KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kenobi's prime?

Kenobi's prime?
Started by: Tondemonai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CuckedCurry

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkTransfer69
Why does everyone rank Maul so high when he lost to fodder TPM Kenobi? He's below Tol Skorr.

OT, I’d say ROTS is his combative prime for sure. How powerful, if at all, he got after ROTS is too speculative for my taste.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 08:10 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

ROTS is obviously his prime, I dont see any other version of himself that would be able to take on Vader unleashed like he did

As far as growing in the Force, canon shows no proof of that other than being able to become a Force ghost; if anything hes depicted as a tired old man who has to rely on guile and subterfuge to get by in ANH

Last edited by relentless1 on Oct 11th, 2018 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 06:51 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What did Obi-Wan do on Tatooine for the 20 years he was there, beyond watching Luke?

Do you think he ever porked a Tuscan raider girl? Is that how he knew about their superstitions??

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

RotS would be the most popular answer.

However...

When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Kenobi gave Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith, a good fight... all things considered, that was a helluva feat.

Then you have Obi destroying Maul in Rebels.

Kathleen should beg McGregor on her knees and make Kenobi: ASW happen.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 07:32 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What did Obi-Wan do on Tatooine for the 20 years he was there, beyond watching Luke?

Do you think he ever porked a Tuscan raider girl? Is that how he knew about their superstitions??

no i dont think he did that like wtf dude youre disgusting. Talking about a jedi with morals having sex with an underage sand girl wtf is wrong with u, plz take ur fantasies elsewhere this is the star wars forum not literotica.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Who said anything about underaged? Looks like you're projecting your fetishes on to this discussion.

ayyy you sound like a freak, DM me nigga show me a belly button pic

lemme see your ankles

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I suppose this depends what is meant by 'prime'.

As a warrior, the RotS-era was Kenobi's prime. In terms of personal growth and overall enlightenment with the force, the ANH-era was Kenobi's prime.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 11th, 2018 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

As far as personal growth, ANH Ben is definitely his prime. But I'm curious about whether his practical application of the force (combat abilities) was stronger in RotS or ANH.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 11th, 2018 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 09:38 PM
Trocity

Who said anything about underaged? Looks like you're projecting your fetishes on to this discussion.

ayyy you sound like a freak, DM me nigga show me a belly button pic

lemme see your ankles

god you are DISGUSTING. U said tuscan raider GIRL not tuscan raider WOMAN. If I said she had sex with a boy, you would assume i meant a little boy get it? if i said man you would know i am referring to adult male. im not going to dm you my freaking belly button what the hell man.

stop.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Girl does not strictly mean underaged, just young. You can be anywhere from 0 to 30 and still be a girl.

You sound real defensive my dude. If you don't wanna shoot me a pic of your feet and play some Halo on xbox live then that's fine but you can't blame me for assuming you were down, what with your mind instantly jumping to underaged girls and stuff

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 10:19 PM
Trocity

of course you would say it doesnt mean strictly underaged you dont want your true nature being shown here i think.

omg im not going to show u my belly or my feet like its obvious you are the gross pervert here trying to spin it back on me, this is so dumb. you have some disgusting fantasies you need to go see a therapist, i really believe that... and i dont even have an xbox lol wtf.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 10:44 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

You seem really intent on making this about underaged girls, is there something you want to tell us bro? I'm worried about you bro, you don't go to 4chan, do you bro?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 10:58 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

The point that the writer is making with that scene is that naked teenagers being considered edgy is ridiculous to begin with. The human body is the human body, and it's not like they're ****ing or doing something with lewd implications. They're just standing around in what is essentially a womens' locker room.

But because this is America, some vag and tiddays makes everyone freak out. Meanwhile you can have people get stabbed, shot, crushed, sucked into jet engines, ripped in half, blown to pieces or set on fire on television and it's not edgy at all. iirc I was 15 when I played Gears of War for the first time. Saw Starship Troopers when I was 5.

Preferences will be preferences, I've just always been amazed by the incongruity of what's considered acceptable in the media.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 11:02 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That reminds me, I should check to see if anyone responded.

edit- How the **** do you people burn through like 20 pages a day? I understand Bran's motivations since he's an unemployed bum but does no one in the comic book forum have a job?

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 11th, 2018 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 11:03 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

The secret is that no one works in the comic forums. Wolverine works hard enough for everyone.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 11:36 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 11:43 PM
Trocity

You seem really intent on making this about underaged girls, is there something you want to tell us bro? I'm worried about you bro, you don't go to 4chan, do you bro?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 01:15 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

And yet here you are.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 01:25 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Galan007

As a warrior, the RotS-era was Kenobi's prime. In terms of personal growth and overall enlightenment with the force, the ANH-era was Kenobi's prime.
Agreed.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 02:01 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Galan007

This. Although I do think there's something to be said for Ben's attitude from a combat perspective, as well. There's a handful examples of this, but his fight with Maul in particular really drives it home; unlike Obi-Wan, Ben will not hesitate to butcher a man. The way I see it, Obi-Wan has always been much more dangerous than he typically comes across as; the fact that he's always risen to the occasion, even when the opponent was someone like Anakin, is a testament to that. He's like Superman insofar as he's restricted most by what he's willing to do, rather than what he's able to do, because of how compassionate he is at heart. So to me, there's something inherently threatening about the prospect of a more aloof, jaded Kenobi, even if he's not physically up to par with how he was in his glory days.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Oct 12th, 2018 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 04:44 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote