KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Rugby World Cup in Japan

Rugby World Cup in Japan
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rugby World Cup in Japan

England and France go through!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 12:58 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hopefully the typhoon passes without too much trouble.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 10:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Wales are also through..

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 11:10 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Agreed, I am please Ireland secured a quarter final spot. The Samoa game was a whitewash.
Originally posted by -Pr-
and yes Walshy they did, I am also pleased they are in the next round.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 09:42 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well NZ next... big ask but...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 09:23 PM
ShoutMan

South Africa or England won the Rugby world cup. Real men's sport

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:40 PM
ShoutMan is currently offline Click here to Send ShoutMan a Private Message Find more posts by ShoutMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

**** me, we just beat New Zealand for the final.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 01:46 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who will we face in the final, who knows. Hopefully Wales will stel up, big ask tbh.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 08:31 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

A Wales England final would be amazing.. If we win of course otherwise it would suck but yeah South Africa are good and honestly if France didn't have a red card they might have beat Wales

Aaron Wainwright took that elbow like a champ though

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 09:30 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by walshy
A Wales England final would be amazing.. If we win of course otherwise it would suck but yeah South Africa are good and honestly if France didn't have a red card they might have beat Wales

Aaron Wainwright took that elbow like a champ though
A Wales Vs England final would be the greatest ever final in the world cup imho.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 09:28 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

England Vs South Africa final

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 01:29 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

An England vs RSA Rugby World Cup final... That's going to be a drunk-ass crowd. Whoever is selling the beer has a huge smile right now.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2019 02:16 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
An England vs RSA Rugby World Cup final... That's going to be a drunk-ass crowd. Whoever is selling the beer has a huge smile right now.
No doubt, the welsh like a drink too so it was a win win once England qualified.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2019 03:23 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

sad

Old Post Oct 28th, 2019 11:09 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by walshy
sad
it was a great performance Walshy. Just shows what Southern hemisphere coaches and northern players combined can do.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 11:24 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

They faced tough opponents. The Springboks usually perform well in World Cup tournaments (the complete opposite of our Cricket team *sigh*). In the 6 other cups since rejoining international competition, it's never been lower than the quarter finals, with 2 wins and 2 3rd places, IIRC.

Wales made a good fight of it though. I don't think the points gap was ever more than 3 at any given time (or if it was, not for very long).

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 29th, 2019 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 05:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

They faced tough opponents. The Springboks usually perform well in World Cup tournaments (the complete opposite of our Cricket team *sigh*). In the 6 other cups since rejoining international competition, it's never been lower than the quarter finals, with 2 wins and 2 3rd places, IIRC.

Wales made a good fight of it though. I don't think the points gap was ever more than 3 at any given time (or if it was, not for very long).
Ahh, you are in South Africa. Yes, you do. That said, you have declined somewhat since being allowed back on the World stage and the first world cup win. Before the Apartheid ban you were very dominant. Then of course, you guys managed to negate Lomu, when nobody else could. I think, and I will eat crow if you win the limitation of South African rugby is 1 quota's and two the old fashioned forward mentality.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 11:56 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Our general form hasn't been that consistent for the last 2 decades or so, but we do still tend to excel in tournaments. But a dip in form was to be expected with the transformation process and the growing pains that come along with it though. Our talent pool hasn't depleted. But the infrastructure to draw it out has deteriorated a bit (but that has more to do with missing funds due to government corruption, which is a whole other can of worms I am not getting into right now).

Unfortunately, there is a lot of unnecessary politics behind the scenes of our sports, in general, and it has driven many talented players, coaches and other support staff overseas. I am happy to say that the average RSA citizen cares little for that crap though and most of us are united behind the team as South Africans.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 01:00 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Our general form hasn't been that consistent for the last 2 decades or so, but we do still tend to excel in tournaments. But a dip in form was to be expected with the transformation process and the growing pains that come along with it though. Our talent pool hasn't depleted. But the infrastructure to draw it out has deteriorated a bit (but that has more to do with missing funds due to government corruption, which is a whole other can of worms I am not getting into right now).

Unfortunately, there is a lot of unnecessary politics behind the scenes of our sports, in general, and it has driven many talented players, coaches and other support staff overseas. I am happy to say that the average RSA citizen cares little for that crap though and most of us are united behind the team as South Africans.
I've been to SA a few times, I live in Lagos a lot of the year for work. I like the place, when I was playing myself, I spent some time in the free state as a foreign player. The ball travels so far at altitude in your place lol.

Quotas trigger many South Africans I know. I personally get the need for them but I can see why they are disliked.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 01:41 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Quotas are a part of it (and even there, it's more to do with the manner of application than the concept itself for most people), but not the whole picture. There is a general issue with mentality at the moment. To give a recent example, after the RSA Cricket team's fairly dismal display at that World Cup, the Minister of Sport came out and made excuses, saying something along the lines of that we weren't there to win, just to compete. And that actually triggered a ton of people, including myself. Our team should be competing to win. Not going to tournaments for an attendance badge. And, obviously, athletes want to win. Coaches want winning teams. Sponsors want to back winners. So, that drives all of them away as well.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 30th, 2019 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 02:32 PM