KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Witcher

The Witcher
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset

How many witchers were roaming around 1400's Poland?

Lolz

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 06:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Surtur
I honestly forget where, it was in some article talking about the backlash and it talked about the race thing and it also talked about how they thought there might also be backlash cuz the wording of the casting call suggested Ciri was the central character.

I've been reading Blood of Elves for the first time, and honestly, her being the main character would be pretty much in line with how this first book has gone. I've been surprised by how central she is in this book, even being a point of view type character for large portions rather than Geralt. And since I assume the first season will be largely taken from Blood of Elves, since it's the first full length novel in the series, she may very well have a larger role than Geralt, at least in the first season. Don't know how the other books are.

Also, more news on the casting of Ciri. New information, which was posted on the Witcher subreddit, states that they are currently auditioning white actresses in poland, which obviously suggests that the rumor that they are looking exclusively for BAME actors for the role is false.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/co...amp;sh=e95b0c89

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'd rather they adapt The Last Wish first tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:22 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I imagine they will have some stuff from the short stories in there in some form, maybe flashbacks, or maybe they'll combine them in some way. But I think the showrunner has hinted that Blood of Elves will be the focus. Could be wrong, though.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was there and I can tell you there were 3 witchers in 1400's poland.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 09:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'd rather they adapt The Last Wish first tbh.
As long as Villentretenmerth's story is in and he's played by James McAvoy I'm okay with that.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:37 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Does it?
Potentially. It's the only reason these studios are doing it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:05 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Netflix announced the female leads.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...r-roles-1150868

Ciri looks great, near perfect casting imo.

The actress for Yen, though, looks extremely young. Kinda a weird choice but she's an unknown and doesn't have a lot of photos available online so we'll see with that one I guess.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 07:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Henry made the right call of Geralt over Kal.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 08:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BackFire
Netflix announced the female leads.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...r-roles-1150868

Ciri looks great, near perfect casting imo.

The actress for Yen, though, looks extremely young. Kinda a weird choice but she's an unknown and doesn't have a lot of photos available online so we'll see with that one I guess.

Yeah, wow. That looks super young for Yen. But then they can just use makeup and such to age her up a bit if it really looks out of place. Just ask the people who do makeup on Vikings. Those guys are magicians in their craft.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 01:28 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks like a good cast.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 02:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

First look of Henry Cavill as Geralt:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...-geralt-costume

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 04:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Haha, that looks ridiculous. What is it with Cavill that he has such bad luck on the CGI cosmetics front? The infamous upperlip and now this Halloween peroxide blonde wig?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 05:42 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks terrible. The wig looks like something someone cosplaying Legolas would wear.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:01 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Really, Netflix? The friggin' fan concept art some random internet person probably did in Photoshop looks better than that.

Like I said last time, should have gone with the Vikings guys lol. They turned this guy:

(please log in to view the image)

into this guy:

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:09 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by janus77
Haha, that looks ridiculous. What is it with Cavill that he has such bad luck on the CGI cosmetics front? The infamous upperlip and now this Halloween peroxide blonde wig?

No kidding, who's bad side did he get on, for these being the only work he can get?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:24 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Really, Netflix? The friggin' fan concept art some random internet person probably did in Photoshop looks better than that.

Like I said last time, should have gone with the Vikings guys lol. They turned this guy:

into this guy:

My man, you are comparing a post-filming Ragnar Lothbrok to camera test no makeup or editing Geralt.

Wait until we get an actual trailer or at least a teaser. It could still end up looking like shit, but this does nothing for me.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

saw the pic earlier, doesn't look too bad

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah Neme is right, this is little more than a proof of concept, he'll look way better in the final product with makeup/SFX.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 08:09 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by NemeBro
My man, you are comparing a post-filming Ragnar Lothbrok to camera test no makeup or editing Geralt.

Wait until we get an actual trailer or at least a teaser. It could still end up looking like shit, but this does nothing for me.

It's not really meant to be a direct comparison. I guess I should have worded that part better. The Vikings pics were simply to illustrate the quality of work those guys do, which I consider to be quite exceptional compared to a lot of shows/films.

But I admit I am also being rather nitpicky, because I like the Witcher-verse a lot, so I am really hoping for something that's good both visually and from a narrative standpoint. Because fantasy settings in particular can end up looking really cheesy if not done well.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 09:16 AM