KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Blasphemous Pope Francis

The Blasphemous Pope Francis
Started by: DeviantDefiance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
ritualistic discipline
These two words paired together like this make my lips curl in disgust. For some unknown reason.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 08:10 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm using more the definition of ritual that means "a series of actions or type of behavior regularly and invariably followed by someone."

In that respect the ritualistic discipline to take the time out of your life to take count of, regret, and seek to atone for your mistakes or try not to repeat them in the future is one I respect. It's something of a moral hygiene in a similar way that taking a shower or wiping your ass is ritualistic.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 08:13 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yeah, there are some good ideas that catholicism develops and I agree rituals are a part of it.

Something that took me a long while to figure out (as I was raised a catholic and my curiosity for catholic specific things came late), is that the Roman Church actually aknowledges there are many contradictory interpretations of the Scriptures and they are allowed to exist within Catholicism as long as they don't clash with the core christian teachings. So there is a reasonable degree of tolerance about a number of specific beliefs.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 08:23 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: The Blasphemous Pope Francis

Originally posted by DeviantDefiance
This thread is to talk of Pope Francis's radical anti-Christian views and his goal to turn Catholicism into a blasphemous sanctuary religion, accepting all modern "politically correct" views.

The Christian Chruch has been infiltrated.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 11:46 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeviantDefiance
KurkReborn

Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, there are some good ideas that catholicism develops and I agree rituals are a part of it.

Something that took me a long while to figure out (as I was raised a catholic and my curiosity for catholic specific things came late), is that the Roman Church actually aknowledges there are many contradictory interpretations of the Scriptures and they are allowed to exist within Catholicism as long as they don't clash with the core christian teachings. So there is a reasonable degree of tolerance about a number of specific beliefs.

That is pretty frightening, considering a lot of practices today weren't talked about in the Bible, that have been considered wrong and at against scripture.

Matthew 23:9 "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your father, he who is in heaven.

This verse has been ignored since it kinda sounds weird. But when examined it is instead not prohibiting you to call your own father, father, but instead talking about calling someone your Divine Father. This along with the priest "permission" to forgive sins, can be blurred.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 06:02 PM
DeviantDefiance is currently offline Click here to Send DeviantDefiance a Private Message Find more posts by DeviantDefiance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Cathotlism will eventually turn into the Imperial Cult in 30k years or so.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 08:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

That is pretty frightening, considering a lot of practices today weren't talked about in the Bible, that have been considered wrong and at against scripture.

Matthew 23:9 "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your father, he who is in heaven.

This verse has been ignored since it kinda sounds weird. But when examined it is instead not prohibiting you to call your own father, father, but instead talking about calling someone your Divine Father. This along with the priest "permission" to forgive sins, can be blurred.

I think it makes sense for men to be a part of the process of forgiveness to be honest. Insults and blasphemy against God are not mortal sins, in order for a sin to be truly offensive it has to pass through humans (an offense to the Holy Spirit). It makes sense for men to participate in forgiveness because mortal sin is an attack to other men. This has nothing to do with replacing the Holy Spirit with your random priest.

There have been a lot of heresies attacked and pointed out by the Church in their time, even to this day some are shut down and frowned upon by the Vatican. This is not necessarily for teological reasons, but mostly because it divides faith and makes people stray from the path of salvation. For example, if you dismissed Catholics because they give priests "permission" to participate in a sacrament of absolution, I could easily make an argument of you reading poorly and betraying the scriptures, but for the Catholic Church that would also be a mortal sin. Ultimately, faith is about frightening decisions, otherwise you wouldn't need to believe in things you cannot see.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 08:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeviantDefiance
KurkReborn

Originally posted by Bentley
I think it makes sense for men to be a part of the process of forgiveness to be honest. Insults and blasphemy against God are not mortal sins, in order for a sin to be truly offensive it has to pass through humans (an offense to the Holy Spirit). It makes sense for men to participate in forgiveness because mortal sin is an attack to other men. This has nothing to do with replacing the Holy Spirit with your random priest.

There have been a lot of heresies attacked and pointed out by the Church in their time, even to this day some are shut down and frowned upon by the Vatican. This is not necessarily for teological reasons, but mostly because it divides faith and makes people stray from the path of salvation. For example, if you dismissed Catholics because they give priests "permission" to participate in a sacrament of absolution, I could easily make an argument of you reading poorly and betraying the scriptures, but for the Catholic Church that would also be a mortal sin. Ultimately, faith is about frightening decisions, otherwise you wouldn't need to believe in things you cannot see.

I don't quite understand your point (not to be rude) but a sin against man is a sin against God. I am not here to point and claim someone isn't a Christian, yet pointing out possible false-teachings and bringing light to the matter. This is a controversial point so for now on I will try to be neutral on the subject, only pointing out different arguments and points of each side for you to decide the verdict. I am sorry for coming off strong at the beginning.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 12:18 AM
DeviantDefiance is currently offline Click here to Send DeviantDefiance a Private Message Find more posts by DeviantDefiance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Well, your reaction is pretty much how the Catholic Church proceeds. When there is a controversial point over doctrine their reaction is not to point out whether people are Christian/Catholic or not, as the end goal is the well being of Faith and the Church.

To clarify my argument: a sin against Man is a sin against God, but blasphemy (insulting the name of God) is also a sin, but it's not a sin against Man. According to Jesus, a sin that is aimed exclusively towards him or the Father will always be forgiven.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 01:48 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Novitiate is a great movie related to this topic.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 01:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread is to talk of Pope Francis's radical anti-Christian views and his goal to turn Catholicism into a blasphemous sanctuary religion, accepting all modern "politically correct" views.

I don't trust Pope Francis anymore than I trust Satan, himself. He's a slimy, lying bastard. A wolf in sheep's clothing. I've never really liked any of the popes since I'm not exactly a fan of roman catholicism but I've lost count of how many anti-christian lies Francis has told. Far more than any pope before him. In fact, I'm fairly certain that he is THE false prophet described in the book of Revelation. He's pushing hard for a globalist New World Order and he's an enormous hypocrite who hides behind his huge walls at the Vatican while at the same time lecturing Trump on the "evils of building walls." He should keep his globalist nose out of our politics. They aren't any of his f***ing business.

I fully agree with Fly here though that roman catholicism itself, not just Francis, is both antichristian and anti-bible.

Now watch as certain idiots who I won't name (don't worry, you'll see them posting their retarded accusations soon enough) say that "of course you agree with Fly since you're Fly, himself." laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Mar 10th, 2020 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 05:11 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

A lot of popes were monsters.

Why didn't God kill them?! Didn't even test them like Job.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 08:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

He very rarely intervenes in human affairs, and when He does, He doesn't usually single out individuals but instead punishes large populations of evil-doers all at once (The Flood, Sodom & Gommorah, Tower of Babel, etc...).

Make no mistake though, they will be judged on Judgment Day especially those popes and others in the roman catholic church that oversaw the sick torturings and murders of the Inquisitions .

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 09:12 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I admit though that what happened to Job was f***ed-up. However, I recognize it's not my place or my right to criticize and/or question the Creator's motives for the things He does or allows to happen. He made me and I'm quite thankful to Him for the things I do have.

Most importantly, I'm thankful that He sent me a Savior to pay the price for my sins (if I choose to accept Him, which already have) which otherwise would've damned me for all eternity.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Mar 10th, 2020 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 09:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I get not normally singling out people, but you'd think a corrupt pope would warrant it given the power a pope wielded. Especially in the past when they could condemn people to death and stuff.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 09:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, like I said, it's not my place or my right to question Him for the things He allows to happen. I mean, He stood idly by and watched while His only Son was humiliated and crucified so standing by while those popes were doing the disgusting things they were doing doesn't seem that surprising really. But, like I said, they will ultimately pay the price for it if they're not already doing it so it's not like they got off scott-free.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 09:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, like I said, it's not my place or my right to question Him for the things He allows to happen. I mean, He stood idly by and watched while His only Son was humiliated and crucified so standing by while those popes were doing the disgusting things they were doing doesn't seem that surprising really. But, like I said, they will ultimately pay the price for it if they're not already doing it so it's not like they got off scott-free.

I disagree. You live on this world, he doesn't. It is definitely your place to question atrocities he allows to happen here. He doesn't have to live down here in the muck with the disease and war and all this stuff.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 07:21 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I disagree. You live on this world, he doesn't. It is definitely your place to question atrocities he allows to happen here. He doesn't have to live down here in the muck with the disease and war and all this stuff.

I figured you'd disagree but it doesn't matter. My opinion still hasn't changed. He didn't create all of the muck, disease, and war. Mankind as a whole chose this path to be in complete control of its own destiny when Adam disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden. I know it may seem unfair that one man set this awful course in motion but it's true.

All of the death, disease, and evil that is so prevalent in the world can be traced back to that one historical event (yeah, I know you don't consider it history, but I do). If Adam hadn't disobeyed God then our world wouldn't be in such a f***ed-up mess and we would have had no need for a personal Savior in Jesus Christ. He wouldn't have had to die such a horrible death. In fact, there would've been no need for Him to even become human.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Mar 12th, 2020 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 07:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I figured you'd disagree but it doesn't matter. My opinion still hasn't changed. He didn't create all of the muck, disease, and war. Mankind as a whole chose this path to be in complete control of its own destiny when Adam disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden. I know it may seem unfair that one man set this awful course in motion but it's true.

Why is murder wrong for us but not him? Surely not cuz he created us.

Also he created human nature right? And it's not like we humans created the black plague or whatever.

quote:
All of the death, disease, and evil that is so prevalent in the world can be traced back to that one historical event (yeah, I know you don't consider it history, but I do). If Adam hadn't disobeyed God then our world wouldn't be in such a f***ed-up mess and we would have had no need for a personal Savior in Jesus Christ. He wouldn't have had to die such a horrible death. In fact, there would've been no need for Him to even become human.

Well that is another thing. Why did God prefer Adam and Eve stay ignorant? Why would he even create forbidden items and place them there?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 07:38 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Murder is when someone is unjustifiably killed. God has never murdered anyone. We are all guilty of sinning in God's eyes. Where there innocent people who were killed when God flooded the world or destroyed Sodam and Gomorrah? Certainly, but only "innocent" according to our own sense of judgment and morality. God has a much higher standard than we do.

Yes, it is in human nature to sin but that is only because we inherited that sinful nature from Adam and Eve. Eve didn't have a sinful nature at first. She was tricked by the serpent. Adam, otoh, knew full well what he was doing when he bit into that forbidden fruit although he was coaxed by his pretty wife into going along with it.

I agree with Hovind's theory that Adam did what he did because he was afraid of what God would do to Eve whom he loved very much. Adam, imo, was basically saying to God that "whatever you do to her you're going to have to do to me also."

The black plague or any other horrible disease never would've been a thing if Adam hadn't disobeyed God. We'd all be living in a perfect world with no disease and probably no death either (well, except for the "death" of plant "life" of course which isn't really alive in the biblical sense).

You misunderstand what God intended, Surtur. It wasn't His intention to keep them ignorant. In fact, they were probably the two smartest people to ever live (besides Jesus of course) since they were both programmed straight from the hand of God. The forbidden tree in Eden wasn't the "Tree of Knowledge"... it was the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The only things they were ignorant about before eating the fruit was good and evil. They should've just kept complete trust in their Creator. The problem is was that Eve never actually saw God create anything with her own eyes, only Adam saw that. So, in effect, it was easier for her to be deceived than Adam which is why Satan went to her instead of Adam.

Why would He create forbidden items and place them there? Because it was a test of their obedience to Him. He wanted to give them a choice of putting their complete faith in Him or taking their destiny completely into their own hands. They chose the latter and that is why there is much pain and suffering in the world today. It's not because God doesn't care. If He truly didn't care about us then He wouldn't have sent us a Savior to offer us a way out of eternal damnation.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Mar 12th, 2020 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 08:02 PM