KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Superman

Superman
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman

Please let this happen.

They found another great actor to replace Welling. In fact, he's better than Welling and it's not just me saying it. He might be the best since Reeves.

Tyler as Superman might be the best

How the “Elseworlds” Crossover Makes the Case for a Superman CW Series

Superman

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...l/#36cbabde4d1e

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 02:57 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I would be down for a Superman series. I like the CW version and think they've done a good job with his character. Plus, we can skip the whole origin bit and get to the good parts, as people are already very much familiar with who Superman is at this point (even the wider audience know his origins well by now), and this version has been around for a while.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:59 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

DC is great, sad they can’t replicate this with movies.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 04:40 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

*DC TV

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 04:40 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The DC animated movies are also pretty good for the most part. Even the lower quality ones are still generally an entertaining enough way to kill 90 minutes or so. I would say that very few of those are genuinely bad.

I'm also hoping Titans season 1 ends on a strong note. I found that one to be a pleasant surprise after the trailers initially left me somewhat skeptical.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 05:16 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The animated movies are really good. Differing styles of animation and the ability to change voice actors for the same characters on a movie by movie basis is something they can't do with the Arrowverse.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 06:13 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Related to this topic, I phucking died listening to John Campea's Elseworlds review. It's been a long time since I have seen someone that triggered over something that isn't even real lol. He was not a fan of how they tend to make Superman job to make Supergirl look better, to put it mildly.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 12:11 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah ive seen that, and massive overreaction.

Spoilers for Elseworlds below:

Against Amazo it was Superman they sent for the initial kill blow. Then when he was actually defeated Superman and Supergirl played equal parts in holding him.

The Black suited Superman only began beating the real Superman by putting civilians at risk.

And neither was Supergirl shown to be > Black suited Superman as their eye beam blasts seemed equal.

Talk about the character portrayal or how good the story was, not about a little bit of jobbing to Supergirl on Supergirls own show.

Also they seemed to big up Batman quite a bit with Oliver being intimidated by the idea that he might actually be real. And that was in the Arrow episode.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 20th, 2018 at 01:46 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 01:41 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I thought it was pretty funny, to be honest (though I doubt that was his intent with the vid). I was just waiting for a blood vessel to pop in his forehead. I never knew someone could get so upset over the line "the world doesn't need Superman".

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:18 PM
Darth Thor

I can understand being annoyed at the time Supergirl beat Superman. But Elseworlds didnt put him down at all IMO.

Though its clear SM and SG are peers, despite who might have the edge. But thats clearly not good enough for him.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 06:22 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Could tell how he felt just by the video title, and I don't blame him to a point, but yeah, I don't think Superman's had it that bad in the CWverse so far. One can still interpret his speech to Kara in the Supergirl S2 finale (saying she's better than him and such) as him just trying to make her feel better about herself after the whole ordeal, but regardless of whose really slightly stronger /has the edge here, the writers clearly respect both characters.

Now please validate the optimism for Tyler's Superman and give him a show already.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 07:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
One can still interpret his speech to Kara in the Supergirl S2 finale (saying she's better than him and such) as him just trying to make her feel better about herself after the whole ordeal,

Remember when Odin tells Thor in Ragnarok that Thor is the stronger of the two? Dont remember anyone taking that so damn literally. (Quan doesnt count).

SMs reasoning was simple, that he feels safe leaving Earth whilst there is another Kryptonian he trusts to protect his home planet.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 07:33 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman is as humble as they come, but his dialogue in Supergirl was overkill imo. There was no nuance to it at all.

Even with that said though, I'm not sure Superman would really work as a CW type show. Supergirl's show absolutely gutted Superman's supporting cast, and I'm not just talking about villains either.

I'm not saying it can't be done; just that I'm not sure it could be done well.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 02:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I don't think they were aiming for naunce. smile

He was a hamfisted response to Man of Steel, and they piled on the schlocky dialogue.

I personally liked it. But it's definitely not something you want from a main character.

If they were smart, they'd try and hammer out a Batman/Batgirl show, as a sequel to Gotham. Then you can have a reason for Superman to make more cameo's then just Supergirl.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 02:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

None of what you said, even if true, makes me want to see their version of Superman any more than I have already. I mean, sure, it would be nice to see Superman not written by those people, but it's still the CW.

Batman... I mean, Oliver Queen is basically a less-charming Bruce Wayne at this point, but then, again, I doubt the CW cares about being redundant.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 02:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Whatever happened to the Krypton show? That seemed decent.

And on that note, if there's a duplicate character in every universe, that implies Superman never got to Earth in some of them. A lot of potential for alternate stories, like one where Krypton survives.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 03:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Krypton is due for a second season. So its still around as far as im aware.

I believe Lobo is coming to Krypton.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Please let this happen.

They found another great actor to replace Welling. In fact, he's better than Welling and it's not just me saying it. He might be the best since Reeves.

Tyler as Superman might be the best

How the “Elseworlds” Crossover Makes the Case for a Superman CW Series

Superman

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...l/#36cbabde4d1e

It would be cool, though people are speculating about next years cross over event: Crisis On Infinite Earths. In the comics Supergirl dies, some are speculating that in this version it will be Superman that dies since she is the one with the show.

If they are gonna do a Superman show I'd say wait for Supergirl to end first. Or wait for Arrow to end since that seems to be the longest running DC show currently on the CW. They already have 4 DC superhero shows...I'd say wait until a slot opens.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Like the message of hope the trailer had there. smile After Stargirl I can give this the benefit of a doubt.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2021 03:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Like the message of hope the trailer had there. smile After Stargirl I can give this the benefit of a doubt.

All the downvotes came from Zack Snyder sock accounts. big grin

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 04:03 PM