KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Video Games of the Decade

Best Video Games of the Decade
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Hm, I'll have to get around to playing the console version.

I'm sure the complaints about the 360 version of DA:O being trash as opposed to the PC version are exaggerated.

The story is still intact. The thing that mods offer is better graphics (obviously), and more combat options. It's already a pretty deep combat system, but the mods take it off a cliff to whole new levels.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 01:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Mass Effect 2, Witcher 3, Skyrim, Telltale's Walking Dead season 1, Last of Us, Bloodborne, Breath of the Wild.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 02:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Bloodborne.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 06:46 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
The story is still intact. The thing that mods offer is better graphics (obviously), and more combat options. It's already a pretty deep combat system, but the mods take it off a cliff to whole new levels.

Actually, I see the ultimate edition is 20 bucks on Gog.

I hear the combat is radically different from the Xbox 360 version, so I may just buy it there. I'd imagine system specs are no longer an issue for even a modest modern laptop.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 03:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
Actually, I see the ultimate edition is 20 bucks on Gog.

I hear the combat is radically different from the Xbox 360 version, so I may just buy it there. I'd imagine system specs are no longer an issue for even a modest modern laptop.

It was literally designed to run on single-core CPUs, so any kind of dedicated vram should be fine, yeah.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 03:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I don't actually play or follow DD, so since I saw "dark arisen" articles pop up in 2019, I assumed it was a new expansion.
It got released for the Switch in it's "Dark Arisen" state in 2019.

They keep re-releasing it claiming it's to "test how the game would sell before making a sequel", but everyone knows they're just trying to compete with Skyrim, it's super obvious.

It's even more annoying when you consider us Dogma fans have been waiting years for a sequel.

Also, Ik you like RPG's so I'm downright shocked you haven't played it.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 06:53 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

It says best but I assume it means favorite?

These are talking only the games I've played or beaten:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Final Fantasy: Dissidia Duodecim 012
Gladiator Begins
Minecraft
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Dark Souls (Never beat it, but I love it)
Grand Theft Auto V
Way Of The Samurai 4
Mount & Blade: Warband
Batman: Arkham City
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Haven't beaten it yet)
Dead Island
Dying Light
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Borderlands 2
DOOM (2016)
Fallout: New Vegas (Never beat but played the shit out of it)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
A Hat in Time
Sleeping Dogs
Undertale
Diablo III (Isn't the BEST Diablo game, but it belongs here)
SoulCalibur V (Say what you want about the story, but the gameplay was improved in just about every way possible, which is why I put it over IV)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Best game in the series, IMO)
God of War III
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Splatoon 2
Sunset Overdrive
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Mortal Kombat 9
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order
Metroid: Samus Returns
Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario Maker
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
TWD Season 1

I KNOW I'm missing some but meh, the list is long enough.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jan 7th, 2020 at 08:01 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 07:58 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Updated list:

Grand Theft Auto V
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption II
The Last of Us
Batman: Arkham City
Spider-Man (PS4)
Super Meat Boy
Portal 2
Dead Space 2
Super Mario Odyssey
God of War
Shovel Knight
Uncharted 4
The Walking Dead (Telltale)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Bioshock Infinite
South Park: The Stick of Truth

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 02:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I will give ten of my favourite of this generation:

Mass Effect 2 and 3
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us
GTAV
Alien: Isolation
Witcher 3
XCOM 2
Horizons: Zero Dawn
God of War 4
Crysis 2

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 03:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Overwatch is definitely on the list

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 03:25 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I haven't been a huge gamer for a number of years now, but in no particular order I'd say; New Vegas, Arkham, Skyrim, Witcher III and a special mention for The Last Of Us, which was IMO a game changer (pun intended).

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 03:52 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Dead Space 2 definitely makes it to the list as well.

It might not be as good as DS1 but I remember replaying the shit out of it for like 11 playthroughs back to back in 2012.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 05:11 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

When it first came out, I was totally on-board that Dead Space 2 was better than the first.

After replaying the entire series a few times....Dead Space is something special. Dead Space 2 is still amazing and the fantastic sequel. For a first game in a series, Dead Space knocked it out the damn park.

Ars Technica has an interesting Youtube series about developer stories and they had the creative director for Dead Space recount the development of it. They basically created a set of rules that game had to abide to and all the special things about this game are directly attributed to these rules. Also, the tentacle sequences were supposedly extremely tough to create and almost killed the game. But...the creative director through it was extremely important to have.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 06:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Dead Space, man that was a ****in game

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 08:57 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Smasandian
When it first came out, I was totally on-board that Dead Space 2 was better than the first.

After replaying the entire series a few times....Dead Space is something special. Dead Space 2 is still amazing and the fantastic sequel. For a first game in a series, Dead Space knocked it out the damn park.

Ars Technica has an interesting Youtube series about developer stories and they had the creative director for Dead Space recount the development of it. They basically created a set of rules that game had to abide to and all the special things about this game are directly attributed to these rules. Also, the tentacle sequences were supposedly extremely tough to create and almost killed the game. But...the creative director through it was extremely important to have.
I'm going to watch that.

And yeah, DS2 is still phucking good. It's to DS1 what Aliens was to the Eight Passenger.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 09:49 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It was. It's a game that I will be able to play for the a very long time.

Except for that stupid asteroid minigames.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 09:51 PM