KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Jurassic World Dominion

Jurassic World Dominion
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna see on friday or saturday

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 09:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'm going Saturday.

Reviews are not good, it's already at 40%

I still plan to make up my own mind.

I even eventually grew to like Fallen Kingdom okay, heh.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 09:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

i usually go with Joblo.com for movie reviews and the reviewer over there gave this a 5/10

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 05:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm going Saturday.

Reviews are not good, it's already at 40%

I still plan to make up my own mind.

I even eventually grew to like Fallen Kingdom okay, heh.

^^^As Chris Pratt himself knows, you just gotta give it time…:

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)[/center]

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 10:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, this is getting terrible critic reviews.

But I suspect it'll play better for audiences and fans. I hope.

Because even amongst the critics I'm hearing totally opposite opinions, like they watched different movies.

We shall see.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 01:41 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I already thought it looked pretty overboard with the escaping with their lives.

Doesnt mean it wont be fun as hell though.

Btw the last one has a 48% on RT.

And First Jurassic World has a 71, so thats the best we could get from critics (assuming this wont be better than the first JW).

Edit: just seen this one has a 37… Ouch.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 05:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I already thought it looked pretty overboard with the escaping with their lives.

Doesnt mean it wont be fun as hell though.

Btw the last one has a 48% on RT.

And First Jurassic World has a 71, so thats the best we could get from critics (assuming this wont be better than the first JW).

Edit: just seen this one has a 37… Ouch.

The ironic thing is that on the critic concensus for Dominion it says it's an improvement over Fallen Kingdom, but the RT score is already way lower. Heh.

I don't even know how it looks. I've avoided all trailers.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 08:38 PM
Darth Thor

Godzilla King of the Monsters was pretty good and that has a 42 on RT. So these arent the sort of films to rely on critic reviews tbh.

But will see how it is next week.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 09:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Godzilla King of the Monsters was pretty good and that has a 42 on RT. So these arent the sort of films to rely on critic reviews tbh.

But will see how it is next week.

Fair enough. I didn't particularly care for that Godzilla film, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was AWFUL. I think I actually preferred the one that killed off Bryan Cranston way too early (Kong Skull Island was my favorite by far of those sorts of films, though. That movie rocks). I know that's a somewhat controversial opinion, but your point is taken...

I definitely am not putting a lot of stock in critic reviews for this.

Will make up my own mind.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 10:14 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

The movie was lifeless and a waste of the OG trio; bad plots absolutely nonsensical choices to push the story along that actually take you out of the film and above all else not capitalizing on the most interesting story you could've told here... such a waste 3/10

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 04:02 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, this is getting terrible critic reviews.

But I suspect it'll play better for audiences and fans. I hope.

Because even amongst the critics I'm hearing totally opposite opinions, like they watched different movies.

We shall see.

You should always judge for yourself

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 08:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I watched this movie with my wife on Friday.

The plot could shine as a Rated R THRILLER but the director went out of his way to make it PG-13 compliant which killed its charm and development. The tension and drama is unnecessarily toned down.

The Giganotosaurus part had the potential to be a very thrilling story arc of its own but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it does not gets much screen time and the good guys have plot armor regardless.

The ending is wishful thinking in itself.

I was expecting much better from Colin Trevorrow but he missed the mark on this one.

I am not surprised though: Colin's short story (Battle at Big Rock) is also underwhelming. In view of this short story, I felt that Colin might botch the main movie as well, after a fairly decent buildup, and he did.

This is how I rate Jurassic World movies:

Jurassic World = 7 / 10
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom = 5 / 10
Jurassic World Dominion = 4 / 10

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 10th, 2022 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 10:33 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

The movie does have it share of impressive action sequences, and dino depictions.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Therizinosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Dimetrodon, and a big Raptor with feathers, are visually well done and depicted. Credit where due.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 10:57 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

There's a Dimetradon? Not a dinosaur but one of my favorite creatures.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2022 12:52 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would; definitely better than Fallen Kingdom imo. The first JW I didn't think as much of as time went on, so for now I may actually like Dominion more than it too, but will have to see how it ages for me.

The original cast were used more than I thought with that said. Was expecting just a cameo from them at best, but they had almost as much screen time as Pratt it felt like. Nostalgia for the characters made me enjoy their callbacks and even their occasional one liners.

Oh, and yeah, the dinosaurs and action scenes were still as entertaining as I'd expect, considering.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 11th, 2022 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2022 10:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just git back from seeing this.. its an fairly decent okay film.. NOT ENOUGH DINOSAUR KILLINGS WHICH MADE ME UPSET. Glad the OG cast returned and survived. i loved the dinos though.. can't recommend unless you like chis pratt..igive this a solid 5/10

Old Post Jun 11th, 2022 11:13 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched, enjoyed. More thoughts later, but overall liked.

Some killer dinosaurs, and fun sequences.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Therizinosaurus for the win!! That made me so happy, one of my favorite dinosaurs. So I suspect Colin Trevorrow is a big fan, too.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 03:00 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would; definitely better than Fallen Kingdom imo. The first JW I didn't think as much of as time went on, so for now I may actually like Dominion more than it too, but will have to see how it ages for me.

The original cast were used more than I thought with that said. Was expecting just a cameo from them at best, but they had almost as much screen time as Pratt it felt like. Nostalgia for the characters made me enjoy their callbacks and even their occasional one liners.

Oh, and yeah, the dinosaurs and action scenes were still as entertaining as I'd expect, considering.

I think I can see why Colin was excited to make this movie because he was clearly bringing in influences from Indiana Jones/James Bond as well as nostalgia from the first film. To me it still worked pretty well, but I can see how a lot of critics might have found it disjointed or something. While it does seem a bit different, I thought it was pretty fun and I think it will grow on me with more viewings.

To me the film was better when it wasn't relying on nostalgic callbacks, but fortunately I don't think it was quite as cheesy or heavy-handed as say Ghostbusters Afterlife which almost entirely relied on callbacks and nostalgia. Plus I think some of the callbacks and original cast sequences provided a bookending to the series. So I can forgive it. I still would have liked to see the Biosin exec guy [SPOILER - highlight to read]: die more creatively instead of with a callback to the original spitters and Barbosal cannister. But dear god, there are some killer new dinosaur sequences in this. Glad i didn't watch any trailers. The dinosaur animation is pretty amazing...

Although, a nitpick, but was it just me or was Blue's baby animation strangely choppy and... off?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 12:23 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up

As for Blue's baby Beta? Yeah, kinda was. Still cute though.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 08:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Glad it wasn't just me.

Okay, time for a bit of a rant. And Ghostbusters Afterlife is my go-to rant. That movie was nostalgia, rehash, corporate marketing overload with a premise that is basically a blank slate for creativity. The Jurassic Park/World franchise is different. There's only so much you can do with it. So I have to say fu#k the critics on this one. Ghostbusters Afterlife has a fresh score (63%) on RT, but Jurassic World: Dominion is at like 30%. That's ridiculous. Maybe if JW:D was non-stop nostalgia and corporate product placement from start to finish it would have gotten better reviews?

Fu#k the critics on this one.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jun 13th, 2022 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2022 12:06 AM