KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kenobi's prime?

Kenobi's prime?
Started by: Tondemonai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

The exchange I just witnessed between Trocity and Tzeen made all the time I've wasted on KMC worth it tbh.

( A posy by Syndicate )

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 05:29 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
The exchange I just witnessed between Trocity and Tzeen made all the time I've wasted on KMC worth it tbh.

( A posy by Syndicate )

thumb up

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It was my pleasure lads

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
This. Although I do think there's something to be said for Ben's attitude from a combat perspective, as well. There's a handful examples of this, but his fight with Maul in particular really drives it home; unlike Obi-Wan, Ben will not hesitate to butcher a man. The way I see it, Obi-Wan has always been much more dangerous than he typically comes across as; the fact that he's always risen to the occasion, even when the opponent was someone like Anakin, is a testament to that. He's like Superman insofar as he's restricted most by what he's willing to do, rather than what he's able to do, because of how compassionate he is at heart. So to me, there's something inherently threatening about the prospect of a more aloof, jaded Kenobi, even if he's not physically up to par with how he was in his glory days.
The idea of a 'Kenobi gone rotten' is hard to wrap my head around, tbh, because I would consider he and Yoda as the two most pure and incorruptible Jedi in the mythos... But as you said, the potential there is pretty staggering when you think about Kenobi's track record when he decides to step it up.

Has a darker Kenobi ever been teased in Legends or canon? Dark Rendezvous gave us a glimpse of what Yoda might become if he embraced the dark side, but I can't think of a similar instance for Kenobi.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 13th, 2018 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Not really what he's saying

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed, but it got me thinking about the prospect of a darker(or even borderline evil) Kenobi. Hence the question. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Rotten Kenobi > Plagueis

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 12:39 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Star Wars Insider states his prime is ROTS.

^ This.

Also this should be pretty obvious even without quotes. His prime would have to be during the Battle of Coruscant to his fight with Grievous. He's possibly hindered on Mustafar.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 12:15 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akabart
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe it is during A New Hope!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 08:44 PM
Click here to Send akabart a Private Message Find more posts by akabart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

canon kenobi's prime is rebels.

Legends is prolly a bit after rots.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

End of RotS.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 01:18 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by akabart
I believe it is during A New Hope!

Why?

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 12:57 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
canon kenobi's prime is rebels.

Based on what?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 12:58 AM