KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Rugby World Cup in Japan

Rugby World Cup in Japan
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Quotas are a part of it (and even there, it's more to do with the manner of application than the concept itself for most people), but not the whole picture. There is a general issue with mentality at the moment. To give a recent example, after the RSA Cricket team's fairly dismal display at that World Cup, the Minister of Sport came out and made excuses, saying something along the lines of that we weren't there to win, just to compete. And that actually triggered a ton of people, including myself. Our team should be competing to win. Not going to tournaments for an attendance badge. And, obviously, athletes want to win. Coaches want winning teams. Sponsors want to back winners. So, that drives all of them away as well.
A lot of weird shit going on in South Africa at the moment, the xenophobic business attacks on foreigners etc. Let's hope it sorts itself. I quite like the place.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 07:08 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Putinbot1
A lot of weird shit going on in South Africa at the moment, the xenophobic business attacks on foreigners etc. Let's hope it sorts itself. I quite like the place.

The country is dealing with a number of rather serious issues. Don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to go too far off topic, but let's just say it's been a rough couple of years here. So, the country kinda needs a win, which is why I think so many people have actually rallied behind the Springboks now.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 07:02 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The country is dealing with a number of rather serious issues. Don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to go too far off topic, but let's just say it's been a rough couple of years here. So, the country kinda needs a win, which is why I think so many people have actually rallied behind the Springboks now.
Yeah, let's expand that it's been a shit ten years for the world. I think with all the political shenanigans in SA and the UK a lot of people are rapid for a win. It's obviously not our main sport as it is yours for the white populace. Football is our first sport for everyone as you know. But, more people play Rugby in the UK than anywhere else which is ironic.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 10:35 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, let's expand that it's been a shit ten years for the world. I think with all the political shenanigans in SA and the UK a lot of people are rapid for a win. It's obviously not our main sport as it is yours for the white populace. Football is our first sport for everyone as you know. But, more people play Rugby in the UK than anywhere else which is ironic.

Lol only the true masochists in this country still genuinely follow our national football team. It's too painful for the rest of us, because that's just completely gone off the rails. I think our FIFA ranking isn't even close to the top 50 at this point. You might find it amusing to know that a lot of the big football enthusiasts here, from a wide range of backgrounds, choose to follow things like the English Premier League instead.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 11:33 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol only the true masochists in this country still genuinely follow our national football team. It's too painful for the rest of us, because that's just completely gone off the rails. I think our FIFA ranking isn't even close to the top 50 at this point. You might find it amusing to know that a lot of the big football enthusiasts here, from a wide range of backgrounds, choose to follow things like the English Premier League instead.
Oh, I know, all across the world people follow the premiership and in the UK we follow our local clubs.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 11:55 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Teams are coming out

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 08:56 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well the only Brit holding a bottle of champers today will be a waiter. Well done bokkers.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 12:52 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Good game. I think that first half was the decider (even though we did a lot of the scoring in the second half). Those first 40 minutes were hard work. And once one team took the initiative into half-time after that, it was always going to be difficult for the other side to mount a comeback.

It's funny though. 1995. 2007. 2019. Guess I can expect our next one in 2031? laughing

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 05:30 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

**** knows what happened to our scrum. Taking nothing away from your boys.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 07:43 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Still makes me laugh: All Blacks spanking the Boks, English spanking the All Blacks and the the Boks spanking the English.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 06:24 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Still makes me laugh: All Blacks spanking the Boks, English spanking the All Blacks and the the Boks spanking the English.
I am still smiling a false smile through gritted teeth. laughing

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 12:12 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

The Brits lose at everything.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2019 11:20 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote