KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man vs Balder the Brave

Spider-Man vs Balder the Brave
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lawest9
Ah............he didn't mention that.
lol

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 04:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ah............he didn't mention that.

Celey is making shit up, as usual.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 04:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Balder is stronger on paper such as the marvel handbooks and internet wiki's, he is a Class 50 to Peter's Class 10-25, but I guess it is feats that count, but tell me........
what is Parker's highest strength fest unamped?

I thought Balder was put at Class 35, 40 tops. That he was above average Asgardian, but not that much beyond, and average Asgardian is class 30 for men. Although him fighting Thor decently should have him higher, but Sif has too so **** if I know.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 06:36 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Delta1938
I thought Balder was put at Class 35, 40 tops. That he was above average Asgardian, but not that much beyond, and average Asgardian is class 30 for men. Although him fighting Thor decently should have him higher, but Sif has too so **** if I know.

All those numbers mean nothing if they aren't backed by comics themselves.

But if you really insist on discussing handbooks, then you should be informed that Lawest is correct.

Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica handbook clearly states that Balder's strength is enhanced (surpassing Asgardian standards) and enables him to lift about 50 tons.

I can post the scan if you want.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 06:58 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
All those numbers mean nothing if they aren't backed by comics themselves.

But if you really insist on discussing handbooks, then you should be informed that Lawest is correct.

Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica handbook clearly states that Balder's strength is enhanced (surpassing Asgardian standards) and enables him to lift about 50 tons.

I can post the scan if you want.

I know comics>Handbooks. laughing I only go by them for corroboration or if there's little to go on. I don't know if Balder actually has anything other than fights, and few appearances. I know both him and Sif have fought Thor, and what I've seen they should be higher than the Handbooks say(but I'm going off only one or two fights for each, haven't seen that much).

As for 50 tons, I could be remembering wrong or the official numbers have changed. You can post if you want, but not a big deal.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 07:28 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Everyone has fought Thor. From normal strength dudes to the ones far stronger than him.

Unless they arm-wrestle, grapple, bearhug or whatever, even fights themselves don't mean much; not nearly enough to properly assess one's strength level.

Yeah, bios change a lot, the best example is Cap who's been 7/7 in fighting skill for decades, before Marvel decided to downgrade him to 6/7.

Anyway, here's Baldie:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 07:34 AM
SamZED

Some of the feats Stilt mentioned and few others:

Breaks Ock's carbonadium tentacles:

Aftershock from a punch:

Punches a Venom so hard he digs a pretty long trench with his face and sends cars flying:

Lands a plane on his shoulders:

Also, there are feats of him swinging a mini-tank with a web-line that I don't have at the moment.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 16th, 2019 at 08:40 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 08:38 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Celey is making shit up, as usual.

Skience

laughing

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:47 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Wasn’t even aware of those scans
Christ Peter is a beast

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 01:17 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Skience

laughing

Magick.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 02:06 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
Some of the feats Stilt mentioned and few others:

Breaks Ock's carbonadium tentacles:

Aftershock from a punch:

Punches a Venom so hard he digs a pretty long trench with his face and sends cars flying:

Lands a plane on his shoulders:

Also, there are feats of him swinging a mini-tank with a web-line that I don't have at the moment.

People forget how strong Spidey really is. In a serious fight with Cap, he should punch THROUGH him.

He'd still lose a clash with the Iron Fist though. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 03:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're forgetting how durable Cap is.

You're forgetting about his armor which protected him from Ulik's bite, too.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 03:49 PM