KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 47 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That better change because that's not congruent with ROTJ At All.

This comic has completely missed the point of Vader's arc in ESB and therefore misunderstands the character on a fundamental level. Luke's rejection broke Vader. Just look at his reaction when Luke jumps to his apparent death. Even more telling is when the Millennium Falcon escapes at the end of the film. Up to this point, Vader has been been throttling his officers for failure but this time he just walks away disappointed. By the time of RotJ he no longer has the passion and ambition he did in ESB. He is now a pathetic shell. "You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master." "It is too late for me, son."

Instead, this comic is about making Vader "badass".

Old Post Jul 5th, 2021 05:08 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by ares834
This comic has completely missed the point of Vader's arc in ESB and therefore misunderstands the character on a fundamental level. Luke's rejection broke Vader. Just look at his reaction when Luke jumps to his apparent death. Even more telling is when the Millennium Falcon escapes at the end of the film. Up to this point, Vader has been been throttling his officers for failure but this time he just walks away disappointed. By the time of RotJ he no longer has the passion and ambition he did in ESB. He is now a pathetic shell. "You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master." "It is too late for me, son."

Instead, this comic is about making Vader "badass".

The author aknowledged that Luke's rejection broke Vader in an interview and that is also the whole point of the first arc of the comic (issue 1-5). Then the punnishment received from Sidious and the subsequent events made him angry, badass and full of hate again, but this is likely only a temporary thing as this comic run is not over. By ROTJ he might revert to his post ESB rejection state so is better to wait for the comic to end before jumping to conclusions.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2021 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

During ESB, Vader's motivation was: "I will turn Luke to the dark side, and we will overthrow Palpatine together."

At this point in the comics, Vader's motivation has switched to: "I will kill Luke so that Palpatine loses a potential apprentice/replacement."

By RotJ, Vader's motivation switches to: "I will bring Luke before Palpatine so that he can be turned to the dark side. I must obey my Master."

So yeah, I imagine *something* will happen in the comics that triggers a change in Vader's demeanor by RotJ(ie. becoming a submissive lapdog for Palps.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 6th, 2021 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2021 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sly Moore was aware of Luke's potential to surpass Vader:

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 17th, 2021 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

She is good at fighting

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 12:26 PM
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Wow didn’t expect that. Is that the second time he’s appeared canonically as a force ghost?

Also how many years after ROTJ is this?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Aside from the end of RotJ, I believe that is the only time we've actually seen spirit Anakin in canon.

The series is supposed to be set shortly after the Battle of Endor.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 08:02 PM
Underachiever59

I honestly loved that ending. Neat to see Anakin doing little things to right some of the wrongs he had committed as Vader. Undermining Vanee by leading his victims to safety is pretty neat.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Agreed^

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from the end of RotJ, I believe that is the only time we've actually seen spirit Anakin in canon.

The series is supposed to be set shortly after the Battle of Endor.

Thanks for replying. Wow so this was a pretty big deal.
Did you see the news that Hayden Christiansen is gonna appear in the Ashoka tv show?
That’s probably gonna end up being his last appearance as a force ghost.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 01:21 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Ya that is strange. What exactly are Vaders motives right now??

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Sheev

Honestly, seems like Vader's motive is finally tying back into both his Prequel-era motive, as well as his Empire Strikes Back motive.

"I will bring peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire!"

"With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the Galaxy."

Vader views the Galaxy as chaotic, and Palpatine's machinations have only fed the chaos instead of bringing order. He also views the Rebellion as fuel to the fire of chaos, so obviously he opposes the Rebellion. But the biggest source of chaos in his mind is currently Crimson Dawn, as it has infiltrated and undermined nearly every organization in the Galaxy.

So to bring about the order that Anakin has been desiring ever since his conversations with Padme in Attack of the Clones, he has to eliminate every source of chaos. Crimson Dawn, the Rebellion, and ultimately Palpatine as well.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

*tsk* *tsk* *tsk*

Sloppy writing is what it is. But you can't expect any more from Pak.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2021 12:26 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Did Vader just soak a blast from a weapon that was built to drain the energy from every living thing on an entire planet?:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...Or am I missing something? confused

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 1st, 2022 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 12:36 PM
xPRIMEx

Uh yeah that’s insane

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 12:51 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Canon Vader could no sell a drain from Nihilus confirmed lol.

But seriously, its becoming comical how ridiculously OP they're making canon Vader. A world draining weapon barely gave him pause FFS.

Last edited by Sheev on Jul 1st, 2022 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Canon Vader could no sell a drain from Nihilus confirmed lol.

But seriously, its becoming comical how ridiculously OP they're making canon Vader. A world draining weapon barely gave him pause FFS.

Technically, he was still stunned and was unable to move, but yeah, Vader still survived it without any severe damage, which is a ridiculous feat by itself

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 06:31 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Preview for issue #25:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Vader uses his TK to stop the ship, until its Destroyer-class Ion engines kicked in(the same engines used to propel Star Destroyers)... And even then he was still damaging its circuitry.

It's a good showing, but considering the events of this issue seem to take place immediately after the previous issue, I would imagine that Vader is still significantly weakened as a result of that planetary energy-draining blast he soaked(the artwork while he's using his TK seems to indicate that, imo)... If so, it makes the feat far more impressive.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 16th, 2022 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2022 03:44 PM