KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be researching or working on?

What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be researching or working on?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be researching or working on?

I’m trying to write a Star Wars story about a scientist who is working on something in the era of the New Republic. He does not believe in the Force. I just need something for him to be researching. It really isn’t that important to the story; it just has to sound cool and scientific.It can NOT be game-changing or something that can alter the story in a dramatic way. Also it can’t already have been done in Legends or Canon. I want a fresh idea.

It cannot be

- A time machine

-A teleporter

-A matter replicator

-A singularity Weapon

- Any type of droid

-Anything to do with holograms

-A food synthesizer

- Anything to do with the Force or Midi-chlorians

- A shrink ray

-A freeze ray

-pico and femtotechnology

-A Dyson sphere or any type of megastructure.

-Liquid metal armor or a nano morph

-Any improvements on the hyperdrive

-Limb regeneration

-Hyperspace nullifier

-Holodeck

- Knowledge Transfer (Instant learning like in the Matrix)

-Philosophers Stone

-Kinetic weapons

-Solar sail

-Anything to do with kyber crystals

-Gene editing

-Mech suit

-Exosuit

-Gender change

In canon, during the Empire, scientists were researching methods to control droids, lasers that can punch through deflector shields and ship scale disintigrators. These ideas are therefore taken.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 04:06 AM
Darth Abonis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I’m making one last round on all the forums I posted on. I’m looking for something highly advanced.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 05:26 AM
Darth Abonis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pmwpaul

Re-heating take-away meals with neutrinos

Old Post May 29th, 2019 06:17 PM
pmwpaul is currently offline Click here to Send pmwpaul a Private Message Find more posts by pmwpaul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demon of Heaven

Tachyon particle drive?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 01:07 AM
Demon of Heaven is currently offline Click here to Send Demon of Heaven a Private Message Find more posts by Demon of Heaven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Unique Concept Engine?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 09:57 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Unique Concept Engine?
Too esoteric.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2019 03:21 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about body jumping? A way to transfer his mind from one organic being to another. using science.

It could be interesting...he doesn't believe in the force, what if he jumped into a force user and experiences it? A scientist having to reconcile with experiencing spirituality...could be interesting smile

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 16th, 2019 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2019 10:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Child sexuality.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 10:53 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Men birthing capabilities.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 03:22 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by NemeBro
Child sexuality.
Pair that up with the gender change option. I wanna read about gender swapped scoodily-poopin in TPM.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 03:53 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Interspecies mating.

How to make a Wookie and Ewok work, for example.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 02:04 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Interspecies mating.

How to make a Wookie and Ewok work, for example.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2019 07:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

An unlockable door that plagues the force.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 12:35 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote