KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor: Love and Thunder

Thor: Love and Thunder
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

If Beta Ray Bill is introduced he's probably going to job super hard.

With that said I don't get from a fan's perspective why folks are excited for Portman's return considering that the last time she was in a film she gave a pretty phoned in performance. In addition she has9 shown much interest in superhero film.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 09:20 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Snipes is too old.

Clint will only get a TV series, afaik. Not a movie.

Didn’t say I want Snipes back. But it was Snipes Blades films that held Marvel’s head in the water. I just felt he got ****ed pretty badly by not getting payed.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 09:43 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

With that said I don't get from a fan's perspective why folks are excited for Portman's return considering that the last time she was in a film she gave a pretty phoned in performance. In addition she has9 shown much interest in superhero film.

Not only she’s 2 face. She hates the movies, she’s cite that herself, thats why she didn’t come back for Thor 3, but now she’s suddenly has a change of heart.

I’ll pass.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 09:45 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by SquallX
Not only she’s 2 face. She hates the movies, she’s cite that herself, thats why she didn’t come back for Thor 3, but now she’s suddenly has a change of heart.

I’ll pass.

Got a source? Can't find anything.

It doesn't really bother me though. Plenty of actors in decent to great movies hated the films they were in. Alec Guinness famously hated Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 01:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Guessing with two Mjolnirs, Thor handed one out as a gift. If that's the case, it's whatevs really.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 02:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

As long as he goes good during the 3rd act then I'll be happy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 03:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Thor keeps stormbreaker and gives up mjolnjr. Simple

And then she establishes female dominamce by immediately beating the shit outta Thor with her ovaries. And makes him give up his name.

Last edited by ShadowFyre on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 03:52 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I thought he would have had to return Mjolnir to its point in time, similar to the Stones. Otherwise, that Thor won't have it for his battle with Malekith and everything else that follows. Which would be a super dick thing of this Thor to do, even if it doesn't screw up the timeline in other ways.

Because even if we go with the "every change just makes a new timeline" thing, it would potentially create a timeline where Thor fails to stop Malekith, not having Mjolnir to aid him in the fight, resulting in Malekith succeeding and blacking out the entire universe in that particular timeline. So, yeah, a dick move to say the least.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 03:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I thought he would have had to return Mjolnir to its point in time, similar to the Stones. Otherwise, that Thor won't have it for his battle with Malekith and everything else that follows. Which would be a super dick thing of this Thor to do, even if it doesn't screw up the timeline in other ways.

Because even if we go with the "every change just makes a new timeline" thing, it would potentially create a timeline where Thor fails to stop Malekith, not having Mjolnir to aid him in the fight, resulting in Malekith succeeding and blacking out the entire universe in that particular timeline. So, yeah, a dick move to say the least.
Yeah, I thought about that too. I think Cap has it in the ending, though.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 04:39 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Honestly, it'd be just as well if Jane Foster got recast/Natalie Portman got replaced.

Between Ed Norton, Terrence Howard, or Hugo Weaving being replaced with someone else playing their characters later on in the MCU, stranger things have happened.

But if we're still getting Portman whose two-faced about her character, then whatever.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 10:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

They did return it. Cap has it on the pad at the end when he goes back.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 10:48 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Honestly, it'd be just as well if Jane Foster got recast/Natalie Portman got replaced.

Between Ed Norton, Terrence Howard, or Hugo Weaving being replaced with someone else playing their characters later on in the MCU, stranger things have happened.

But if we're still getting Portman whose two-faced about her character, then whatever.

My issue is more the fact that she is all of 5'3" and not all that young anymore. Not exactly the image of a warrior goddess to take the mantle from Chris Hemsworth. So, yeah, re-casting would be better IMO. Get someone younger, who looks like they could kick some ass if needed.

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
They did return it. Cap has it on the pad at the end when he goes back.

I kind of figured, which is why I was somewhat perplexed by all this multiple Mjolnir talk going on.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 11:10 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Though that does make me think... So, Cap had to go back to Asgard and stab Jane with a needle containing the Aether, to reinfect her? That must have been awkward.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 11:18 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

That's an odd way to spell hot.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 11:57 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I guess Cap did give her his prick before Thor could then.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 12:16 PM
Darth Thor

My issue is more the fact that she is all of 5'3" and not all that young anymore. Not exactly the image of a warrior goddess to take the mantle from Chris Hemsworth. So, yeah, re-casting would be better IMO. Get someone younger, who looks like they could kick some ass if needed.

I just think Valkyrie or Sif would have been the better choice for the movies. Dont have to do everything exactly like the comics.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 01:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I just think Valkyrie or Sif would have been the better choice for the movies. Dont have to do everything exactly like the comics.

Well, it wasn't going to be Sif as long as Jaimie Alexander still has Blindspot going. But she might return to the MCU films after that wraps up its final season.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 02:57 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Well, it wasn't going to be Sif as long as Jaimie Alexander still has Blindspot going. But she might return to the MCU films after that wraps up its final season.

Sif could get a Disney + show

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 06:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Sif could get a Disney + show

Possibly. From what I have read, she is still on pretty good terms with Disney and the MCU guys. Her lack of appearances in recent times is pretty much down to her being the lead on Blindspot, which obviously causes shooting schedule conflicts. But I think that only has one more season to go, so something might happen after that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 11:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That show Blindspot is still going?...haven't seen it since it first started, Probably got put on another channel here in Australia.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 01:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote