold a grudge because I made you quit and delete your posts

lol why are you bringing up an old irrelevant battle that you lost? No one cares about your point of view on that, anyways how about you stop making excuses already and make a pick instead.

but there is no way you read this thread and know what the rules are. Leo is still mulling things over.

my initial thought was a 2 character amalgam--any 2 characters, any tier, or we can go with a herald+meta combo.

rules are straight forward--all powers available from both picks.

Deathslash already spelled it out for you but this tourney is clearly an 1-herald/1- meta amalgam. You have more than enough info to make a pick. Any additional concerns will be address by Leo as they are brought forth.

Edit looks like Leo address those questions while I way typing lol.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 01:25 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yup. thumb up

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 01:31 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Martian manhunter

@supermutie

You were the one who pm'd me after a wasn't posting for like a year. You were stewing in your defeat this entire time

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 03:00 PM
Supermutant

Foolishness aside, my pick is Orion

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 03:44 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Looks like trash talk has already started.

@Leo: What about time manipulation? Is there a speed limit to what characters can go?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 03:47 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

My pick is Dr Strange (Classic)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 03:52 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by abhilegend
Looks like trash talk has already started.

@Leo: What about time manipulation? Is there a speed limit to what characters can go?

outside of any flash, speed is open. time manip is always tricksy. i'm open to opinion, or we can do a blanket no time manip. i THINK no time travel heads off some of the big issues, but it can still pose problems. what does everyone think?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 04:35 PM