KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » English Premier League

English Premier League
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Grew up in the Stanley Park area of Liverpool, right between Anfield and Goodison park during the '80s, me and my friends wouldn't even be allowed out of the house on match days when certain teams were in town, West Ham and Leeds in particular. Glad things have calmed down a lot since those days. You still get lots of aggression whenever a smaller European team is visiting, fans of mid-table Italian teams mostly, they're psychos.
worst fans I've come across are the Turks when I lived in Istanbul. They are mental.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 12:04 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Yeah, Galatasaray fans definitely.

Good result on Saturday for literally every other team in the league bar Man City. I think City really needed to lose that game for any other team to stand a chance, they may go on to win the title regardless as they're on another level particularly in terms of mentality and focus but it should make the Xmas period a bit more interesting when you consider City and Guardiola tend to take their foot off the pedal around this time of year.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 02:31 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I'd love Liverpool to win the league over man city. Still feel bad for them not winning it that one year with Suarez and Gerrard. Also they could do an arsenal and go the whole season unbeaten but I doubt it tbh, they did lose in champs League to red Star or whoever some amateur side basically

Anything other than man city running away with the league, and Cardiff staying up and I'll be happy

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 07:09 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Don't think they'll run away with it, least I hope not anyway. For all the plaudits City have been getting this season Liverpool are a point above them and they haven't hit full stride yet, so if Liverpool aren't sitting on top as the season draws to a close, they'll be close enough to City to have them looking over their shoulder I reckon. Looking like a 2 horse race ATM though.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 04:22 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't want Liverpool to win it. Though I'd prefer them over Tottenham. That said, I don't think either of them has it in them to actually win the league.

City... Not sure. Come January it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. They desperately need to buy a couple of players, at the very least to shore up their defence.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 05:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

^Yeah, Galatasaray fans definitely.

Good result on Saturday for literally every other team in the league bar Man City. I think City really needed to lose that game for any other team to stand a chance, they may go on to win the title regardless as they're on another level particularly in terms of mentality and focus but it should make the Xmas period a bit more interesting when you consider City and Guardiola tend to take their foot off the pedal around this time of year.
Good postSam, agreed on all round. I'd like to see Brighton get some wins over Christmas as I have two small rental flats with students in to pay the mortgages there and I love an underdog.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 09:03 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't want Liverpool to win it. Though I'd prefer them over Tottenham. That said, I don't think either of them has it in them to actually win the league.

There will always be doubts over a teams ability to win the league until they actually do it. Same thing happened at Chelsea and Man City and even Arsenal if you go back 20 years. The only real doubt you can have over Liverpool is the fact that they haven't won the league in 29 years but that's not as important as people seem to think it is IMO, it's not as big a factor particularly on a game by game basis.

Interesting that Man City haven't kept a clean sheet in the PL for 6 games, that'll grate on Pep a little bit.

England's El Classico tomorrow, Liverpool v Man Utd, still the biggest fixture in world football I reckon, but only just. Everyone is expecting Mourinho to play for a nil-nil, but he'll love the challenge of being the first to beat Liverpool in the league this season, anything could happen. A real hiding could be on the cards for Utd if Liverpool want it badly enough.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 02:42 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Great day sipping single malt watching Liverpool beat Man Utd quite convincingly, no great effort from Utd to snatch a winner after drawing level, Liverpool never looked in danger of losing it.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 06:06 PM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Putinbot1
worst fans I've come across are the Turks when I lived in Istanbul. They are mental.
I’ve never encountered them but a close mate of mine who travels the world watching footy(he’s minted) went and watched the copa final between river plate and boca juniors. Greatest and most frightening atmosphere he’s ever encountered he said.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 12:47 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@IT that does sound awesome ha, I'm quite jealous of him.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 02:30 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great day sipping single malt watching Liverpool beat Man Utd quite convincingly, no great effort from Utd to snatch a winner after drawing level, Liverpool never looked in danger of losing it.
i enjoyed it too lol

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 02:31 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

thumb up

Speaking of Boca and River Plate, I saw a news article once about how one of the supporter gangs offer a 'go to the game with a hooligan gang leader' kind of package day trip where you would walk to the stadium surrounded by hooligans and sit and watch the game next to the leader surrounded by his fellow hooligans. It may have been a Brazilian team but I'm almost certain it was an Argentinian team.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:28 PM
Insane Titan

Ha , f*ck off mourinho

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 10:12 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There will always be doubts over a teams ability to win the league until they actually do it. Same thing happened at Chelsea and Man City and even Arsenal if you go back 20 years. The only real doubt you can have over Liverpool is the fact that they haven't won the league in 29 years but that's not as important as people seem to think it is IMO, it's not as big a factor particularly on a game by game basis.

Interesting that Man City haven't kept a clean sheet in the PL for 6 games, that'll grate on Pep a little bit.

England's El Classico tomorrow, Liverpool v Man Utd, still the biggest fixture in world football I reckon, but only just. Everyone is expecting Mourinho to play for a nil-nil, but he'll love the challenge of being the first to beat Liverpool in the league this season, anything could happen. A real hiding could be on the cards for Utd if Liverpool want it badly enough.

Well, there's the lack of titles and my belief that, like Tottenham, they'll bottle it or run out of steam long before then.

I don't think either team was particularly good in the second half, but I did feel kind of annoyed that it was two deflected goals that won it for Liverpool.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Ha , f*ck off mourinho

It's the best time for it too. Now we see who takes his place.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:22 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 10:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Well, there's the lack of titles and my belief that, like Tottenham, they'll bottle it or run out of steam long before then.

I don't think either team was particularly good in the second half, but I did feel kind of annoyed that it was two deflected goals that won it for Liverpool.

It's the best time for it too. Now we see who takes his place.
I honestly don’t know who they could get at this moment in time.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 11:49 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Zidane or Pochettino seem the only likely candidates. And Poch would arrive with question marks I think.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 02:41 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think Liverpool could do with another striker personally, a lot of defenders injured right now but there's good depth in the squad, I just think we'll need another striker by the time the January window shuts to take some of the pressure off. Not saying he has to be top level and I'm not even sure who's out there TBH.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 02:48 PM
Insane Titan

Zidane or Pochettino seem the only likely candidates. And Poch would arrive with question marks I think.
Man U is a step backward for Poch, can’t see that happening.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:22 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Speaking of Boca and River Plate, I saw a news article once about how one of the supporter gangs offer a 'go to the game with a hooligan gang leader' kind of package day trip where you would walk to the stadium surrounded by hooligans and sit and watch the game next to the leader surrounded by his fellow hooligans. It may have been a Brazilian team but I'm almost certain it was an Argentinian team.
Haha brilliant

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think Liverpool could do with another striker personally, a lot of defenders injured right now but there's good depth in the squad, I just think we'll need another striker by the time the January window shuts to take some of the pressure off. Not saying he has to be top level and I'm not even sure who's out there TBH.

Firminho seems to have gone off the boil this season too, sadly. He was great last year.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 01:33 AM