KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Your favorite episodes from each series?

Your favorite episodes from each series?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your favorite episodes from each series?

List some of your favorite episodes from the various Star Trek series.

The first I'll name is from my least liked series: Voyager. The episode: Latent Image. This is a great episode centering on The Doctor. He discovers memory issues and later learns his memory was erased because he had a psychotic break after being put in a situation where he had to choose which of two patients he'd save and which he'd let die. This is a great episode and seeing the doctor try to come to grips with what happened makes for one of the best trek episodes.

The other episode I'll talk about for now is "The Measure of a Man". This is the ep of TNG where a guy from Starfleet wants to dismantle Data and Picard argues in favor of him being given the same rights as humans. A great episode.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2019 10:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The Sound of Her Voice"-Deep Space Nine. That ending is like a punch in the gut.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 09:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Every episode of the original series.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 08:54 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude no there were some super bad eps. That ep where they fight giants? No. No.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 11:26 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Dude no there were some super bad eps. That ep where they fight giants? No. No.
I actually quite enjoyed that one.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2019 11:58 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Original Series, for me, veers from being some of the best television I've ever seen, to some of the worst.

That said:

TOS - Space Seed. Not just because of Khan either. It's a damn good episode.

I'm also a fan of Balance of Terror and The Doomsday Machine, among others.

TNG - Chain of Command is my favourite bar none, even if on subsequent watches Riker looks more and more like a dick. Not that Jellico was right, mind you, but he wasn't totally wrong either. And David Warner ****ing kills it as Madred. I also think it's Stewart's best performance in the series.

I like episodes from every series, but I'm particularly fond of The Offspring, Yesterday's Enterprise, The Drumhead, Measure of A Man, Q Who.

DS9 - In The Pale Moonlight. It's not just dark. It's believably dark. Sisko and Garak are amazing, and it's a massive turning point in what was a brilliant arc.

As it's my favourite show, DS9 is going to have most of my favourite episodes, so really, I like most of them. Special mention goes to Sacrifice of Angels though, purely for the spectacle of it all.

VOY - Scorpion, probably. It's one of Chakotay's best episodes, and is the introduction of Seven, who to be fair is one of the best characters in the series. I like Message in a Bottle too. Andy Dick might be a **** IRL, but he plays the role of a more annoying EMH perfectly. Worst Case Scenario starts off as one of my favourite episodes but falls apart once the malfunction happens, I feel.

ENT - The Expanse. Just a great episode from top to bottom, and set the tone for a really solid-to-great season of Star Trek.

I like most of seasons three and four, but anything with Shran in it gets my vote.

DIS - As poor as I feel the show has been, there have been some good moments. Pike especially carried a lot of episodes from mediocrity to a point of actually being somewhat enjoyable. I am hoping the show grows its beard in the third season, though.

==

I tend to like a lot of the screwy, one-off episodes. Anything with parallel universes is good with me. And episodes like Genesis in TNG (the one where they all devolve and Worf tries to eat everyone).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 01:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The following series' faves win by a hair:

TOS - The Doomsday Machine.
Next Gen - Q who.

I never got into Deep Space Nine or Enterprise, so can't say about those.
Voyager ... have to get back to you on that. I didn't get into the show first run, but I've rediscovered it in syndication, and I like it even better than Next Gen. But I'm not that familiar with it, yet, to name a favorite episode, though I can say candidates involve 7 of 9, and The Doctor, my two favorite Voyager characters.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 29th, 2019 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2019 08:59 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly I had to watch Next gen before I could appreciate anything about DS9 or Voyager.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 09:43 PM
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

quote:
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Every episode of the original series.
Yup I can say that also smile

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 09:41 PM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The only series i’ve Watched enough to have favorite eps of us the original series.
The Gorn, Space Seed, The Tribbles, The Cage, Last Battlefield, all come to mind...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 02:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote