KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Sandman (Netflix)

The Sandman (Netflix)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The Sandman (Netflix)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...netflix-1220761

I sincerely hope they don’t f*ck this up.

Or cancel it after one season.

The Sandman is the greatest and most sophisticated graphic novel ever written.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2019 11:10 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well going to Netflix is a good sign - Think Daredevil and Punisher.

If it was on the DC Streaming service it would be cancelled before pilot is out.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2019 12:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor

If it was on the DC Streaming service it would be cancelled before pilot is out.

The streaming service has put out some quality shows. The 3rd season of Young Justice and of course Doom Patrol, which is better in quality than any tv show Marvel has produced.

At this stage I'm not sure the streaming service has much original content on it besides the shows I mentioned plus Titans.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2019 12:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This could be really good if done right.

....But it could also be painfully bad if they don't do it justice.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2019 01:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 1st, 2019 02:11 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
The streaming service has put out some quality shows. The 3rd season of Young Justice and of course Doom Patrol, which is better in quality than any tv show Marvel has produced.

At this stage I'm not sure the streaming service has much original content on it besides the shows I mentioned plus Titans.

Was a joke (sort of) after what happened to Swamp Thing. Point is its not a secure platform.

Also I couldnt get through Young Justice S3. Was way too slow Imo.

And I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2019 02:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Holy shit, that's fantastic news! Hopefully they don't mess it up

PWNT

Old Post Jul 1st, 2019 05:26 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In a recent interview with Gaiman, he assured fans that this adaptation would remain faithful in spirit to the source material, and that it would also follow the comics' story properly.

...So that's good.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 10:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but American Gods became horribly bad.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:44 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Never watched that one.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 02:42 PM
Impediment
Endless

We need more of this.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 30th, 2020 06:50 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 06:22 PM
Impediment
Endless

I’m actually glad Tom Ellis won’t be reprising his role as Lucifer Morningstar. I sincerely tried to like the show “Lucifer” but it just isn’t any good, in my opinion. The titular character may have been inspired by the comic book character, but the overall show is 1% faithful as an adaptation only for name of the f*cking character. There’s absolutely no tie in reference material to the show from the comic book. I think if Tilda Swinton can play an androgynous angel in the movie “Constantine”, then Gwendoline Christie can do just the same in a th adaptation of Sandman. After all, David Bowie was the original inspiration for the appearance of Lucifer in the comic book.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 06:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I tried Lucifier, but it became stale to me after 7-8 eps.

I can see Gwendoline Christie as an androgynous Satan, if they go that path.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 06:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

might watch just will wait and see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 08:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Only if it cost them 90 mil to make a season (ah la swamp thing)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 12:25 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I’m anxious AF to see who they cast as the other Endless.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2021 02:38 PM
Arachnid1

We're closing in on two years since this announcement. Wtf are they doing with this show?

I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle all the DC characters too. That has to be a minefield to navigate. Who will they use for Constantine or Superman? IMO I think I'd rather this show just use original casting for them all and be an alternate universe instead of using movie/show versions of characters (as fantastic as Matt Ryans Constantine is; there's also the JJ Abrams HBO show version that's in development which makes this even more complicated).

PWNT

Old Post Apr 11th, 2021 04:17 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm fine with gender swapping. I just want good actors and even better writing.

I'm genuinely anxious to see who is cast as Death.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2021 03:18 AM
Impediment
Endless

Major casting update!

https://www.avclub.com/netflix-cast...tine-1846975288

I utterly baffled as to why they felt it necessary to include the pronouns of the characters.

Also, I hate Patton Oswalt.

Old Post May 27th, 2021 06:32 PM