KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Big Bang Fizzle

The Big Bang Fizzle
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I've already talked about the cell which is infinitely more complex than the most cmplicated of human creations. That alone is steong evidence for design. And, I've also pointed to all of the natural laws of the universe that always work. It is much more logical to believe that those things are the result of an intelligent designer than pure randomness.

Your first argument makes no sense unless you are arguing against someone claiming that a human being created all matter and the universe, which no one is.

What kind of natural laws are you referencing here?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
Nope. I don't think that either is any more likely than the other until it can be proven. I just find it funny that you do with such arrogance.

I know that biblical creation is s religious belief. I've admitted that on many occasions. I have a religion, yes . But, so do Darwinian evolutionists whether they admit it or not.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:11 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Your first argument makes no sense unless you are arguing against someone claiming that a human being created all matter and the universe, which no one is.

What kind of natural laws are you referencing here?

I brought it up to point out how it is so complex that it couldn't possibly have come about thru pure chance. There had to be an intelligence to it.

All of them. All of the order and natural and scientific laws in the universe. There is much more logical that an intelligence created the laws and order than to believe they all came about by chance.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:17 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're a testy one. You yourself have and are discounting anything that doesn't support your belief of how things were created, so yes, you are picking and choosing what backs your religious belief system. Not need to get all pissy pants about it. You believe what you believe.

...and you believe what you believe no need to get all pissy pants about it. See, two can play that game.

You are guilty of doing exactly what you accuse me of doing, hypocrite. You must be a leftist, they love to project.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:20 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I know that biblical creation is s religious belief. I've admitted that on many occasions. I have a religion, yes . But, so do Darwinian evolutionists whether they admit it or not.

If they believe even though it hasn't been completely accepted then yes, I guess it is somewhat religious without any rituals or tenets.

That's great thing about science though, they aren't telling you it is irrefutable fact. It's a theory. One that does hold weight. Not counting it as science is biased especially when Biblical creation is no more fact based.

I personally do not believe in any God that has been introduced, but I can't diprove it either. I wouldn't say you are a moron because you believe it either.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:22 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Ok so you’re just interpreting the evidence differently to support your predetermined beliefs. This is not scientific. Science starts from nothing and works from there to get to the position that has the most evidence to support it. IDs work backwards, starting from their religious belief and trying to find evidence to support that. Hence, not science. The Big Bang is supported by scientists not because they want it or need to to be true but because through their testing it is what is the most likely to have occurred. They have no vested interest in it being true. If another theory is posited that had more evidence then the Big Bang theory would be abandoned for the new one. The same is not true with your religious beliefs.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

...and you believe what you believe no need to get all pissy pants about it. See, two can play that game.

You are guilty of doing exactly what you accuse me of doing, hypocrite. You must be a leftist, they love to project.

Not at all. I didn't call you an idiot for believing in god nor did I tout evolution/big bang as the clear and only explanation. All I did was call out your bias.

Also, I think I was centered more as a libertarian last time I took one of the quizzes.

Last edited by socool8520 on Aug 2nd, 2020 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:24 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

God said memory. Maybe everyone needs to focus on that.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:26 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ what?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:27 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

If they believe even though it hasn't been completely accepted then yes, I guess it is somewhat religious without any rituals or tenets.

That's great thing about science though, they aren't telling you it is irrefutable fact. It's a theory. One that does hold weight. Not counting it as science is biased especially when Biblical creation is no more fact based.

I personally do not believe in any God that has been introduced, but I can't diprove it either. I wouldn't say you are a moron because you believe it either.

Science is things that can be observed and tested. The only part of Darwinism that holds any weight whatsoever in actual science is microevolution thru natural selection which isn't really evolutionary at all, tbh, as no new information is gained. I merely call it microevolution because that is what evolutionists call those small changes. I don't actually agree with the term.

The Big Bang is also just as unprovable as Darwinian evolution is and every bit as stupid. Sorry, but I will never call those things science because there is no actual proof for them.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:31 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not at all. I didn't call you an idiot for believing in god nor did I tout evolution/big bang as the clear and only explanation. All I did was call out your bias.

Also, I think I was centered more as a libertarian last time I took one of the quizzes.

Nor did I call you an idiot for believing in Big Bang or Darwinian evolution. wink

Good for you. That's much better than being a leftist.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:35 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Ok so you’re just interpreting the evidence differently to support your predetermined beliefs. This is not scientific. Science starts from nothing and works from there to get to the position that has the most evidence to support it. IDs work backwards, starting from their religious belief and trying to find evidence to support that. Hence, not science. The Big Bang is supported by scientists not because they want it or need to to be true but because through their testing it is what is the most likely to have occurred. They have no vested interest in it being true. If another theory is posited that had more evidence then the Big Bang theory would be abandoned for the new one. The same is not true with your religious beliefs.

Eh, I still don't see it that way, BF.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:36 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Science is things that can be observed and tested. The only part of Darwinism that holds any weight whatsoever in actual science is microevolution thru natural selection which isn't really evolutionary at all, tbh, as no new information is gained. I merely call it microevolution because that is what evolutionists call those small changes. I don't actually agree with the term.

The Big Bang is also just as unprovable as Darwinian evolution is and every bit as stupid. Sorry, but I will never call those things science because there is no actual proof for them.

Their scientific theories whether you lend them credence or not. Some amount of math, evidence from fossils, simulations, etc. went into the theories. They didn't just say, :we evolved from an amoeba, no explanation needed" or "There was and explosion, no explanation needed".

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:37 PM
BackFire

Eh, I still don't see it that way, BF.

Ok. That’s fine by me. Your beliefs are your own and none of my business.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:38 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Nor did I call you an idiot for believing in Big Bang or Darwinian evolution. wink

Good for you. That's much better than being a leftist.

But you did speak as if biblical creation is the only way things could have unfolded while attacking other's viewpoints. That was the bias/arrogance I was talking about. You were even warned about it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:39 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Their scientific theories whether you lend them credence or not. Some amount of math, evidence from fossils, simulations, etc. went into the theories. They didn't just say, :we evolved from an amoeba, no explanation needed" or "There was and explosion, no explanation needed".

They are called theories, yes. But I don't agree that they are theories because an actual theory has strong evidence to support it. At best. they are just hypothesis. I still think of them as more of a non-theistic religion though.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:41 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Well if memory makes love 💕 better it makes life longer.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:43 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

They are called theories, yes. But I don't agree that they are theories because an actual theory has strong evidence to support it. At best. they are just hypothesis. I still think of them as more of a non-theistic religion though.

Loosely I guess.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:44 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you did speak as if biblical creation is the only way things could have unfolded while attacking other's viewpoints. That was the bias/arrogance I was talking about. You were even warned about it.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure that all I said was that creation is more logical to me than the big bang and Darwinism.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:44 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Go away, monkey wannabe troll. You believe that a friggin 'rock changed into all the life forms on the planet lmfao. Evolution and Big Bang are the two most stupid a** religions in the history of the world.

I believe in the eternal God and dumbasses like you believe in the eternal dirt lol. laughing out loud

You did both of the things I called you out for. not to me directly, but it was the attitude you were throwing around

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 08:46 PM