KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tier Discussion Thread

KMC Comic Book Tier Discussion Thread
Started by: Deadline

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

KMC Comic Book Tier Discussion Thread

If you are concerned about derailing the KMC Comic Book Tier Thread then post in here.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2019 03:16 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So the main thread is stictly for casting votes or explaining placings and call outs are supposed to be made here? I guess that could actually work, but I'd like to think there won't be much further derailing on the main thread

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 08:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
So the main thread is stictly for casting votes or explaining placings and call outs are supposed to be made here? I guess that could actually work, but I'd like to think there won't be much further derailing on the main thread

Well that was the idea, apparently discussing what the thread is about is derailing the thread. I kinda think it's nonsense but if people feel that way they can post in here.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 08:50 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

most of the list are accurate

I do think Graviton and captain atom should be high herald instead of mid though

adam warlock (classic with soul stones) should be off the herald list, he's above that, same with nu52 atom

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 01:37 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Deadline
If you are concerned about derailing the KMC Comic Book Tier Thread then post in here.

I looked at the list over once and didn't see Mar-Vell there, so I lost interest. Plus some of those nerds voting seem biased to me.

Question : Does Gaylan get to vote or is she just updating the list?

Problem is around here disagreeing with a mod can be trouble. Just look at DG as an example.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 02:06 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ah, it's funny because you called me "gay" and "she" in the same post. Clever. thumb up

Anyhoo, I throw in my opinion on certain characters here and there, but in the end ALL of the changes I make to the list are changes that the consensus of people who actually weigh-in agree to.

It's about as unbiased of a voting system as it can possibly get here.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 02:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Galan007
Ah, it's funny because you called me "gay" and "she" in the same post. Clever. thumb up

Anyhoo, I throw in my opinion on certain characters here and there, but in the end ALL of the changes I make to the list are changes that the consensus of people who actually weigh-in agree to.

It's about as unbiased of a voting system as it can possibly get here.

You guys will NEVER get over the Captain America thingy. Any votes after that are " who cares". You all can't vote for shiit.

Bye now. I don't want to get banned. thumb up

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 02:48 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You seem to be taking the voting in the Tiers thread very personal for some reason. Is there anything I can do to help, friend? smile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 02:51 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

You seem to be taking the voting in the Tiers thread very personal for some reason. Is there anything I can do to help, friend? smile

I like you Galan. I think you may be even nicer than Bada. I trust you too. Any other mod would have let me have it for my liberal speech. All I ask is for you to step up. If you see something wrong or unjust, just step up, man up and say something.

Some will disagree, but you will show integrity among your comic book nerd peers.

For the record. I'm a Batman fan first and Mar-Vell fan second. I have no horse in this race.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 03:09 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm no dictator.

The Tiers thread is an open forum for a reason. I feel like we have a good core group of knowledgeable people who are actively participating, and I fully trust that they will be unbiased within the confines of that particular thread. So if the consensus of people think a given character should be moved to a different position on the list, I move them. I try to keep things as neutral as possible, and 'majority rules' is the best way to do that here.

But as I've said a few times in the thread itself: ANYONE can weigh-in on a particular character at ANY TIME. The thread isn't there for just a handful of people to make decisions... If it seems that way it's just because that handful of people are the only ones who want to actively participate in the thread. The more people who chime in, though, the merrier.

Now obviously if people were saying dumb shit like "Superman for low street" I'd make an 'executive decision' and ignore the vote, but so far things have been going very smoothly... At least from my perspective. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 16th, 2019 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 03:29 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I'm no dictator.

The Tiers thread is an open forum for a reason. I feel like we have a good core group of knowledgeable people who are actively participating, and I fully trust that they will be unbiased within the confines of that particular thread. So if the consensus of people think a given character should be moved to a different position on the list, I move them. I try to keep things as neutral as possible, and 'majority rules' is the best way to do that here.

But as I've said a few times in the thread itself: ANYONE can weigh-in on a particular character at ANY TIME. The thread isn't there for just a handful of people to make decisions... If it seems that way it's just because that handful of people are the only ones who want to actively participate in the thread. The more people who chime in, though, the merrier.

Now obviously if people were saying dumb shit like "Superman for low street" I'd make an 'executive decision' and ignore the vote, but so far things have been going very smoothly... At least from my perspective. /shrug

I have another demand. Please look into voting Mar-Vell onto the list. Do this as a personal favor to me, friend. smile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 04:00 AM
MrMind

thumb up I'll take you up on that. if you guys ever gotten into trans tier, skyfather and above, I would love to weigh in on the characters I know. Was really glad you brought it back, I've been following that thread on every page

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 04:04 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Facee
I looked at the list over once and didn't see Mar-Vell there, so I lost interest. Plus some of those nerds voting seem biased to me.

Question : Does Gaylan get to vote or is she just updating the list?

Problem is around here disagreeing with a mod can be trouble. Just look at DG as an example.

TBF, I've only ever had actual issues with one Mod on KMC, and there was more to it than a simple disagreement. Don't get me wrong because the whole thing was bullshit where I ended up getting screwed on more than one occasion, but the seeds were planted a long, long time ago and there was a fair amount that went on behind the scenes via PM arguments over extended periods, it wasn't simply a matter of me having a disagreement one time over a single topic. There are a lot of things I disagree with different mods about in regards to various rulings that have been made and the way things are handled day to day, but for the most part I don't see there being an overbearing mod problem for the vast majority of the forum. And Galan himself has always been in my "cool book". He and I disagree on a lot of things too in regards to things like who wins various fights and/or how powerful certain characters are, but if picking mods was strictly up to me he'd almost definitely be on my list.

Originally posted by Facee
You guys will NEVER get over the Captain America thingy. Any votes after that are " who cares". You all can't vote for shiit.

Bye now. I don't want to get banned. thumb up

I wouldn't give up on the tiers list yet, I'm sure there are a few people who will remain little agitated over Cap getting bumped, but I doubt it's enough for any of them to just wash their hands of concern for accurate placement overall.

Also, Mar-Vell is ranked at low herald in the tiers, and overall that's probably a good spot for him. He's got some decent feats on his resume, but he was one of the "go to" guys way back before a lot of other characters racked up some really impressive feats.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 06:26 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote