KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Yeah, I'm probably in the minority on this, but I hated the way the Maul storyline was resolved in rebels. That felt like something that would have been more appropriate had A) Obiwan been more of a recurring character during Rebels or B) the death took place during the TCW). Maybe they could have held that off for S4 and instead thrown Maul into the mix with the whole Thrawn arc. From how S2 set things up, I was of the impression that Maul was going to be a constant foil for Ezra who was flirting with the darkside and was willing to use Maul to get a better understanding of the holycron as well as become more powerful. This would have been a great opportunity to flesh Maul out beyond what he has been throughout TCW and more into a villain who is a lot more patient, pragmatic and calculating about his lust for vengeance and power (which he ought to be after 14 years of isolation). I love the idea of Ezra trying to find ways to destroy the Sith as makes it all the more interesting to see how he will fail (given that episodes 4 - 6 are immutable) and what he will learn from that failure. The Maul/Ezra plot point represented an opportunity to go beyond the played out light side vs dark side dynamic of things and into something less predictable and more uncharted in terms of Star Wars storytelling.

Unfortunately, as Zenwolf alluded to, we go into S3 episode 1 and see the gains Ezra has acquired from flirting with the darkside. Then, afterwards and out of nowhere, this subplot is utterly abandoned and we see no trace of it whatsoever (even in the Maul episodes, which is a damn shame). Terrible writing. Absolutely terrible.

Kanan ultimately did die in S4, but by then, I had just about checked out of watching the show anyway so it was more of a too little too late resolution for me. I also liked Ahsoka impulsively deciding to not leave Anakin, by they screwed that up by having Ezra use "time magic" to save her as opposed to leaving her fate open ended, so that resolution was dull and uniteresting IMO.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I honesty can't really care much for Maul getting brought back. For some reason, his character just....doesn't, I dunno. I guess for me, more is less in this case. I preferred his character pre-revival.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Filoni states that Maul is a stronger swordfighter than Ahsoka, and goes on to state that Maul's overconfidence and underestimating his opponent was ultimately his undoing(like always):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZfmHfMrN8&t=4m30s

I mean that was pretty clear from the fight. But I suspect the usual trolls were claiming otherwise.

Aside from that though, damn was Maul a Force powerhouse in this final arc or what?

Old Post May 10th, 2020 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The hyperdrive showing was beastly, but this was just badass, imo:

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 10th, 2020 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh that was wicked.

Also notice how Ahsoka grabs the shuttle and Maul extracts the info from Jesse. Its almost as if Filoni is showing Maul and Ahsoka can do anything Rey and Kylo can do

Old Post May 10th, 2020 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Oh that was wicked.

Also notice how Ahsoka grabs the shuttle and Maul extracts the info from Jesse. Its almost as if Filoni is showing Maul and Ahsoka can do anything Rey and Kylo can do

Except they can't, since rey's ship pulling feat is miles better than ahsoka's, and padawan kylo has done vastly more impressive things than cw maul.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Rey's feat was far better, yeah.

The ship was already accelerating away from her. She then proceeded to grab/stop it with the Force and begin pulling it back towards her, without ever being pulled by it at all.

Ahsoka's feat was still impressive, though. Just wasn't Rey-level.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 10th, 2020 at 06:06 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2020 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Bear in mind though, Ahsoka is still pre-Prime here and Maul is considerably more powerful in the Force than Ahsoka at this point.

Also the Dyad might have helped Rey/Ben. But clearly nothing Maul/Ahsoka have done trumps the retarded lightning blast.

Was just pointing out Filoni seemed to be putting a load of those ST type feats in there.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 07:52 PM
ares834

Maul is considerably more powerful in the Force than Ahsoka at this point

smokin'

Anyway, the feats are hard to compare because they are different ships. The ship Rey stopped looked like some shitty run down tanker while the one Ahsoka stopped was a high-powered military craft.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 10:26 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
smokin'

Anyway, the feats are hard to compare because they are different ships. The ship Rey stopped looked like some shitty run down tanker while the one Ahsoka stopped was a high-powered military craft.

cool

Old Post May 10th, 2020 11:02 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Bear in mind though, Ahsoka is still pre-Prime here and Maul is considerably more powerful in the Force than Ahsoka at this point.

Also the Dyad might have helped Rey/Ben. But clearly nothing Maul/Ahsoka have done trumps the retarded lightning blast.

Was just pointing out Filoni seemed to be putting a load of those ST type feats in there.

I do get that feeling between the shuttle grab and Maul bending blasterbolts that the intention was to display parity with ST feats.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 26th, 2020 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Stark
I do get that feeling between the shuttle grab and Maul bending blasterbolts that the intention was to display parity with ST feats.

Yeah thumb up

And dont forget the Mind Extraction.

Rocky brought up superior comic feats for Kylo, but I doubt Filoni has kept on top of the comics so will be matching on screen feats. Besides scaling, speed and how exactly they were TKd can be harder to gauge in comics.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 04:00 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Citation needed :/

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Citation needed :/

Overpowering twice with the Force isnt enough for you?

Oh wait, forgot who I was talking to. Never mind.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 01:31 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Yeah thumb up

And dont forget the Mind Extraction.

Rocky brought up superior comic feats for Kylo, but I doubt Filoni has kept on top of the comics so will be matching on screen feats. Besides scaling, speed and how exactly they were TKd can be harder to gauge in comics.

Truuuuueeee I forgot about the Mind Extraction. Yeah good stuff. And Maul isn't even a PT top tier so it is good hype for Sidious & Yoda too.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 27th, 2020 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Overpowering twice with the Force isnt enough for you?

Twice? I only count once. And in that one instance she was in no position to defend herself given most of her body wasn't even facing Maul.

It's not really that different from this, is it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSHTWbG1qnE

Or are you referring to when he throws a clone at her which, um, isn't really "overpowering her" lmao.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on May 27th, 2020 at 12:03 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:01 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Lord Stark

I mean if that's the intent I don't think it achieved its goal. Rey's shuttle grab was >>>>>ahsoka's and Freezing a blaster bolt is far harder than simply redirecting some blasts.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:05 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Yeah, I'm probably in the minority on this, but I hated the way the Maul storyline was resolved in rebels. That felt like something that would have been more appropriate had A) Obiwan been more of a recurring character during Rebels or B) the death took place during the TCW). Maybe they could have held that off for S4 and instead thrown Maul into the mix with the whole Thrawn arc. From how S2 set things up, I was of the impression that Maul was going to be a constant foil for Ezra who was flirting with the darkside and was willing to use Maul to get a better understanding of the holycron as well as become more powerful. This would have been a great opportunity to flesh Maul out beyond what he has been throughout TCW and more into a villain who is a lot more patient, pragmatic and calculating about his lust for vengeance and power (which he ought to be after 14 years of isolation). I love the idea of Ezra trying to find ways to destroy the Sith as makes it all the more interesting to see how he will fail (given that episodes 4 - 6 are immutable) and what he will learn from that failure. The Maul/Ezra plot point represented an opportunity to go beyond the played out light side vs dark side dynamic of things and into something less predictable and more uncharted in terms of Star Wars storytelling.

Unfortunately, as Zenwolf alluded to, we go into S3 episode 1 and see the gains Ezra has acquired from flirting with the darkside. Then, afterwards and out of nowhere, this subplot is utterly abandoned and we see no trace of it whatsoever (even in the Maul episodes, which is a damn shame). Terrible writing. Absolutely terrible.

Kanan ultimately did die in S4, but by then, I had just about checked out of watching the show anyway so it was more of a too little too late resolution for me. I also liked Ahsoka impulsively deciding to not leave Anakin, by they screwed that up by having Ezra use "time magic" to save her as opposed to leaving her fate open ended, so that resolution was dull and uniteresting IMO.

Some good points here tbh, I woud have actually really liked to see Ahsoka+Maul+Ezra try to form a coalition to stop the emperior/vader.

What were your thoughts on the GI-Kanan conflict in season 1>

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:13 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Twice? I only count once. And in that one instance she was in no position to defend herself given most of her body wasn't even facing Maul.

It's not really that different from this, is it:

Or are you referring to when he throws a clone at her which, um, isn't really "overpowering her" lmao.

How is flooring her by throwing something at her NOT overpowering her?

He also force pushed her right before instantly whacking her with the clone.

In the final episode he ragdolls her. So thats 2/3 encounters he overpowers her with the Force. And both times he did within seconds.

You really feel no shame in constantly wearing those bias goggles do you?

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 27th, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:35 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

How is flooring her by throwing something at her NOT overpowering her?

Because it doesn't require overpowering a telekenetic defense? S3 Ezra can push three clones, I suppose he's now --considerably more powerful-- than Ahsoka? :/

quote:

He also force pushed her right before instantly whacking her with the clone.

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/eU9JRYzUBBg?t=117

Because that's literally further than Maul pushed Ahsoka.

Considerably more powerful, indeed.

quote:

In the final episode he ragdolls her.

When she isn't even facing him. Again, if you're going to insist on acting like passive force defenses are a thing in canon, why are you ignoring this?

Maul manages to push ahsoka far. Ahsoka literally grips him for several seconds.

Either they dominated each other or they didn't, either way, this "considerably more powerful" thing didn't seem to show up when they fought. It's almost like Maul isn't "considerably" more powerful than someone who can "compete on his level." :/

Old Post May 27th, 2020 01:14 PM