KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Venom: Let there be Carnage

Venom: Let there be Carnage
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Uh, it still doesn't look that great. The trailer is well done, but the movie still looks mediocre at best.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 11:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Uh, it still doesn't look that great. The trailer is well done, but the movie still looks mediocre at best.

And I was thinking it was gonna have to be me that said it, as usual.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 12:07 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
I’ve read a lot of him in the comics? But I don’t recall him ever using projectiles? Has he ever?

Carnage has done it plenty of times, There's even a panel of him throwing an axe that he's created.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 01:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ugh...wonky edit button, guess i'll have to double post then

as for this movie, I'll still go see it but the trailer hasn't exactly hyped me up.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 01:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Like the last movie, I’m going in for the action scenes.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 03:00 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I take it most you guys arent a fan of the humour.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 07:44 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

What humor?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 08:29 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by riv6672
What humor?

Got it.

I personally laughed my ass off in the first one. Loved that film.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 11:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It’s going to be schlock but I’m going to love every moment Carnage and Venom are on screen

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 03:05 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I take it most you guys arent a fan of the humour.

Humors not bad, overuses of humor is though.

The first Venom was okay, it should have been dark and gritty, but instead they went for the pg13 angle instead. It payed off, but the film was lacking.

Hopefully the humor in this one is tone down.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 03:22 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Got it.

I personally laughed my ass off in the first one. Loved that film.

No, it was honest question I thought you meant something specific.

I laughed at quite a few scenes.
Going in for the action scenes doesn’t mean I’m not open to enjoying anything else. I like being pleasantly surprised.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 04:46 PM
Darth Thor

No, it was honest question I thought you meant something specific.

I laughed at quite a few scenes.
Going in for the action scenes doesn’t mean I’m not open to enjoying anything else. I like being pleasantly surprised.

Ah right. I just think a large part of why Venom worked was that dark comedy between the Symbiote and Eddie.

And yeah the fact that Venom was portrayed well in terms of the visuals.

This one looks like it's doing everything that worked from the first.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 04:56 PM
riv6672

Ah right. I just think a large part of why Venom worked was that dark comedy between the Symbiote and Eddie.

And yeah the fact that Venom was portrayed well in terms of the visuals.

This one looks like it's doing everything that worked from the first.

I was actually going to use the term dark humor.
Not sure how Hardy was doing his lines w. a cgi character but it was some good rapport in the final product.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 05:32 PM
Darth Thor

I was actually going to use the term dark humor.
Not sure how Hardy was doing his lines w. a cgi character but it was some good rapport in the final product.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 06:32 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by carthage
It’s going to be schlock but I’m going to love every moment Carnage and Venom are on screen

That's perfectly fair. I wish I could enjoy it, but the first one just put such a bitter taste in my mouth.

And sadly this one still looks like shit.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2021 11:37 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolBlackKnight
~ Superninja ~

These Venom movies aren't for me I guess. I just don't find them funny or interesting.

But for those that do, enjoy.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2021 04:48 AM
CoolBlackKnight is currently offline Click here to Send CoolBlackKnight a Private Message Find more posts by CoolBlackKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like us Australians & New Zealanders have to wait until October to see this movie now

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/08/v...ia-new-zealand/

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 11:06 AM
riv6672

^^^Goddamn…October?!?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 01:16 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems like the October release date is everywhere now

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/venom...yed-to-october/

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 06:49 AM
Darth Thor

Yeah was gonna say last trailer didnt show release date. Probably pushed due to Delta variant.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 06:53 AM