KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » MCU Blade

MCU Blade
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaveDude33211

Meh. Blade isn't Blade without Wesley Snipes, to me.

I would have preferred to see a continuation of the Blade Series they had on Spike TV years ago, rather than a(nother) reboot with some stand-in.

No thanks.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 01:11 AM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Disney doesn’t have the balls to do anything R rated
And it’s make Thor cry to his imam

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 01:20 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:

Maybe not in house but they could always release a R rated film under another studio.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 02:52 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
And it’s make Thor cry to his imam

Disney can very well release as an R rated film under the Fox banner

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 03:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Maybe not in house but they could always release a R rated film under another studio.

But with Feige announcing it sounds like its not another studio.

Anyway Ignore Carthage. He just likes his crappy - Hugh Jackman and his shitty useless mutant team there just to make him look better.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 09:50 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Flyattractor
owned BY Disney but NOT Disney. MCU Movies are Straight UP Disney.

smokin'

Disney has gotten away with releasing R-rated films under the names of different film companies they created, like Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures, and when they owned Miramax they let them keep distributing R-rated fare - rare examples of films too hot for Miramax to handle and were distributed elsewhere were movies like Kids and Dogma. There hasn't been a single film they've released where the Disney banner comes up in the opening credits and it's been anything stronger than PG-13 fare, like some of the Pirates Of The Caribbean movies.

Now, because the Disney banner never comes up at the beginning of movies made by Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and presumably Fox, could they release an R-rated movie? Based on past experience, yes.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 11:18 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider

Now, because the Disney banner never comes up at the beginning of movies made by Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and presumably Fox, could they release an R-rated movie? Based on past experience, yes.

Dunno because Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios have that family friendly image to them as well. So would need to be under Fox or Touchstone like you said.

But with Feige announcing it on the Marvel Studios panel, I doubt that will be the case.

But we shall have to wait and find out.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 11:32 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I remember seeing Ali for the first time on The 4400 and have been a fan ever since. So, I am optimistic to see where this goes.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 12:22 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mahershala Ali is an amazing actor. Somewhere we all know that this movie is going to be hit as the other Marvel movies.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 08:58 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dynisty

Will Marvel create an R-rated Blade film tho? I don't know. I hope so.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 09:06 AM
Dynisty is currently offline Click here to Send Dynisty a Private Message Find more posts by Dynisty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This is the most Comic-based film I'm excited over now, Mahershala Ali is excellent and Blade's an excellent character. Bring it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 09:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

They should introduce Moon Knight in this movie.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 05:03 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Inhuman

they certainly might

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 06:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Please tell me he actually said this and it’s not edited

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 06:03 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Double post

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 06:22 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by steverules_2
Please tell me he actually said this and it’s not edited

I saved it from somewhere but I think it's from a Deadpool comic, Spider-Man was also featured in that story if I recall correctly.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 06:23 PM
Senor Cage

This needs to be rated R.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 06:31 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Feige has stated that after acquiring Deadpool, his movies will still be Rated-R. I think if they allow one other R property it'll be Blade.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 06:41 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by KingD19
Feige has stated that after acquiring Deadpool, his movies will still be Rated-R. I think if they allow one other R property it'll be Blade.

Pretty sure Deadpool won’t be part of the MCU though.

Like maybe they could pop up in his films because he breaks the 4th wall and all, but the Ryan Reynolds as himself also appears in those movies lol

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 08:24 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

I second that. Been wanting them to find a way to get Moon Knight into the MCU for years - I thought it might happen in their Netflix corner. But if Shang Chi can get onto the big screen, then Marvel's crazy Batman can too!

And I want him to say the line "I'm the goddamn Moon Knight!" stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 27th, 2019 06:26 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote