KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)

KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phil
I think we'll be the only ones to say anything on him, so you might as well put him, lol.
*Added Mantis to MH.

My 2 cents on the new proposals:

H'el- Trans
King Hyperion- LH at most.
First Born- 1st form=Trans. 2nd form(the burned/mutated version)=off the list entirely.
Helspont- HH
Starbrand- HH
Maestro- MH
Bor- Not enough to gauge.
Hela- Trans
Warblade- MM
Agent Orange WS- Defer
Zealot- LM
deathblow- Defer
The High WS- Defer
Nemesis WS with Creation Blades- MM
Backlash- LM

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Philosophía
He's the poster boy for big shot in alternate Universes then getting his shit pushed in the main one.

which is sad for those alternative universes, anyone worth a damn from 616 could just go there and own them

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:38 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And are there any other opinions on Runner?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by MrMind

What I'm having trouble with is why so many people think Runner is trans tier though, even with the gem I don't see him being more powerful than let's say classic adam warlock. and he has even less feats than obsidian. Marvel does not even think he can beat the flash in a race, that's why he lost to buried allen. And Barry is only HH

Maybe I'm missing something

To be fair I'm not sure that his race with the flash counts. First of all it could be argued that he was overconfident but that aside the story didn't even make any sense. For starters it claimed something like theres this thing called absolute speed which is faster than light and that's the fastest you can go. The problem with that is that the Surfer has gone over that speed millions of times and so has The Runner. It's like the time that it was stated that The Champion lost to She-hulk because the power gem was linked to power primordial. That doesnt make any sense because the infinity gems have never been linked to the power primordial, not before this was stated and not after so it's like the author made up some concept to make a weaker character look good. It's like Nightcrawler beating Silver Surfer in a comic because it's stated that SS has a weakness to brimestone, that would make no sense because it's just not true.

The reason why he's trans tier is beacuse of his fight with Surfer and Thanos. I could also add that it could be argued that he should be trans tier by just being an Elder in the first place because people within that group usualy are around that level. So it's kinda like if you have a a character that's an Eternal you can assume he will probably have a certain powerset, that doesn't mean he will have matter manipulation powers on the level of Sersi or be as strong as The Forgotten One but he's going to have the usual eg flight cosmic energy manipulation etc.

From what I remember it seems most Elders are above hh. For example Obliterator is another Elder who was owning Surfer in fight. Surfer only won by altering his tech through matter manipulation. Now obvioulsy I wouldn't base putting Runner in trans tier only based on that but that could be something to add if lacking a lot of feats. Oh yeah there's his feat with Moondragon where it was shown he traveled many light years in seconds easily which contradicts the Flash absolute speed theory

One thing that could be added is that I've seen in herochat people invent a tier called 'Elite'. Which is above hh and below subskyfather. Eventhough I think most Elders are above hh I'm not sure if they would be equal to Thanos in power.

Originally posted by Bentley

Runner let's keep him out, not enough showings

I think it could be argued that based on the feats we have seen he's trans tier but if people want him out that's up to them.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 02:42 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I vote we keep him as is. :3

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 03:57 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I also would like to see Starro the Conqueror on trans?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 03:58 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

H'el- Trans
King Hyperion- LH
Starbrand- HH i could go trans with starbrand
Maestro- MH
Hela- Trans
Zealot- LM
Backlash- LM

starro at trans works for me.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 05:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by leonidas
H'el- Trans
King Hyperion- LH
Starbrand- HH i could go trans with starbrand
Maestro- MH
Hela- Trans
Zealot- LM
Backlash- LM

starro at trans works for me.
You make me proud. :3

He is the most powerful Telepath in the entire DC universe after all. erm

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 08:38 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Don't know if I agree with Starro the Conqueror being trans. Granted his TP was impressive, but he also feared the likes of Lobo, so...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:51 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Galan007
Don't know if I agree with Starro the Conqueror being trans. Granted his TP was impressive, but he also feared the likes of Lobo, so...
Despero tried to brake into his mind, yet he Said that his mind was similar to a puddle, that doesn’t have a bottom.

He controls 9 universes with his TP, that is enough to rag doll about anyone really. erm

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Controlling 9 galaxies-worth(not universes, lol) of sentients and owning Despero with TP is impressive and all, but it's hardly enough to make him trans-level by itself, imo. I'd wager a telepath like Hector 'God Brain' Hammond, for example, could easily mindphuck that same Despero, and he's only LH. And as mentioned, Starro explicitly feared Lobo, who is only MH.

I'd say HH for Starro, tbh, though I'm curious what others have to say about him. I'm not opposed to trans if a decent case can be made I guess. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 21st, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:13 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Galan007
Controlling 9 galaxies-worth(not universes, lol) of sentients and owning Despero with TP is impressive and all, but it's hardly enough to make him trans-level by itself, imo. I'd wager a telepath like Hector 'God Brain' Hammond, for example, could easily mindphuck that same Despero, and he's only LH. And as mentioned, Starro explicitly feared Lobo, who is only MH.

I'd say HH for Starro, tbh, though I'm curious what others have to say about him. I'm not opposed to trans if a decent case can be made. /shrug
You put up a good case. :3

Have we seen abilities from him other then TP?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:25 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He swatted around Captain Comet(LH), and Starfire(HM) pretty easily.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:29 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Now , if only he were to face Odin...

laughing

Sadly enough, I don’t have a case for him being trans quite yet, so I’ll stick with HH until I do.

I may come back on this topic sometime later, if that is okay with you. smile

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:33 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Of course. thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:35 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

You guys should do a strength class thread. You know like the back of the marvel handbooks have.
Class 1 and so on.

Be nice to see where some of DC guys fit in since Ive never seen one for DC.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 01:18 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, i'm remembering some older jla books where starro seemed pretty clearly to be a threat the whole league was needed to defeat. i remember despero teaming with vril dox at one point as well, and again, starro seemed like a pretty uber threat. he's always been a bit of a difficult villain to get my head fully around though. the most recent version certainly isn't trans--not even sure what level i'd say cobi (is that it's name??) is. but the classic version of starro seems to be trans for sure to me. but i'll accept that this isn't a character i know especially well, or even really like that much. /shrug

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 02:06 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i'm remembering some older jla books where starro seemed pretty clearly to be a threat the whole league was needed to defeat. i remember despero teaming with vril dox at one point as well, and again, starro seemed like a pretty uber threat. he's always been a bit of a difficult villain to get my head fully around though. the most recent version certainly isn't trans--not even sure what level i'd say cobi (is that it's name??) is. but the classic version of starro seems to be trans for sure to me. but i'll accept that this isn't a character i know especially well, or even really like that much. /shrug
Maybe not current, but his peak was when he beheaded Despero with absolute ease in my opinion.

They should have published more about him, he really is a cool character.

It is just hard to think that one with the TP abilities to control 9 universes can be any less than Trans. erm

But being scared of Lobo kinda kicks him down...

Maybe he was just fearful of the Lobo from the cartoon, if that is the case, I would see why. X3

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 03:02 AM
NemeBro

Where would you horribly handsome homos put the Plutonian from the end of Irredeemable? High herald?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 04:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by NemeBro
Where would you horribly handsome homos put the Plutonian from the end of Irredeemable? High herald?
High or mid herald yeah.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 04:11 AM