KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Elden Ring

Elden Ring
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I’m really looking forward to playing it

Old Post Aug 30th, 2021 09:39 PM
Total Warrior is currently offline Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm looking forward to Elden Ring. Eversince I played Bloodborne I've been waiting for another new IP by them I can get behind. I'd try Dark Souls but I feel I'm late to that party.

It's never too late to get into Souls.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 30th, 2021 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2021 10:00 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 12:41 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Have we seen gameplay yet?

I wouldn't be surprised this gets delayed again mid-summer.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 01:46 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Just this.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 02:05 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm, leaked gameplay....I will be surprised if it does get released early next year.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 04:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Preview starts at 14:04.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2021 02:53 PM
ares834

Looks good.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2021 07:37 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Open-world Dark Souls?

Dark Souls was open-ended, this is looking more open-world.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 4th, 2021 07:56 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, it appears mechanically similar to Souls + Sekiro, but with an open world.

Being a magic user, I'm pumped about the new spells. Looks like the player fired off a sorcery version of Lightning Arrow, but with 3 arrows. And another spell looked like a massive upgrade to Crystal Hail.

And it appears Soul Stream from DS3 is returning, which awesome. Feels so great to blast enemies with a kamehameha.

I've always been curious about how Dark Souls could implement summoning magic too, and I'm intrigued by the examples in the video. I wonder if you'll be able to build a pure summoner character, and play that way. I like that the summonings seemed like a coordinated, focused attack from the spirits, almost like a spell.

And the casting animations look a bit smoother and more organic now too.

I hope we get better looking casting tools too. The staves are all ugly AF in DS3. In DS2 we had the Staff of Wisdom, which actually looks magical. And the Sunset Staff's floating and rotating parts really added an arcane feel to it. We need more stuff like that.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 4th, 2021 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2021 08:58 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I am so hyped for this game, inject it straight into my face

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 07:22 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Can't wait. This looks awesome.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2021 07:23 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

But can the horse dodge roll?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2021 07:38 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Seeing great things from the network test gameplay. It's sure looking like FromSoft is going to crank out another GOAT contender.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 07:34 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
I've always been curious about how Dark Souls could implement summoning magic too, and I'm intrigued by the examples in the video. I wonder if you'll be able to build a pure summoner character, and play that way. I like that the summonings seemed like a coordinated, focused attack from the spirits, almost like a spell.

Looks like summons operate similarly to Hunter tools from Bloodborne. They're unlimited-use consumables that use FP. The catch seems to be that you can only summon in certain zones.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 08:18 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Very hyped fpr this game. If it wasn't for From Software games i don't know what i would do.

The game mechanics seem like a cross between dark souls and sekiro

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 08:32 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

https://www.google.com/amp/s/market...ded/228493/amp/

Bandai Namco had to suspend pre-orders of the Premium Collector's Edition due to demand being too high.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 04:36 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Y'all ready for another decade in gaming to peak at the very start again? FROM sure is. eek!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2022 02:36 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm completely disgusted by StyleTime changing his signature

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2022 05:02 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Well, I probably won't have it for long. It was mostly a joke centering around a recent comic event I hated.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2022 07:56 PM