KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars (comic series)

Star Wars (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Hopefully she just wasn't able to find any other survivors and went into exile.

But on the same note, Verla was still able to communicate with Luke from across the galaxy... So if she has that kind of power, I don't know why she wouldn't have been able to make contact with other Jedi..? /shrug
thumb up I'd rather not have them use any other pt Jedi in this. At least right now.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

So it's Verla huh?

Interesting. Should have guessed that Soule would include characters he's teased in previous stories.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

laughing out loud

R2 is the MVP of the whole series. He's saved pretty much every hero in the saga.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Well I guess it’s confirmed Verla wasn’t trained by Vos

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Still pretty impressive that she managed to evade Vader and the Inquisitors for so long, considering they were actively hunting her.

and if she never got any training after Barr, I'm curious how she was able to communicate with Luke through the force?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 07:28 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Any news from this comic series? The new issue is already out, isn’t it?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 09:24 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

New issue came out today. Luke and Verla parted on good terms, after she told Luke where to find an old High Republic Jedi outpost.

Luke found a lightsaber there, as well as a trap laid by Vader. The Grand Inquisitor, as a flaming revenant, attacked Luke. Luke defeated the shade of the dead Inquisitor before returning to join up with the Rebels and try to renew their dwindling hope.

We also get a scene of Vader talking to the Grand Inquisitor, where the Inquisitor mentions how powerful Luke was and Vader basically tells the Inquisitor that his punishment is to remain. The Grand Inquisitor fades away while echoing his last words to Kanan.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 09:24 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Is the Inquisitor’s shade identical in power to his living self?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 02:25 PM
Underachiever59

Nothing in the comic states or implies that the Grand Inquisitor is weaker or less skilled. The way I see it, Vader basically restored the GI to how he was at the time of his death and is perpetually keeping him in that state (really cool Sith sorcery feat for Vader, btw. Matches with Vader's obsession with overcoming death).

So, if my theory is correct, Luke bested a fully capable revenant of the Grand Inquisitor, giving Luke a pretty decent scaling chain to fit into the Pre-ANH era. It is worth pointing out that Luke didn't stomp him. The GI caught Luke off guard with the secondary blade of his lightsaber, and also landed a kick towards the end of the fight. But then Luke immediately slapped him down with a Force push and cut off the Inquisitor's hand. And before the Inquisitor used his second blade, Luke seemed to have the edge in the duel (despite the Inquisitor mocking Luke's poor form).

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

That’s a good feat indeed

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 03:46 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Any news from this series?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2020 09:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nothing noteworthy in the last issue.

It's set retroactively, sometime pre-ANH.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A rare mention of Thrawn outside of Rebels:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 12:50 PM
Darthadi

Vader having a chat with Palps right after Bespin doesn't make any sense continuity wise. We know from Vader#1 that he went on his personal mission imediatly after ESB.

Last edited by Darthadi on Nov 6th, 2020 at 01:15 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it's strange. Soule and Pak need to get on the same page.

DV #1 tells us that Vader basically went AWOL right after the events of ESB, and had no communication with Palpatine.

But this issue [also] seems to have taken place right after ESB, and we see Vader having a convo with Palpatine in person. Doesn't make sense.

At first I assumed it took place just after the battle of Hoth(which would still fit with the timeline), but the opening text box says "After Cloud City", which muddies the waters quite a bit.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 7th, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 12:28 PM
Underachiever59

I'm under the assumption that the Darth Vader comic by Pak takes place within the first few days after ESB, while the Star Wars comic by Soule has more time between events. By the time Luke has his lightsaber and fights the Grand Inquisitor, the events of Pak's Darth Vader comic are probably already wrapped up.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:21 AM
Darthadi

I don't think so. In Star Wars #5 Vader kills a guy who pretented to be Luke and then tells his troopers that he has some business on Vendaxa (the planet where he meets Sabe).

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I'm under the assumption that the Darth Vader comic by Pak takes place within the first few days after ESB, while the Star Wars comic by Soule has more time between events. By the time Luke has his lightsaber and fights the Grand Inquisitor, the events of Pak's Darth Vader comic are probably already wrapped up.
What muddles things in SW #8 is the text box that says "After Cloud City", along with Vader's dialogue regarding the recent battle of Hoth. Imo, this implies that the issue is set right after ESB.

As mentioned above, that doesn't fit with the plot of DV #1, as immediately after the events of Cloud City/ESB, Vader went off the grid and ceased all correspondence with Palpatine to go on his own personal mission.

Take the "After Cloud City" blurb out of the equation, however, and it would fit just fine, as there was time between the battle of Hoth and the conclusion of ESB(wherein Vader could have certainly met with Palpatine.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 9th, 2020 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 12:51 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I’m sure they’ll fix it eventually

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 06:44 PM