KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Comic Book Questions & Discussion
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1723): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
'Mjolnir.....never flew for me as it does for you'

That's what Thor said to Jane. IOW, Mjolnir flies as he commands; unless you're now arguing it changing direction etc is all due to the kinetic energy he gives it with the throw? That's been retconned.

So 99.999999% of the time just fell a hell of a lot, lol.

Odin was showing Screwbeard how it was done. Wait till Thor sees the arsenal he was going to make him. The hammers were different to the usual ones Screwbeard had made.

As for the Loki sequence....well, I have the order in which the pages and panels were presented.

What do you have?

You're the one adding more things and making it more than what was presented, with these theories and hypotheses.

Mjolnir's flight has not been retconned. It's understood that Mjolnir was always semi-sentient. Thor produces the force(at least initially) when Mjolnir is thrown or spun. And ure right, it flew differently for Foster.

Thor gets out of the hammer based on how much he puts in. When he swings it, is he telling the hammer to move his arms? I mean really?

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Screwbeard is a master weaponsmith. The Dwarves are synonymous with building the best weapons in all the realms. Even Asgardians including Odin rely on them for this. I can't believe u would argue that these hammers are all of a sudden extra special. They are not. They're not Mjolnir and they are a dime a dozen.

What I have is what looks to be the logical explanation for a scene. You are hanging on a technicality that stories don't even follow like gospel as template for storytelling. Thor had called the hammer to him. That was the payoff. All Loki did was tie a chain. This shouldn't even be argued based on an understanding of the character and his history.

Adding? Please... Instead of following established norms for a character, u are the one adding to the scene. You are actually creating a whole scenario a normal to what the character does to support your claim.

"Oh he must've told the hammer to fly away because..."

-They fly by themselves when told - when does Thor ever tell a hammer to fly off w/o throwing it?

-"Sent" must mean he told the hammer to fly - or maybe sent means he threw it(the characters calling card)

-These are extra special hammers because of Odin - he helped Screwbeard(a master blacksmith)when asked by Screwbeard to shut him up instead of constantly yapping. All hammers receive from the same power source(Odin).

-Panel is missing on the throwing - correct. So is the panel where he "tells" the hammer to fly away. I mean how often does he even do that compared to throwing it away? I'm sure it'd be a landslide comparison.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Dec 21st, 2018 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:06 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

No `must` about my statement, btw. Don't misrepresent me.

I said we don't know for certain. To say it's definitely throwing is incorrect. Because it's not definite.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

You said
He's not.

He fastened his hammer to it, then sent it flying.

If it helps you understand, replace 'Thor' with 'Iron Man', and 'hammer' with 'rocket'.

Did Iron Man 'throw' the planet? No. Now, HOW did Thor send it? That's the question that cannot be certain. Did he throw the hammer, or did he command it to fly off?

But he didn't throw the planet itself.

U may have said "cannot be certain". But it's clear what u are saying.

"He's not" was a reply on whether he threw the hammer.

"But he didn't throw the planet itself." Implies that the hammer alone provided the force to move the prison planet.

What else could u actually mean?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:27 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Mjolnir's flight has not been retconned. It's understood that Mjolnir was always semi-sentient. Thor produces the force(at least initially) when Mjolnir is thrown or spun. And ure right, it flew differently for Foster.

Thor gets out of the hammer based on how much he puts in. When he swings it, is he telling the hammer to move his arms? I mean really?

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Screwbeard is a master weaponsmith. The Dwarves are synonymous with building the best weapons in all the realms. Even Asgardians including Odin rely on them for this. I can't believe u would argue that these hammers are all of a sudden extra special. They are not. They're not Mjolnir and they are a dime a dozen.

What I have is what looks to be the logical explanation for a scene. You are hanging on a technicality that stories don't even follow like gospel as template for storytelling. Thor had called the hammer to him. That was the payoff. All Loki did was tie a chain. This shouldn't even be argued based on an understanding of the character and his history.

Adding? Please... Instead of following established norms for a character, u are the one adding to the scene. You are actually creating a whole scenario a normal to what the character does to support your claim.

"Oh he must've told the hammer to fly away because..."

-They fly by themselves when told - when does Thor ever tell a hammer to fly off w/o throwing it?

-"Sent" must mean he told the hammer to fly - or maybe sent means he threw it(the characters calling card)

-These are extra special hammers because of Odin - he helped Screwbeard(a master blacksmith)when asked by Screwbeard to shut him up instead of constantly yapping. All hammers receive from the same power source(Odin).

-Panel is missing on the throwing - correct. So is the panel where he "tells" the hammer to fly away. I mean how often does he even do that compared to throwing it away? I'm sure it'd be a landslide comparison.

So........ You've got no proof that it was Thor who threw the planet-ship but instead the dialog is that sent the hammer but somehow he threw the hammer, hammer stops in middle of the space and then attached the planet to it? Or are you saying Thor spun the whole planet and threw it away?

Because both are contrived and stupid. And its specified as a hammer thing rather than a strength feat.

In fact, he was unable to break free from the cells he was in which was later broken by Thori, Toothgnasher and Valkyrie horse.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Let me guess, Thor grew billions of times stronger and tossed the whole planet away?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You said

U may have said "cannot be certain". But it's clear what u are saying.

"He's not" was a reply on whether he threw the hammer.

"But he didn't throw the planet itself." Implies that the hammer alone provided the force to move the prison planet.

What else could u actually mean?

Lol.

Re-read what I typed. It's VERY clear what I said. He did not throw the planet.

Are you saying he physically THREW the planet now? No, of course not. You're saying that he wound his mighty hammer up, and threw THE HAMMER, which was attached to the planet, and the planet was towed behind the hammer.

The 'He's not' was to this sentence:

quote:
Is thor actually throwing a planet sized object at high speed?

May wanna check those words again, lol. Let's be clear, are you disagreeing with my 'He's not'? Because that means you are saying Thor DID throw the planet sized object.

And Thor calling hammers to him makes a mockery of this scene:

Why scream for Screwbeard to send the hammers......if he can call them on his own?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Abhi... You at making it more complex than it should be.

Did he grow billions of times stronger when he was cracking planets purely as a side effect?

He had already pounded him a handful of times before that encounter. Or..... Maybe.... It's a high end feat that characters of this power level tend to have every now and then? Maybe.....?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:37 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Lol.

Re-read what I typed. It's VERY clear what I said. He did not throw the planet.

Are you saying he physically THREW the planet now? No, of course not. You're saying that he wound his mighty hammer up, and threw THE HAMMER, which was attached to the planet, and the planet was towed behind the hammer.

The 'He's not' was to this sentence:

May wanna check those words again, lol. Let's be clear, are you disagreeing with my 'He's not'? Because that means you are saying Thor DID throw the planet sized object.

And Thor calling hammers to him makes a mockery of this scene:

Why scream for Screwbeard to send the hammers......if he can call them on his own?

The question posed by dpxx was based on him using strength to move that planet... Not about if he went and threw the planet itself. The scans were ther posted by Rage and quoted by him. You didn't actually think that what u are saying is what he was asking about did you?

The Juggy scene is based on the readiness of the hammers.
Him screaming for the hammers won't mean much if they aren't ready to be used.

I really dont have a problem with this. Screwbeard is a master weaponsmith and creator of these hammers after all. Not sure where the "mockery" is.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:48 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Abhi... You at making it more complex than it should be.

Did he grow billions of times stronger when he was cracking planets purely as a side effect?

He had already pounded him a handful of times before that encounter. Or..... Maybe.... It's a high end feat that characters of this power level tend to have every now and then? Maybe.....?

He didn't destroy any planets there as well. The crust of the planet was getting cracked but no planets were destroyed.

And no, it's not a high end showing. It's a ****ing pathetic showing for Thor where a bunch of animals had to free him after he fails to break out of one cell from the ship.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:53 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

And.........

The Rage finally shows... I mean this is really what it's all about isn't it?
U really getting this mad just because another character other than you know who has a massive feat? I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:57 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And.........

The Rage finally shows... I mean this is really what it's all about isn't it?
U really getting this mad just because another character other than you know who has a massive feat? I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you.

And what? Are you really this desperate for feats?

Anyway even if Thor destroyed planets (which he didn't), it wouldn't prove he threw the planet ship here. That's just false equivalency and strawman logic.

Citing it as an agenda on my end wouldn't prove that either.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 07:38 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Whatever u say my friend. This holiday season, i'll be praying 🙏 for u.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 07:52 PM
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
And what? Are you really this desperate for feats?

Anyway even if Thor destroyed planets (which he didn't), it wouldn't prove he threw the planet ship here. That's just false equivalency and strawman logic.

Citing it as an agenda on my end wouldn't prove that either.

It clearly tells us world ears shattering...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TCQH3x64n...s0-Ic42/014.jpg

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 08:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The question posed by dpxx was based on him using strength to move that planet... Not about if he went and threw the planet itself. The scans were ther posted by Rage and quoted by him. You didn't actually think that what u are saying is what he was asking about did you?

The Juggy scene is based on the readiness of the hammers.
Him screaming for the hammers won't mean much if they aren't ready to be used.

I really dont have a problem with this. Screwbeard is a master weaponsmith and creator of these hammers after all. Not sure where the "mockery" is.

Dpxx's post, which I replied to, literally asks if he threw the planet, lol.

And I replied.

I mean, sure, no one can be that silly. But we have Carver, so, I'm surprised everyday.

But he can't summon the hammers. Screwbeard had to send them. THEN they flew to Thor.

Loki told Hel bringer to fly, and fly true. After attaching a chain. It then flew. We then go to Thor, who holds his hand out and it flies to him.

So far, you're just posting scans of Thor and Mjolnir as proof. Then in the same breath, say they're not the same (I agree with that, btw, before you misunderstand me).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 08:13 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
Can someone actually explain this to me-

Is thor actually throwing a planet sized object at high speed? because that's one heck of a feat if so. confused

The literal post I replied and QUOTED, lol.

He even got confused by it. So I replied. No, he did not.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 08:27 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Dpxx's post, which I replied to, literally asks if he threw the planet, lol.

And I replied.

I mean, sure, no one can be that silly. But we have Carver, so, I'm surprised everyday.

But he can't summon the hammers. Screwbeard had to send them. THEN they flew to Thor.

Loki told Hel bringer to fly, and fly true. After attaching a chain. It then flew. We then go to Thor, who holds his hand out and it flies to him.

So far, you're just posting scans of Thor and Mjolnir as proof. Then in the same breath, say they're not the same (I agree with that, btw, before you misunderstand me).

Yes. Pretty sure he understood that the hammer pulled the prison planet when he asked if Thor was "throwing" a planet sized prison and not that if Thor up and threw the planet itself. He was basically asking if Thor threw the hammer which in turn pulled the prison planet. He quoted the scans. If anything he was asking for opinion on whether he threw the hammer away.

As for Screwbeard, there was an issue with readiness of the hammers. It was the first issue after all. I got the feeling that he was actively summoning multiple hammers when the "most powerful" ever version of Juggernaut showed up. He had the same issue as he was falling down the cliff. He looked to be summoning the first hammer, but to no avail. It's why I keep tying the readiness of the hammer to Thor's request of sending them. The seemingly desperate request is explained by the hammers not appearing fast enough when summoned(readiness).

In the very next issue, a hammer flies out of nowhere as his current one is melting from Muspel blood. It didn't even look like he was actively summoning one. He then proclaims he's a new version of the thunder god. One with a "Bigger Arsenal". Now I could be wrong considering Screwbeard is the maker of these weapons and he may have knowledge of how they work, but Thor also made this a point. *shrug*
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZwNZcAJm...00/083_0011.jpg

Again that scene with Loki, I believe that it was being summoned by Thor. The payoff was in the next few panels.

That is not unlike when Mjolnir flew to Thor while in Limbo as Surfer and Kid Loki were messing around with it. Sequentially, it flew first before Thor seemed to even actively summon it as in this scene in question. It doesn't mean Surfur and Kid Loki somehow sent it or it flew by itself to reach Thor in Limbo. Like that olde scene in Mighty Thor v1, Thor had summoned Mjolnir. The payoff was in the next following panels. It's an old storytelling trick. Something a bit unexplainable happens, but is eventually explained(payoff) in the following scenes. Scene sequences are not always robotic and scenes are always explained by the previous scenes.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Dec 21st, 2018 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 08:56 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Whatever u say my friend. This holiday season, i'll be praying 🙏 for u.

Pray for Thor.
Originally posted by carver9
It clearly tells us world ears shattering...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TCQH3x64n...s0-Ic42/014.jpg

You're too far gone to understand what's happening in that scan.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:43 PM
DeadpoolXXX

Yes. Pretty sure he understood that the hammer pulled the prison planet when he asked if Thor was "throwing" a planet sized prison and not that if Thor up and threw the planet itself. He was basically asking if Thor threw the hammer which in turn pulled the prison planet. He quoted the scans. If anything he was asking for opinion on whether he threw the hammer away.
Ya that's what I was asking. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

What level or class of ft do you think this is for Thor?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:49 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

We don't know if he threw the hammer and it pulled the planet, or he commanded it to fly off.

Impossuvle to say.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:59 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

High end feat that won't happen again for long while. Two weeks from now, we'll see Thor getting ko'd by an elf.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:02 PM
DeadpoolXXX

We don't know if he threw the hammer and it pulled the planet, or he commanded it to fly off.

Impossuvle to say.
I guess i just dont get why we would think he didn't throw the hammer? Isnt that thor's whole shtick?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 10:07 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote