KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Comic Book Questions & Discussion
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1731): « First ... « 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

So is Masters of the Universe vs Injustice the greatest crossover of all time?

Doe six issues, they managed to fit in a lot from both franchises. Personally I consider it the definitive ending to the mainline Injustice comics, canon be damned.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 03:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Is that how anti-virals work? That's interesting, we should spend much more time and resources developing them then.
lots of ways anti viral work, blocking replication, preventing manufacture of the capsule. All sorts, but yes, we should investigate more.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 03:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

So is Masters of the Universe vs Injustice the greatest crossover of all time?

Doe six issues, they managed to fit in a lot from both franchises. Personally I consider it the definitive ending to the mainline Injustice comics, canon be damned.
might actually read that. Comics are generally so bad they are unreadable lately.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 03:32 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

If you're open to suggestions, you can't go wrong with Stan Sakai's "Usagi Yojimbo".

About a former samurai and ronin, Miyomoto Usagi, in an anthropomorphic feudal Japan. Very whimsical, great art style, educational on a variety of topics like ancient kite making or soy souce farms.

Stan Sakai himself worked on Groo as a letterer I believe, and was good.friends.with Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, who did occasional crossovers where the TMNT come to Usagi's universe.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 03:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read Usagi, good comics. Love Groo, Bone, Concrete etc.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 03:48 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

How bad and dated does Gaiman's "new" Miracleman stuff seem? Early days I suppose.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 04:44 PM
cdtm

They made new stories?

I actually only read Alan Moore's classic run, thought most people got the utopia message wrong. Yes, in the real world a utopia becomes a dystopian nightmare.

In a comic, you get all diseases sorted, all needs met, you get to commune with long dead giants of civilization and culture, and you get super powered bodies. The point was never "Injustice", the point was this is a comic and a utopia can work because gods actually exist to force it.

Which makes it "anti utopian" in the sense such things do not exist in the real world. Extreme measures, FICTIONAL measures, or acts of god, that is the only path to a utopia.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 08:41 PM
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
might actually read that. Comics are generally so bad they are unreadable lately.

I recommend it too. It’s an extremely fun crossover that takes place after the non-canon superman wins ending.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2023 12:01 AM
Barron-Ghidorah is currently offline Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

They made new stories?

I actually only read Alan Moore's classic run, thought most people got the utopia message wrong. Yes, in the real world a utopia becomes a dystopian nightmare.

In a comic, you get all diseases sorted, all needs met, you get to commune with long dead giants of civilization and culture, and you get super powered bodies. The point was never "Injustice", the point was this is a comic and a utopia can work because gods actually exist to force it.

Which makes it "anti utopian" in the sense such things do not exist in the real world. Extreme measures, FICTIONAL measures, or acts of god, that is the only path to a utopia.
freewill is also lost to a point but greater freedom through servitude and even being brought back from the dead. No, not new out yet the same old synopsis of what Gaiman has planned for Dicky is being bandied about. Seems so dated...
Originally posted by Barron-Ghidorah
I recommend it too. It’s an extremely fun crossover that takes place after the non-canon superman wins ending.
will look then, thanks!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2023 03:51 AM
cdtm

Cobra Commander is shot in the head by a GI Joe deep cover agent, so Cobra has a contest to be the next Cobra Commander.

(please log in to view the image)

Gosh, I wonder who will win? Maybe the Baroness, or Major Bludd, It could be anyone, its like Game of Thrones all over again!

The guy who wears a mask all the time and was made up for the series probably doesn't have a prayer though.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2023 12:44 PM
ODG

Photobucket emailed that my subscription was cancelled. Had more to do with a change in credit card numbers more than anything. Let me know when and if my photobucket links do not work anymore and I will decide what to do next.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 05:19 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Just got past the Cobra Command arc of IDW G.I. Joe. It's gotten kind of dumb.

The Cobra organization started off like the Illuminati, acting in the shadows and pullimg the strings on EVERYTHING. Then Cobra Commander is shot in the head, a new one is elected (Krake, a made for IDW character who always hid his identity and had an entire mini series dedicated to why he's an alpha among alphas, making his ascension obvious) and the new Cobra Commander has a radically opposite policy of leaping from the shadows and openly flouting his muscle, with Cobra's first act to invade and conquer a third world nation with no allies, force a refugee crisis, burn down the poppy fields so their competing opium business becomes far more profitable, and nuke six cities. Abandoned cities, but they set of f'n NUKES INSIDE OF A SOVEREIGN NATION.

The worlds reaction? Divided. On one hands NUKES, on the other hand they deposed a brutal oppressive regime. And in its place left NO regime. Or population.

Somehow the world's divided on this. 🤨😆

And now Cobra is leaking info on G.I.Joe, who the population is freaking out about because they're secret military and they operate illegally in the US and don't respect borders. Meanwhile the Supreme leader of the world terrorist organization determined to rule the world is on talk shows, condemning G.I. Joe, it just makes no sense at all.

I mean, you have politicians accepting bribes for a Governor campaign so that they cut funding, as if an organization that burns a nation to the ground and depopulates it causing the worst refugee crisis in history could never bite you in the butt when you're not looking. I mean yeah, people take bribes from despots all the time, but pretty sure once you invade a nation even the most low down dirty politician would see such "benefactors" as poison, to distance themselves as far away from as possible.

But then the world would probably not be fawning over them like a celebrity rock star either, so I dunno.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 06:32 PM
cdtm

And right after posting, it is sinking in how current events are contradicting everything I'm saying.

...wow.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 06:34 PM
cdtm

Anyways, one thing I do like is General Hawk was stripped of his command and rank, and Duke was promoted to Colonel and given command of G.I. Joe.

Honestly Hawk is kind of hard to back, as he skirts the line between fighting his enemy and becoming them. As one Joe put it, Hawk is the kind of guy who will kill 30 lives to save 40. He sent many people to their deaths, from down on their luck reporters turned P.I., to dangerous washouts he sent at the enemy undercover like a loaded gun.

You know Dale from King of the Hill? He kind of reminds me of him tbh. Same unbalanced behavior, the man ain't right.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 06:49 PM
ODG

You know Dale from King of the Hill? He kind of reminds me of him tbh. Same unbalanced behavior, the man ain't right.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 10:27 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Most painful thing yet from IdW GI Joe has to be Mainframe and Scarlett.

Mainframe is a nerd who is pining away for Scarlett as she was hooking up with first Duke, and then Snake Eyes. The writing is so bad, that after she overhears him whining about his chances against "her type", he actually admits to her face he doesn't think he can compete against the super soldier and the badass ninja. And for some reason she encourages him.

Why, no idea. She makes no bones at admitting he's kind of a burden in the field. He disobey 's orders all the time just to impress her, which for some odd reason actually impresses her even though he endangers himself and everyone else there (He does contribute some field tech work later, but this wasn't exactly essential work and took away from a crisis at his home base he could have been solving).

Of course, Scarlett eventually passionately kisses him. Girl has issues, that's all I can get from that.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2023 05:16 PM
cdtm

"Do you really expect me to believe cocaine gives me my fantastic abilities? My heightened reflexes, my stamina, keeping me in shape like this?"

"Yep!"

"That's Coke!"

"That is the cocaine!"

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 10th, 2023 12:37 PM
ODG

Maybe it's Priest and Pagulayan working well in sync but I am very much enjoying the Superman: Lost story.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2023 11:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ It has been very good so far. Pretty much the only DC book I've been following. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2023 02:14 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

At the "Target Snake Eyes" part of IDW's G.I. Joe, which marks nearly the end of the run before the big "Revolution" event with Transformers and other Hasbro IP's (Was a cool concept, seeing M.A.S.K. and Visionaries and Micronauts and GI Joe and Transformers and ROM sharing one universe, but a failure.)

Essentially Storm Shadow and his group of ninja's worked for Cobra, and he is mad Zartan, under Cobra Commanders orders, murdered his sensei and impersonated him. So he petitions Snake Eyes for a truce and team up to crush Cobra. Snake Eyes pretends to agree, but he causally murders Storm Shadows students every chance he gets and his real agenda seems to be having Cobra and Storm Shadows ninjas destroy each other.

Storm Shadow thinks of Snake Eyes as a brother, and we get scenes of them growing up together in Ninja school. Storm Shadows own trusted lieutenants repeatedly tell him Snake Eyes is playing them as Ninja needlessly die by the dozen, but he won't hear it. Until he finally gets video evidence from one loyal underling who set up a hidden Ninja Go-pro in the event he was one of the slaughtered, which he was, and arranged for someone else to deliver the video.

Under these circumstances, it is really hard to see Storm Shadow as the bad guy here. You kind of want him to get Snake Eyes for this.

As for GI Joe, they consider Snake a defector. He went AWOL on this, refuses to come in, refuses to be taken in under threat of force (So far both Helix and Scarlett had him at gun point and just let him walk away) and the Joes have to assume the worst.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2023 02:37 PM