KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs. Ikaris

Thor vs. Ikaris
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

There was also their second face off during the original Red Hulk arc, Thor did get a pretty conclusive win there also. And in either case you can scale off Simon since Thor has plenty of battles against him

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 04:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
There was also their second face off during the original Red Hulk arc, Thor did get a pretty conclusive win there also. And in either case you can scale off Simon since Thor has plenty of battles against him

Conclusive win? No, he only had the upper hand, then Hulk interrupted.

Not that it matters, as he had the fucking Odinforce then.

Same incarnation of Simon actually made a quick work of Thor in Avengers, so I disagree.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 05:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Thor learned from Magik.
It should be interesting to watch how his fighting style adapts to his other fights.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 11:35 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deft

Hulk appears and eat them.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 11:49 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by deft
Hulk appears and eat them.

The best post so far thumb up

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 04:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Bump in preparation.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 09:07 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Good to have you back, Martian mind.

Somebody needs to keep Bentley's trolling in check wink
I've always seen Bentley as more of a gaslighter than a troll tbh. smile

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 10:12 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Ikaris will do better than Thor did against Thanos

that's for damn sure

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 10:17 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Thor takes this.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2021 12:49 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by MrMind
Ikaris will do better than Thor did against Thanos

that's for damn sure
It's hard not to when Thanos essentially no-sold and two-shotted him. But still, I'd be surprised to see Ikaris do some damage to Thanos.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 09:46 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...tenOne01287.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...gottenOne02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...gottenOne03.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...gottenOne04.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...gottenOne05.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...gottenOne06.jpg

Hero basically one shot an entire squad of Eternals including Ilaris easily and Thor was his equal.

Thor *should* traditionally stomp. Hard. Hero (I.e the forgotten one), at his base was already stronger than Ikaris and relatively equal to Hercules (Stalemated him in the same story). That entire story line was Thor comics at some of their best. And one of those showings like B&T where he was way beyond his peers in strength, not just power.

Ikaris IIRC straight up admitted not wanting to challenge Classic Thor in combat.

Looking at stuff like this, Thor stock has fallen massively imo. Classic Thor was indisputably the most powerful hero, and Hulk was maybe the only one who could be stronger. And even then unlikely.

Hierarchies are so out of whack. How does Thing beat Hulk? Cosmics are always jobbed. I can’t believe Golden Prime was brought in to get shit on. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 27th, 2021 at 08:34 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2021 08:32 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I got convinced.

Ikaris stomps.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2021 08:44 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Bump.

Update* Ikaris did better against Thanos in the latest issue of The Eternals than pre Sky Father Thor ever did. Since it isn't really fair to give the win based on one showing alone, I was however forced to call this a draw. Ikaris' stock has risen. He should definitely be counted among the High Herald tier.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:24 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Then Prime Eternal Ikaris is a good deal above that, skyfather level?

Which makes Apocalypse a skyfather-buster?

Thank you, Stoic. My boy Nur has never looked better thumb up

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:29 PM
Stoic
Avenger

The Eternals seems to be shaping up to be a good read so far. I'm hoping that it continues to be entertaining. You should check out the latest issue Stilt.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:33 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

^You’re mixing and matching performances from across decades and different writers.

Also, it’s implied Thanos killed Zuras. So PE Ikaris might not fare much better.

I like that Ikaris getting love but this isn’t a new character. It’s just been a decade since they have had a comic, so I guess people are excited.

Originally posted by Stoic
Bump.

Update* Ikaris did better against Thanos in the latest issue of The Eternals than pre Sky Father Thor ever did. Since it isn't really fair to give the win based on one showing alone, I was however forced to call this a draw. Ikaris' stock has risen. He should definitely be counted among the High Herald tier.

Thor has had multiple fights with Thanos over the years. Some of those moments, like during IG or against the Thanosi, are much more impressive IMO. Some he does worse, like during the Beyonder arc, but he still held out much longer than anyone else (Hulk was slapped away, Binary was one-shot etc).

Also, it’s kind of odd to bump Ikaris up an entire tier off of one fight. Thor and Loki under Gillen (The same writer) were very powerful.

They had much more impressive showings then surviving a Thanos encounter.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:38 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote:
^You’re mixing and matching performances from across decades and different writers.

Welcome to KMC forums, junior member. That's what we do.

You should check out the latest issue Stilt.

Already did.

Honestly, as others have mentioned several times already, Thanos already looked bad at the end of issue 1, so safe to say he wasn't at 100%.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:46 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Also, it’s implied Thanos killed Zuras. So PE Ikaris might not fare much better.

I like that Ikaris getting love but this isn’t a new character. It’s just been a decade since they have had a comic, so I guess people are excited.

Thor has had multiple fights with Thanos over the years. Some of those moments, like during IG or against the Thanosi, are much more impressive IMO. Some he does worse, like during the Beyonder arc, but he still held out much longer than anyone else (Hulk was slapped away, Binary was one-shot etc).

Also, it’s kind of odd to bump Ikaris up an entire tier off of one fight. Thor and Loki under Gillen (The same writer) were very powerful.

They had much more impressive showings then surviving a Thanos encounter.

There are at least half a dozen Mid Heralds that should be bumped up to High Herald. Ikaris IMHO is one of them. Unless it was simply for storytelling, no Mid Herald should ever give survive a prolonged physical confontation with Thanos, let alone give him a decent fight. Have you read the latest issue of The Eternals Rage? If not, give it a gander.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:51 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Couldn't edit last post. Whatever.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

There are at least half a dozen Mid Heralds that should be bumped up to High Herald.

KMC tiers haven't been properly discussed in years. And even if they weren't obsolute, they would be still biased, as they are nothing more than opinions of our posters (and kmc doesn't have much traffic).

Why they suddenly matter to you?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 06:55 PM