KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix: Resurrections

The Matrix: Resurrections
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
It was all just another matrix? Oooooo

no expression I said without insulting the original trilogy. cool

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Sep 5th, 2019 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2019 12:28 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Lol. I hope that's not what they do.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2019 02:05 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I can see with Neo still being jacked into the Matrix through the Machine City maybe the machines do some reloading and resurrect Neo somehow out of reverence. But then Keanu Reeves is still 20 years older, so how do you account for that (though he has aged pretty well)? And how you resurrect Trinity, that seems much more difficult unless just through flashbacks, visions, saved Matrix avatar, etc.

This is all very baffling, so it will be interesting to see what they do, to say the least.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2019 12:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Matrix comics to be collected in a single hardcover!

https://www.superherohype.com/comic...lchiqlbrmRJJxaA

didn't even knew that there were Matrix comics.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 12:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I had totally forgotten about the comics. I never read them.

Some of these I knew about, others I didn't. Fun watch...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2019 04:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Kazenji
didn't even knew that there were Matrix comics.

Neither did I.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 12:32 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I'm not personally interested in another Matrix, especially after falling asleep through the last one.

But the hype is real...some cinemas here are re-screening all 3 movies.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 04:24 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

IT BEARS REPEATING:

How the fu#k do you resurrect both Neo and Trinity for a 4th film??!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 12:54 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

You don't resurrect them. You do what the Star Wars, Marvel, and James Bond franchises are doing: you gender/race switch them into *new, improved* versions of what they represent.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 01:40 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Mindship
You don't resurrect them. You do what the Star Wars, Marvel, and James Bond franchises are doing: you gender/race switch them into *new, improved* versions of what they represent.

Black androgynous bi-curious Neo and Trinity. smile thumb up

But this time Trinity is the Chosen One.

And the movie flops. eek!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 02:16 PM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

But in all seriousness.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 02:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
IT BEARS REPEATING:

How the fu#k do you resurrect both Neo and Trinity for a 4th film??!

Well they already did with Neo, Don't you remember the Architect from the 2nd movie going on about the other versions that have tried.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 01:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well they already did with Neo, Don't you remember the Architect from the 2nd movie going on about the other versions that have tried.

Yeah, but my assumption was that the previous versions didn't look like Keanu Reeves. They were just the same (or similar) program loaded into other "Ones." But yeah, bringing back Keanu is somewhat simple enough. But Trinity??! SHE DEAD.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 12:39 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The Wachowski Bros kinda suck, barring the first Matrix they've barely made anything watchable, let alone good. The first one was probably pure luck.

The Wachowskis made Bound. That was good. At least the 2nd half.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 01:40 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, Bound is great.

The way I remember it, they made that film for like $5 million just to prove that they could make a movie before the studio would give them $65 million (or so) to make The Matrix.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 02:09 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Also they adapted the script for V For Vendetta, which is great.

And in the defense of Jupiter Ascending, it featured some nice worldbuilding, but it definitely is for dedicated sci-fi fans only, so it was doomed to fail from the get-go. I appreciated it more after watching some of the special features and behind the scenes stuff. Plus it has some great visuals. I still enjoy it. But yeah, the Wachowskis are apparently skilled at casting mediocre lead actors/actresses (Mila Kunis is not good and of course Keanu Reeves isn't known for his acting range), heh... and Eddie Redmayne is cringe-worthy in it, but it's over the top and part of the cheesy charm in a way.. heh.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 02:22 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mindship

You joke but this is what the Wachowskis are doing these days.

They turned Sense8, which had an amazing premise, into nothing but a cringey social justice warrior preachy movie. It felt every bit as terrible as those Christian family preachy movies. I couldn't even make it all the way through season 2. Just gave up. And I'm obsessed with completing stories I started.

So, yeah, they will probably get preachy and through in some diversity bullshit into the new Matrix movie.

Regardless...I love the Wachowskis for bringing me the Matrix Trilogy. Still in my top 25 movie list.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 04:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Also they adapted the script for V For Vendetta, which is great.

And in the defense of Jupiter Ascending, it featured some nice worldbuilding, but it definitely is for dedicated sci-fi fans only, so it was doomed to fail from the get-go. I appreciated it more after watching some of the special features and behind the scenes stuff. Plus it has some great visuals. I still enjoy it. But yeah, the Wachowskis are apparently skilled at casting mediocre lead actors/actresses (Mila Kunis is not good and of course Keanu Reeves isn't known for his acting range), heh... and Eddie Redmayne is cringe-worthy in it, but it's over the top and part of the cheesy charm in a way.. heh.

I liked the movie and I don't know why people hate it. All the things people complain about, I liked and didn't find them to be problems.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 04:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Feel the same, the first film was good, something overall new and exciting, the scene where Neo learns the reality of what human existence is for himself and the rest was so good the first time seeing it.

The sequels had entertainment value, but were not on par story wise.

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there.
Me three

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 04:11 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Feel the same, the first film was good, something overall new and exciting, the scene where Neo learns the reality of what human existence is for himself and the rest was so good the first time seeing it.

The sequels had entertainment value, but were not on par story wise.

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there.

Most people hold this opinion but I think Revolutions was the best with The Matrix second and Reloaded as 3. But I loved all 3.

The best story was in Reloaded. A genuine mind f*ck didn't really hit until the second one when The Architect reveals that The One is a recurring theme for Zion. The "souls in a simulation" thing had been done already and in many ways. The "humans as food" story trope is older than cinema.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 06:57 PM