KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

I believe they are releasing the episodes week to week not all at once as Netflix does.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Aug 27th, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 11:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I get your point, but not having it be Boba (even if it is in spirit) frees the writers more.

eg This isn't the 'ultimate badass' who we know later on will get bonked with a stick by a blind Han and ends up punked at the bottom of the Sarlacc like some useless cockstain.

Bit of a low blow to Boba there but okay.

If it was Boba then he would have survived that.

I think the main issue around Boba is we basically already saw his face in the prequels. So instead of working around that, best to use a different character.

But yes this isnt the Ultimate Bad Ass. Because that was Boba.

Even Jump Wagon Boy Quan has conceded this Universe is all about power scaling.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 28th, 2019 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 07:07 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Take that back, frenchy!

I rescind my comment politely because we can't have sh_t talk in a Star Wars thread

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 08:36 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor

I think the main issue around Boba is we basically already saw his face in the prequels. So instead of working around that, best to use a different character.

Not all about power scaling but that always matters. Quit misrepresenting my position. Your own opinion about boba is not a fact. This new series from Disney will give whatever Mandalorian this is a proper story with feats to back him as a proper badass. Bobas death was always pathetic. So exited for this. Trailer blew me away.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 12:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It's true that a pathetic death absolutely kills the interest of a Star Wars character. Dying like a chump without seeing it coming is being an utter joke

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 01:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
It's true that a pathetic death absolutely kills the interest of a Star Wars character. Dying like a chump without seeing it coming is being an utter joke
No. it is barely doing anything notable on screen that does. To be beaten by a line Han by mistake and crying like a girl is bad. Most star wars villains historically do not see it coming; Sidious, Dooku, Maul, etc.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 03:14 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Sorry when you said Bobba's death was pathetic I thought you meant Bobba's death was pathetic. My mistake

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 03:27 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Sorry when you said Bobba's death was pathetic I thought you meant Bobba's death was pathetic. My mistake
It was butnot just as he did not see it coming but it was by a blind by mistake Han that made it even worse. Quit misrepresenting my entire position to troll, Frenchman.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 03:32 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Villains do not get very glorious send offs in this franchise for the most part. Vader had one of the most respectful ones and it's going to get retconned in the next movie

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 03:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Villains do not get very glorious send offs in this franchise for the most part. Vader had one of the most respectful ones and it's going to get retconned in the next movie
Things change. People need to get used to it. Vader was never a true villain. More of a tragic villain who lost his way.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 03:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Vader's more of a tragic hero with a redemption angle thrown in.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 04:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Vader's more of a tragic hero with a redemption angle thrown in.
Tragic hero/villain. He achieved very horrid deeds while committing despicable deeds slaughtering younglings that set Kenobi off. He really fell on both sides of the fence but ultimately redeemed himself somewhat at the end.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 05:51 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Not all about power scaling but that always matters. Quit misrepresenting my position. Your own opinion about boba is not a fact. This new series from Disney will give whatever Mandalorian this is a proper story with feats to back him as a proper badass. Bobas death was always pathetic. So exited for this. Trailer blew me away.

You misrepresent your own position. I just have to sit here watching you make an ass out of yourself.

Boba could die taking a dump. Doesnt change the fact that The Madalorian is completely inspired by him.

But if you want an idea of how good Boba was, we can always power scale off Jango. And we all know youre suddenly a big fan of powerscaling laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 05:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You misrepresent your own position. I just have to sit here watching you make an ass out of yourself.

Boba could die taking a dump. Doesnt change the fact that The Madalorian is completely inspired by him.

But if you want an idea of how good Boba was, we can powerscale off Jango. And we all know youre suddenly a big fan of power
scaling laughing out loud
So what? I do not care it is a completely separate work different than anything previously seen in Star Wars.

Boba is not Jango. Different experiences, etc. I look at all factors not just power scaling. This series is going to probably lead to me falling in love with the Mandalorian. You are still free to enjoy the original films. Cannot wait.

smile

Last edited by quanchi112 on Aug 28th, 2019 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 06:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Was it really though. Your average person does now know about the EU and Boba's life after the Scarlacc pit. To them, he went out via comic relief.

Dunno, different actors playing a role isn't anything unheard of. Don't think this would be an issue if the wanted Boba Fett.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 07:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Was it really though. Your average person does now know about the EU and Boba's life after the Scarlacc pit. To them, he went out via comic relief.

Dunno, different actors playing a role isn't anything unheard of. Don't think this would be an issue if the wanted Boba Fett.

I meant if they decided to make this Boba. Then obviously that would have meant he survived like in the EU.

Well they would have been handcuffed in that they couldnt have cast Viper. Different colour skin and all.

Look fact is The basis of the show will be almost the same regardless. Making it a different character under the mask is just the illusion of this being different to what they originally had planned for the Boba movie.

Although Viper being an actual Mandalorian could be interesting if they follow the Mandalorian arcs set up in TCW and Rebels, which they no doubt will with Filoni being the co-creator.

In any case, expect some serious Fett worship in this, the way Kylo Ren worships Vader.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 28th, 2019 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 08:53 PM
quanchi112
Disney

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by quanchi112 on Aug 28th, 2019 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 09:05 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I meant if they decided to make this Boba. Then obviously that would have meant he survived like in the EU.

Well they would have been handcuffed in that they couldnt have cast Viper. Different colour skin and all.

Look fact is The basis of the show will be almost the same regardless. Making it a different character under the mask is just the illusion of this being different to what they originally had planned for the Boba movie.

Although Viper being an actual Mandalorian could be interesting if they follow the Mandalorian arcs set up in TCW and Rebels, which they no doubt will with Filoni being the co-creator.

In any case, expect some serious Fett worship in this, the way Kylo Ren worships Vader.
Not in the slightest. This is a new Disney show centered around whatever Mandalorian they want. It could be boba for all we know but that does not make this show any less Disney or new content.

Kylo Ren is not Darth Vader. I for one think he is way cooler but anyone thinking they are exactly the same guy are just fooling themselves. Let the Ot be the Ot. This is new Disney content whether it is based on an original character or not. George Lucas is not driving the bus anymore.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 11:06 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
It could be boba for all we know

laughing

Concession accepted.

It is funny just watching you constantly defeat yourself though. Oh well, Maybe you have siblings who got the brains in the family.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 08:45 AM
quanchi112
Disney

laughing

Concession accepted.

It is funny just watching you constantly defeat yourself though. Oh well, Maybe you have siblings who got the brains in the family.
We do not know anything but that is not the point. You are so butthurt by Disney you keep missing the point this is Disneys Star Wars. They are driving it and making it far better, Lucas was the one who embarrassed Boba Fett and had him as a background character. I hope this is anew character entirely as I never cared for Boba but in any event this is not Lucas this is Disney. Your obsession with hating on the new Star Wars is kind of weird.

Cannot wait for the red viper Mandalorian. I could not be more pumped. smile

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 01:09 PM