KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Comic Book Questions & Discussion
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1737): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
Can someone actually explain this to me-

Is thor actually throwing a planet sized object at high speed? because that's one heck of a feat if so. confused

I'm lost on this showing. The prison being the size of a planet but it is attached to his hammer and is thrown. I'm sure his current hammer is no Mjlonir, so is this a strength ft? If so, insane.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by Damborgson
That's exactly what he did, and it was a great feat.

That hammer he used to achieve it however is being sent through space never to come back, so...sucks. It seemed to be a particularly powerful hammer.

He had some other nice feats that issue too:

(please log in to view the image)

That prison is the size of a planet, and look at the size of Thor's lightning relative to it.

----------------------

This changes nothing, Aaron is Aaron and the dialogue and story line was god awful. It's just feats.
awesome. thx for the response. big grin

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:40 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

awesome. thx for the response. big grin
You are welcome.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:42 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by Philosophía
Soo...

Does Magneto....turn into energy and vanish here?
Magneto should forgo all pretenses and just proclaim himself a Tolkien wizard now.

-_-

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:55 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Can someone actually explain this to me-

Is thor actually throwing a planet sized object at high speed? because that's one heck of a feat if so. confused

He's not.

He fastened his hammer to it, then sent it flying.

If it helps you understand, replace 'Thor' with 'Iron Man', and 'hammer' with 'rocket'.

Did Iron Man 'throw' the planet? No. Now, HOW did Thor send it? That's the question that cannot be certain. Did he throw the hammer, or did he command it to fly off?

But he didn't throw the planet itself.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 09:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
Thought this was amusing...

Marvel Asked to Apologize for X-Men Comic's Destruction of Hindu Temple

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:09 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

DS, we see Thor spinning his hammer, then it goes flying across space with a planet sized object in tow. What else but thrown it would Thor have done ?

Relative to the times he's thrown his hammers, how many times to do you see his hammers just getting up and zooming out on its own?

He threw it. Isnt there enough low feats for you to be picking at the little stuff he gets ?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:26 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
Thought this was amusing...

Marvel Asked to Apologize for X-Men Comic's Destruction of Hindu Temple
I was wondering when they would get mad about this.

Marvel would gain my respect were they to just ignore it

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:30 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's not.

He fastened his hammer to it, then sent it flying.

If it helps you understand, replace 'Thor' with 'Iron Man', and 'hammer' with 'rocket'.

Did Iron Man 'throw' the planet? No. Now, HOW did Thor send it? That's the question that cannot be certain. Did he throw the hammer, or did he command it to fly off?

But he didn't throw the planet itself.

He throws hammers. He doesn't whisper to it and it flies away. That's why he summoned a new one after he threw the vessel away.

That's literally this feat, but greater by orders of magnitude.

He provides the torque for the hammer.

It's no longer WST(World Shatterer Thor). It's PCT(Planet Chucker Thor).

Thor is Thor.

Though I'm sure next week, Black Panther will beat him in h2h.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Dec 20th, 2018 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:33 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

DS, we see Thor spinning his hammer, then it goes flying across space with a planet sized object in tow. What else but thrown it would Thor have done ?

Relative to the times he's thrown his hammers, how many times to do you see his hammers just getting up and zooming out on its own?

He threw it. Isnt there enough low feats for you to be picking at the little stuff he gets ?

Blame Aaron for making me think all hammers are sentient/can be programmed to fly off on their own, lol.

But it is obvious that panels are missing in between. When he spins his hammer, there's no chain attached to it. Next panel, when it is flying off, it says he fastened it to his hammer, then sent it.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Aaron has moved onto literally torturing Thor now. He probably went back after "Furnando" was tweeting him MGK "diss" lines and gave Thor something.

"Oh shit, the Latino Thor community is hating what I'm doing with Thor. Let's change that Thor issue - where he gets tortured for 16 pages straight and then limps off after being saved - to him chucking a planet and that's it. Latinos love Dragonball and big feats right? This feat should shut those taco eaters up for a while!"

- Jason Aaron

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:43 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:46 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Well, these ARE special hammers. Forged by Odin:

How about that Damage fight, eh? Lol.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:47 PM
carver9

He threw it. Isnt there enough low feats FROM MARVEL for you to be picking at the little stuff he and anyone else FROM MARVEL gets ? I understand this isn't Superman but let Marvel enjoy some fts as well

Correction.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:33 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Aaron has moved onto literally torturing Thor now. He probably went back after "Furnando" was tweeting him MGK "diss" lines and gave Thor something.

"Oh shit, the Latino Thor community is hating what I'm doing with Thor. Let's change that Thor issue - where he gets tortured for 16 pages straight and then limps off after being saved - to him chucking a planet and that's it. Latinos love Dragonball and big feats right? This feat should shut those taco eaters up for a while!"

- Jason Aaron

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:35 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I was wondering when they would get mad about this.

Marvel would gain my respect were they to just ignore it
Knowing them, though? They'll probably do it. It'll probably be on Dan Didio's personal twitter. Then he'll throw ComicsGate under the bus for the 17th time this year.

-_-

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:37 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Blame Aaron for making me think all hammers are sentient/can be programmed to fly off on their own, lol.

But it is obvious that panels are missing in between. When he spins his hammer, there's no chain attached to it. Next panel, when it is flying off, it says he fastened it to his hammer, then sent it.

I do blame him. I blame him every day.

And you think he whispered to the non sentient hammer to go flying off instead of throwing it? What feat even brought that on ? You think it's more likely he did something that MAYBE has happened before, with a more sophisticated hammer than simply throwing it ?

We're gonna be nice and call that wishful thinking.

Also Bran, that's MR. taco eater!

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:40 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Why would you blame Aaron? Mjolnir was sentient because of the Mother Storm. The other hammers are just hammers, enchanted by Odin, but nowhere near as special or as unique as Mjolnir. That's a pretty big plot point bro....

The issue literally ends with Thor sitting on a planet full of hammers, lamenting, that none of them are Mjolnir, and don't tell him what to do (I.e. aren't enchanted to be semi-sentient and Worthy, and as a result, aren't a moral compass for his daily actions).

Thor spinning his hammer, and tossing it, is probably the most iconic visual aspect of the character.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 12:40 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The other hammers are just hammers

That's what your ex gf used to tell you? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 12:41 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote