KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Milllenials want to buy homes, many don't have savings. These lenders say no problem

Milllenials want to buy homes, many don't have savings. These lenders say no problem
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Am I reading Voltron's argument correctly? Don't become educated if you want to be able to buy a home... Oh Voltron
It's the philosophy that you don't need to be educated because the rich will give you the opportunity to make a business as long as you do everything they say until it becomes bust and they bail.

It's what reaganomics was founded upon. Instead of the rich paying taxes, they should create businesses that allow even the stupidest people an opportunity to make something, even if it's a pyramid scheme.

Worked out well, didn't it?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2022 12:52 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
It's the philosophy that you don't need to be educated because the rich will give you the opportunity to make a business as long as you do everything they say until it becomes bust and they bail.

It's what reaganomics was founded upon. Instead of the rich paying taxes, they should create businesses that allow even the stupidest people an opportunity to make something, even if it's a pyramid scheme.

Worked out well, didn't it?
hmmmm

Old Post May 10th, 2022 12:57 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmmmm
Well, it got Trump presidency. So...

Old Post May 10th, 2022 01:11 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Am I reading Voltron's argument correctly? Don't become educated if you want to be able to buy a home... Oh Voltron

Nope.

I'm no fan of that troll, but it looked to me like he was saying super high student loans are one more factor why millennials can't afford a down payment on a home like their parents were able to, and are stuck renting.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 10th, 2022 01:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Nope.

I'm no fan of that troll, but it looked to me like he was saying super high student loans are one more factor why millennials can't afford a down payment on a home like their parents were able to, and are stuck renting.
That's a nonsensical argument and a logical fallacy. First of all, millenials can't buy homes because of the housing market crash in the late 00s so it's hardly student loans at fault here.

Student loans were designed with the idea that students would get highly paid careers in their field to repay them and seek homes. The problem is a lot of people went to university who probably shouldn't have gone.

Your mentality is "well, they can't buy homes because they have debt to their name" when in essence student loans do not stop people from buying homes. I know because I know people, millenials, who went to university and got a job and now have homes. You're talking shit again!

Old Post May 10th, 2022 02:09 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Blakemore
That's a nonsensical argument and a logical fallacy. First of all, millenials can't buy homes because of the housing market crash in the late 00s so it's hardly student loans at fault here.

Student loans were designed with the idea that students would get highly paid careers in their field to repay them and seek homes. The problem is a lot of people went to university who probably shouldn't have gone.

Your mentality is "well, they can't buy homes because they have debt to their name" when in essence student loans do not stop people from buying homes. I know because I know people, millenials, who went to university and got a job and now have homes. You're talking shit again!

Student loan debt is so bad in America Joe Biden made it a platform point to get debt wiped clean.

And many majors don't lead to high paying jobs. The fact many go into the humanities and such, paying as much as those who go into business or law or a medical profession, without a hope of getting a high paying job after school, is part of the problem.

If you need a high paying job at all to justify a college education, then that's a problem.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 10th, 2022 02:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

And Whirly, what do you think of Blake claiming some people shouldn't have gone to college?

He's basically saying, what, that some people are too stupid to go? Isn't that an arrogant position to take (Not to mention the unintended racist implications, as many minorities have historically been looked down on for perceived intellectual deficiencies..)

Old Post May 10th, 2022 02:25 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ugh, you have no idea how stupid you sound.

Just because some graduates or drop outs get average jobs doesn't mean they all do. Some get decent jobs with the prospect of promotion to 6 figure salary.

Even me, who was misdiagnosed as schizo can still get better privileges than most disabled people because I can demonstrate skills. You're just upset they went to college and you didn't.

How's your home? Have you got a home? I'm guessing no. Are you blaming those student loans despite the fact you never went to university?

Old Post May 10th, 2022 02:33 PM