KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Comic Book Questions & Discussion
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1722): « First ... « 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
...why is this even written about? Isn't this exactly why Image Comics was started nearly 30 years ago, lol......

Probably because indy's aren't really viable for most people just starting out. Image wouldn't have been worth a damn if it wasn't a group of contemporary superstars, and they didn't do a thing to reshape the industry for the better of initiates, content to build walled garden for their own benefit.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 03:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah, but the same issues were there 30 years ago, and are still present. Nothing new, nothing shocking - which is my point.

Well, maybe new and shocking to people who have zero idea of comic history, I suppose.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 03:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yeah, but the same issues were there 30 years ago, and are still present. Nothing new, nothing shocking - which is my point.

Well, maybe new and shocking to people who have zero idea of comic history, I suppose.

Honestly I was just shocked to hear it spelled out that politics sells.

It breaks my world view of the average idealogue being a savvy, frugal, self aware individual with anti-capitalist tendencies and a critical eye at being goomed to feed the beast.

SJW's are supposed to want the bourgeoisie's head on a pike, not buy his wares.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 04:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Considering politics has ALWAYS been in comics, I can't see how this is shocking.....

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 04:03 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Considering politics has ALWAYS been in comics, I can't see how this is shocking.....

Yes, of a different kind. Equal rights for blacks or knocking out Hitler. By and large, the politics were fairly moderate compared to today.

I'll level with you 100%, I actually sympathize with the radical left. But what are they doing??

Buying comics from goddamned corporate overlords.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 04:08 PM
cdtm

Essentially, all the alt-right stuff.

Frustrated. I realized the radical left doesn't exist, there will be no uprising, and Jeff Bezos won't be strung up.

So been venting this whole time, jokes on me.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 04:14 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by cdtm
Yes, of a different kind. Equal rights for blacks or knocking out Hitler. By and large, the politics were fairly moderate compared to today.

I'll level with you 100%, I actually sympathize with the radical left. But what are they doing??

Buying comics from goddamned corporate overlords.

Politics are politics. And based on sales figures, I would hardly say they are buying in any large numbers.

But you seemed shocked that the industry sounded dysfunctional?

I don't even know if Van Sciver is left or right or whatever. I assume you have done your research on him by now though.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 04:15 PM
cdtm

Was caught up reading Max Nick Fury.

Man, is it bad. I mean BAD.

As bad as Max Punisher is good.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 04:21 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

you didn't like F*ckFace ?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 05:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Was caught up reading Max Nick Fury.

Man, is it bad. I mean BAD.

As bad as Max Punisher is good.

You couldn't have read it then

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 05:49 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Sin I AM
You couldn't have read it then

1) it was great

2) it was really short, so nobody should be butthurt over that alt universe

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 05:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
1) it was great

2) it was really short, so nobody should be butthurt over that alt universe

They turned him into a joke.

That stupid Carver like idiot. The complete lack of respect. The fact he couldn't even smoke his cigars without getting shit for it.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 06:32 PM
cdtm

Between you and me, I always shipped Maxima with Superman.

Forget Lois or Wonder Woman.

So Saxama?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2021 12:38 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

JFC Beta Ray Bill 5 is the shit

Old Post Aug 8th, 2021 09:53 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The fact he couldn't even smoke his cigars without getting shit for it.

Read the final issue to find out how "well" it worked for the guy who told Fury not to smoke.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2021 09:57 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Read the final issue to find out how "well" it worked for the guy who told Fury not to smoke.

Oh yeah?

Wasn't that when what's his face editor and chief wasn't even letting Wolverine smoke anymore? Wonder how they convinced him to let it pass.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2021 10:04 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sin I AM
JFC Beta Ray Bill 5 is the shit

When be fights Surtur? That was a fun fight.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2021 10:08 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

When be fights Surtur? That was a fun fight.

It was epic. Had such a metal vibe. I wonder how amped he is now

Old Post Aug 8th, 2021 10:22 PM
NemeBro

Honestly I was just shocked to hear it spelled out that politics sells.

It breaks my world view of the average idealogue being a savvy, frugal, self aware individual with anti-capitalist tendencies and a critical eye at being goomed to feed the beast.

SJW's are supposed to want the bourgeoisie's head on a pike, not buy his wares.
Considering that Van Sciver is an outspoken Republican and anti-SJW who spends a significant portion of his time complaining about the left in comics I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume it isn't the SJWs buying his product.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2021 11:41 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

SJWs don't buy anything. They just want shit changed to ruin it for others, the saying "Get woke go broke" exists for a reason.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 9th, 2021 07:06 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote