KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")

Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ah. Okay.

Makes sense, they own everything, after all.

But whose decision it was to start a "Post-Crisis" era of Star Wars? Disney's and only Disney's?

You mean to get rid of the old EU from canon? That was probably Disneys decision so that they were not tied down to the EU. But their press release at the time stated the directors and authors of canon are free to draw from the old EU.

So theres nothing stopping them doing a canon KOTOR tv series, a Darth Bane trilogy or a Force Unleashed movie.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
You mean to get rid of the old EU from canon?

Yes.

That was probably Disneys decision so that they were not tied down to the EU.

That was what I thought at first, but some disagreed.

But their press release at the time stated the directors and authors of canon are free to draw from the old EU.

thumb up

So theres nothing stopping them doing a canon KOTOR tv series, a Darth Bane trilogy or a Force Unleashed movie.

Or anything else, yes.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 03:29 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

You mean to get rid of the old EU from canon? That was probably Disneys decision so that they were not tied down to the EU. But their press release at the time stated the directors and authors of canon are free to draw from the old EU.

They really didn't have to get rid of it.

They could have easily just had it be a separate Universe and if writers wanted to write a novel or comic or other thing about it, then they could do so. This would probably make them even more of a profit honestly, because they would have both sides.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's what they did. The old EU exists under the "legends" brand. Go to any book store that sells Star Wars material and 90% of it will be old EU rebranded as legends, still for sale.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's what they did. The old EU exists under the "legends" brand. Go to any book store that sells Star Wars material and 90% of it will be old EU rebranded as legends, still for sale.

Right, but I mean, not still having old material already done and just resold. They could have still continued it, not completely stop it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Right, but I mean, not still having old material already done and just resold. They could have still continued it, not completely stop it.

Pretty sure they did for a short while.

But yeah I still want a Force Unleashed 3.

But to be fair, I like the idea that everything they do is canon now. The old comics/novels never really mattered which I hated.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Pretty sure they did for a short while.

But yeah I still want a Force Unleashed 3.

Only Legends material I recall post 2014 is the Imperial Commander Handbook and the 108th Marvel comic which continued Valance's story.

...But yeesss....dangg it! I hate that cliffhanger with such a passion..

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 07:30 PM
Darth Thor

Wasnt the last KOTOR game post Disneys new canon policy?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 07:34 PM
Zenwolf

Wasnt the last KOTOR game post Disneys new canon policy?

You mean TOR? No that released back in 2011.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 08:11 PM
Darth Thor

^ Ah okay.

Yeah youre right they should have carried that stuff on. Keep the fans happy and stop guys like Lighter demanding everyone boycotts Disney Lol

Besides its only more source material for them to draw from for canon. Like the MCU didnt ask Marvel to stop printing comics lol

In fact the comics keeps on giving new material for the movies to use.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 08:56 PM
Araan Eligis

TOR continues to get updated.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Araan Eligis a Private Message Find more posts by Araan Eligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Araan Eligis
TOR continues to get updated.

Only cause BW's contract hasn't expired. Which I believe it ends in 2023.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 09:54 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Galan007
These are, as of now, unconfirmed rumors, so keep that in mind while reading. That being said, this is supposedly the premise of Project Luminous...

"Supposedly, Disney is also feeling that its current path with movies has flaws, and has, therefore, started designing a huge project years ago, which would result in making the future of the Star Wars franchise similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Our informant said that the new, connected multiplatform story will be set 300-400 years BEFORE the Skywalker-saga. The plot would involve a group of Jedi setting out to explore the Unknown Regions of the Galaxy (Timothy Zahn's Outbound Flight might come into mind, which also deals with the Jedi exploring what lies outside the edges of the Galaxy). According to our informant, the Jedi would get involved in numerous adventures and conflicts with three different types of enemies, the darkest being ancient evils, Sith gods of some sort.

As far as we know, these stories would be separate, but also connected, similar to the MCU. The more one would see, the more it could be enjoyed, with the different plots culminating in the style of the Avengers movies. The main Jedi characters would also have different strengths and powers, similar to superheroes.

Although Project Luminous is said to be launched in 2020, our informant said that its first product will be a video game in 2021, but could provide no information about its content and its developers."
So the Sith Gods and two additional types of enemies? I wonder if those will be the Chiss and Grysks? confused

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few little tidbits from Soule:

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

SOOO cool that they all meet so frequently to discuss the new characters and what not. thumb upthumb up

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

Wouldn't surprise me if they included a force dyad again - palpatine said it hadn't been seen for generations....

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 09:58 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Who knows how strong Ezra will be when Sabine and Ashoka eventually find him.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 10:20 PM
Darth Thor

^ That was meant for another thread.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 11:00 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by hutchy1345
Wouldn't surprise me if they included a force dyad again - palpatine said it hadn't been seen for generations....
Very possible. Might even be how they overcome the threats they face.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 12:31 AM
hutchy1345

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Very possible. Might even be how they overcome the threats they face.

Would be interesting to see the idea expanded - as long as the two jedi involved are interesting lol.
Although with this idea of "superheroes" it sounds more like there will be a team of force users as the main cast with each varying abilities, rather than two main force sensitives as a dyad. But who knows.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 05:16 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote