KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Comic Book Questions & Discussion
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1731): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

The issue literally ends with Thor sitting on a planet full of hammers, lamenting, that none of them are Mjolnir, and don't tell him what to do (I.e. aren't enchanted to be semi-sentient and Worthy, and as a result, aren't a moral compass for his daily actions

The fact that Aaron thinks that's what Mjolnir's role should be is phucking infuriating. Like, if he was in front of me, I would kick him in the dick until my foot broke.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:26 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Thor spinning his hammer, and tossing it, is probably the most iconic visual aspect of the character.
Really? Huh, weird, and here I thought getting his ass beat was.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:44 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Why would you blame Aaron? Mjolnir was sentient because of the Mother Storm. The other hammers are just hammers, enchanted by Odin, but nowhere near as special or as unique as Mjolnir. That's a pretty big plot point bro....

The issue literally ends with Thor sitting on a planet full of hammers, lamenting, that none of them are Mjolnir, and don't tell him what to do (I.e. aren't enchanted to be semi-sentient and Worthy, and as a result, aren't a moral compass for his daily actions).

Thor spinning his hammer, and tossing it, is probably the most iconic visual aspect of the character.

'Thor, why are you spinning your hammer?'

'I'm going to hurl this planet into the dark abyss!!!'

'Thor.....it's not attached.....'

'Oh'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:47 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Correction.

Lol.

I've entered more BZs with Marvel characters than you have, period. Sit down.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:48 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by NemeBro
Really? Huh, weird, and here I thought getting his ass beat was.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

I've entered more BZs with Marvel characters than you have, period. Sit down.

Thor was so strong that he whirled the whole ship while it was attached to the hammer.

Off panel of course.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 07:23 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Damborgson
DS, we see Thor spinning his hammer, then it goes flying across space with a planet sized object in tow. What else but thrown it would Thor have done ?

Relative to the times he's thrown his hammers, how many times to do you see his hammers just getting up and zooming out on its own?

He threw it. Isnt there enough low feats for you to be picking at the little stuff he gets ?
Current hammers still operate the way Thor commands them mentally, though.

Thor still controls its flight speed [accelerate, decelerate, or stand still in the air] just by holding the hammer. There's blatant examples of this. First one that comes to mind, in Avengers #10 (iirc) when he moves that large building carefully in the air, obviously, he didn't fly by catapulting himself.

You can still see Thor mentally control them to release lightning while not holding them [against Juggernaut].

You can see the hammer spinning [i.e. gaining momentum] with Thor just holding them by the handle, repeatedly.

Loki commanded the hammer, from a standing position, back to Thor, without having to throw it, in issue #4 ( or #3? Thor was in Hel)

Thor can still easily call them back to him.

etc. etc.

I don't have the scans, since I'm not at home, but the hammer being Thor's "Iron Man suit" is very obvious.

I don't get what the big deal is? It's obviously not Thor's arm's strength, but that's semantics, since the hammer itself still has prison-planet moving momentum, so the end result would still be the same, even if Thor mentally controls it.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Dec 21st, 2018 at 09:51 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:43 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Damborgson
I do blame him. I blame him every day.

And you think he whispered to the non sentient hammer to go flying off instead of throwing it? What feat even brought that on ? You think it's more likely he did something that MAYBE has happened before, with a more sophisticated hammer than simply throwing it ?

We're gonna be nice and call that wishful thinking.

Also Bran, that's MR. taco eater!

Well, unless you think Screwbeard threw each and every one of these hammers.....

SEND IT NOW!
(please log in to view the image)

SEND ALL OF THEM!!!

Note the use of the word 'send'. Just like here.

Here he is throwing the hammer, and it then returning:

The hammers are no Mjolnirs, true. But they can still fly around without needing to be thrown.

Even Loki has done it:

No throwing necessary. They can be sent without the need for a strong right or left arm.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 11:00 AM
krisblaze

Loki used to be as strong as Thor.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 12:56 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Lol.. Loki didn't send the hammer, Thor did the usual call the hammer back enchant.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kQmRNhof...600/075_004.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jguYAza7...600/075_005.jpg

And the showing with Juggy, the lightning came from Thor and electrocuted the whole surrounding. If anything the hammers served as a conductor further amping the attack.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Pt9DF5bn...00/083_0010.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZwNZcAJm...00/083_0011.jpg

I understand the implications of such a massive feat, but u guys are trying way too hard. it's not rocket science.

Thor throws hammers. Like ALL THE TIME. Too much this and that going on in here.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Dec 21st, 2018 at 02:39 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:37 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He also mentally commands hammers, like, all the time now lol. No need to throw.

But you didn't address Screwbeard SENDING the hammers, I noticed.

Did Screwbeard throw all of them, you think?

As for the Loki showing, it's just Thor holding his hand out.

Loki is the one who told it to fly.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:43 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Thor was so strong that he whirled the whole ship while it was attached to the hammer.

Off panel of course.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:45 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He also mentally commands hammers, like, all the time now lol. No need to throw.

But you didn't address Screwbeard SENDING the hammers, I noticed.

Did Screwbeard throw all of them, you think?

As for the Loki showing, it's just Thor holding his hand out.

Loki is the one who told it to fly.

Come in saint........

Screwbeard? He'll if I know how he "sends" the hammers. U really think he can easily will hammers to tow planets? I mean...
Thor can shatter multiple celestial bodies as a side effect of his attacks.
All of a sudden these infinitely weaker hammers have the ability to tow planets all by command? And now they're "commanded" to tow planets by a guy who gets a hard on for throwing hammers. The king of hammer throwing ffs... A guy who literally stated he has dreams of throwing hammers.
sad

Well Wutever. Believe what u wanna believe. I just think that it ain't that complicated to see what happened in the scene.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:54 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yes, Thor commanded the hammer to fly away. Not literally threw the hammer to infinity.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:00 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

They're not infinitely weaker....these latest ones are specifically forged by Odin.

I'm saying that the comic shows him 'sending' the hammer, attached to the planet, away.

How he does it, I don't know.

He could have thrown it. He could also have commanded it. We have seen that there is precedence for then being 'sent', like Tony when he summons his armours. There's an argument to be made that Loki sent the hammer, which Thor sensed was coming and hence, held his arm out.

I mean, we even have Loki attaching the chain first, THEN telling it to fly, and then it flies. Unless you're now saying Loki somehow knew the exact moment Thor would summon the hammer?

But to sit back and declare 'He 100% threw it for sure' based on....iffy art (there's DEFINITELY panels missing, the hammer isn't even attached to anything) and 'he likes to throw hammers' is..... incorrect.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:01 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

He already has a multitude of hammers. The scene with Odin just shows they made more. Each hammer made whether it be by Screwbeard or Odin, are powered by Odin. We don't know which hammers he used in #8. In reality it doesn't matter because they are all made with very little uru and are powered by Odin's enchantments.

And u already know what I thought of the Loki scene. I know you're gonna argue sequence. Sometimes the sequence in stories is such that a part of the story is revealed only in a following scene. The hammer was called back by Thor.

And yet u are declaring that he told the hammer to fly off. Told by a guy who throws hammers 99.9999% of the time away... Other than throwing, when do u ever see Thor commanding hammers to fly away from him? What ure describing is not even normal to the character. In fact it would be abnormal.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes, Thor commanded the hammer to fly away. Not literally threw the hammer to infinity.

Thor's throwing arm is actually very weak, Mjolnir always did most of the work for him.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He already has a multitude of hammers. The scene with Odin just shows they made more. Each hammer made whether it be by Screwbeard or Odin, are powered by Odin. We don't know which hammers he used in #8. In reality it doesn't matter because they are all made with very little uru and are powered by Odin's enchantments.

And u already know what I thought of the Loki scene. I know you're gonna argue sequence. Sometimes the sequence in stories is such that a part of the story is revealed only in a following scene. The hammer was called back by Thor.

And yet u are declaring that he told the hammer to fly off. Told by a guy who throws hammers 99.9999% of the time away... Other than throwing, when do u ever see Thor commanding hammers to fly away from him? What ure describing is not even normal to the character. In fact it would be abnormal.

'Mjolnir.....never flew for me as it does for you'

That's what Thor said to Jane. IOW, Mjolnir flies as he commands; unless you're now arguing it changing direction etc is all due to the kinetic energy he gives it with the throw? That's been retconned.

So 99.999999% of the time just fell a hell of a lot, lol.

Odin was showing Screwbeard how it was done. Wait till Thor sees the arsenal he was going to make him. The hammers were different to the usual ones Screwbeard had made.

As for the Loki sequence....well, I have the order in which the pages and panels were presented.

What do you have?

You're the one adding more things and making it more than what was presented, with these theories and hypotheses.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:51 PM
CosmicComet

True @ Stilt. There was a scan where Odin had to tell thor that Mjolnir could swing around at lightspeed.

If Thor's arm could that by itself he wouldn't have needed Odin to tell him that Mjolnir has that ability.

As they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The claim that Thor physcially swung the prison sized planet off panel is a much taller claim than saying it was simply commanded to fly, especially when there is precedent for it. So it requires far more evidence to prove he physically threw it than to assume it was just commanded to fly.

Until that happens, the more conservative claim takes precedence.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:55 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Remember how thorbags used to argue he had FTL combat speed based on how he was twirling that stupid hammer and navigating when it carried him, lol?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 04:45 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Jason Abhilegend

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 05:02 PM