KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Army of the Dead (Zack Snyder)

Army of the Dead (Zack Snyder)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 14th, 2021 01:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

A heist with zombies. Shut up and take my money!!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 10:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

This looks like a ridiculously over the top giant steaming pile of shit and I will still like it anyway. The Dead Island of zombie movies.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 11:12 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll be watching it, I liked Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake

hoping it's just as good or even better then that.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 03:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

But this time, he needs to come up with a script of his own...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 05:19 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, He had help from James Gunn back then.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 05:40 AM
riv6672

Dammit, I’m a sucker for Kenny Rogers.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 08:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah, He had help from James Gunn back then.

Yes, but it's not just that.

As you said, it was a remake. Romero was a genius of the zombie genre --- making decent remakes out of his original trilogy is an easy task.

Snyder does his best only when the script is already ready and loved by everyone. Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, 300...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 08:51 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Snyder does his best only when the script is already ready and loved by everyone. Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, 300...

Nothing wrong with that. Directors dont need to be heavily involved with the script.

Not everyone can be George Lucas stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 03:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yes, but it's not just that.

As you said, it was a remake. Romero was a genius of the zombie genre --- making decent remakes out of his original trilogy is an easy task.

I've liked most of the remake's for Romero's trilogy Night of the living (1990) & Dawn Of The Dead (2004). Seems like they dropped the ****en ball with the Day of the Dead remake.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 02:18 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nothing wrong with that. Directors dont need to be heavily involved with the script.

Not everyone can be George Lucas stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Okay, I see what you are getting at.

And what I am trying to say is that I don't believe they have a good story/idea for this film.

Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

I've liked most of the remake's for Romero's trilogy Night of the living (1990) & Dawn Of The Dead (2004).

Night of the Living Dead remake was directed by Tom Savini.

Dude was a combat photographer in Vietnam and worked closely with Romero on many films.

He is like Romero's Padawan who passed all the tests with flying colors and became a Jedi Zombie Knight.

Seems like they dropped the ****en ball with the Day of the Dead remake.

Haven't seen it.

But I do know there were like two remakes and one unofficial prequel and they all have one thing in common - almost everyone on the web considers them crap.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Apr 18th, 2021 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 07:11 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

And what I am trying to say is that I don't believe they have a good story/idea for this film.

Uh, a heist movie with zombies is just about the best idea for a movie I've heard of in a LONG time. So clearly you smokin' crack.

My only reservation is how these smart zombies will change the genre. But I had a friend point out that it's actually possibly an appropriate evolution given that modern zombies were originally an allegory rooted in the fear of communism and ideologies that, supposedly, strip down individuality and free thought (among other things, for sure). Night of the Living Dead certainly had very heavy political undertones. So, if played well, it might actually be a clever update on the idea of zombies, because so many "smart" people believe QAnon BS and various misinformation nonsense. They are certainly directly hindering our current civilization.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 08:09 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"Played well", "clever" --- not exactly Zack's specialty.

Smart zombies were done before, too.

I don't trust Snyder.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 09:06 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I still like Snyder, I feel like he needs to have a break from doing the comic book movie adaptations.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2021 06:05 AM
riv6672

:

Zombie heist movie. It practically writes itself!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2021 08:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I still like Snyder, I feel like he needs to have a break from doing the comic book movie adaptations.

I agree. Returning to an epic zombie flick seems a perfect break. It much better suits his darker, somber tendencies anyway. I still have some faith in Snyder despite Man of Steel and BvS. Watchmen and 300 are still enjoyable to me, and his Justice League cut restored a little more faith in him. So I have no doubt that this will at least be entertaining if not actually a great film.

Does anyone know, is this film going to have any direct connections to his Dawn of the Dead?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2021 08:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Watchmen and 300 are still enjoyable to me

Because he took the story and made a movie out of it, staying 100% faithful to the source material.

The way fans have always wanted.

Army of the Dead is not a remake or an adaptation.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2021 09:54 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Because he took the story and made a movie out of it, staying 100% faithful to the source material.

The way fans have always wanted.

Army of the Dead is not a remake or an adaptation.

I admit there is certainly reason to be cautious.

Because the writers don't seem to have much of a track record, which makes me wary.

But I remain cautiously optimistic just because the idea is so promising. big grin

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 07:36 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

If I'm not mistaken, this comes out Friday. I'm a little psyched.

The reviews that are in seem pretty positive so far.

Old Post May 12th, 2021 11:17 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So I was sort of mistaken. It came out in theaters last weekend, but it's not on Netflix until this coming weekend. Part of me really wanted to see it on the big screen, but I guess I'll wait a few more days and watch it for free at home.

But it does seem to be getting decent reviews. So that's good.

Old Post May 17th, 2021 07:56 PM