KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Polaris v Mera

Polaris v Mera
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't say anything that was wrong lol, even zop knew what i meant

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 06:37 AM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

But neither zop nor Supermutant said you were wrong. In fact, nobody said you were wrong, lol.

You seem hellbent on showing off your knowledge about how much water there is in a human body etc - but no one cares. No one disputes that Mera can suck all the moisture out.

All your posts add nothing to the 'debate' (I put it in quote marks because 'debate' implies you have a chance of changing your mind) because we all knew it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 07:18 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But neither zop nor Supermutant said you were wrong. In fact, nobody said you were wrong, lol.

You seem hellbent on showing off your knowledge about how much water there is in a human body etc - but no one cares. No one disputes that Mera can suck all the moisture out.

All your posts add nothing to the 'debate' (I put it in quote marks because 'debate' implies you have a chance of changing your mind) because we all knew it.

I'm only arguing against the "Polaris is capable" part though by mutant.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 11:53 AM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

In your mind then, it's completely unrealistic for Polaris to get a win even 5% of the time. Mutant was also supporting Zop's post, which said that IF Polaris managed to attack first, she could win.

Are you saying that even if Polaris managed to control Mera's iron, she would still lose?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 11:58 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

In your mind then, it's completely unrealistic for Polaris to get a win even 5% of the time. Mutant was also supporting Zop's post, which said that IF Polaris managed to attack first, she could win.

Are you saying that even if Polaris managed to control Mera's iron, she would still lose?

Okay but I just wanna know am I wrong when I say
Mera takes Water that's vastly more Lethal than Manipulating Iron in the blood. Like. am I wrong on that part?

Mera takes away Water by Thought and Polaris manipulates traces of Iron in the blood by thought, you think Iron>>water?
I hope you see where I'm coming from

Also based on this scan saint Polaris doesnt do this Easily towards people she cant see or beings that are fast and powerful:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 12:05 PM
DarkSaint85

At this level? It's like saying which is more lethal, being shot or blown up by a grenade.

Of course the grenade is more powerful, but a headshot can still kill.

And yes a gun is more difficult to use etc.... but it'll still kill.

However, NOBODY said grenades don't kill. And there's no point posting scan after scan and paragraphs after paragraphs of how powerful grenades are....we. Know.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 12:22 PM
Diesldude

If Polaris gets the first kill shot who wins?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 01:03 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

At this level? It's like saying which is more lethal, being shot or blown up by a grenade.

Of course the grenade is more powerful, but a headshot can still kill.

And yes a gun is more difficult to use etc.... but it'll still kill.

However, NOBODY said grenades don't kill. And there's no point posting scan after scan and paragraphs after paragraphs of how powerful grenades are....we. Know.

Saint, you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying nothing else works without (water) that's the most important part not traces of Iron.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 03:23 PM
Smurph
------

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 03:27 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Saint, you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying nothing else works without (water) that's the most important part not traces of Iron.

I'm not.

I understand what you're getting at.

I am saying it makes no difference. At this level, trace amounts are all that characters need to conduct attacks.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 08:32 PM
Supermutant

Originally posted by zopzop
I think what he's trying to say is, Polaris' control over metals affects a small portion of your overall makeup, while Mera's control over water is more significant because water comprises the majority of everything in your body.

In fact, Mera has legit superhuman stats and could probably resist long enough to get off a desiccation attack against Polaris even if Polaris went first. Polaris is just a squishy human being after all.

Just because one attack can affect more of the body than the other, doesn't mean the other attack can't cause significant harm and quickly.

Below Polaris reversed the blood flow of every powered person in attendance of her wedding to Havok. Knocking them all out instantly, and she probably could have killed them all. Last scan shows there was a bunch of people there, so you can just imagine how many mutants and powered people was in that number.

https://imgur.com/a/7Rg9jav

I doubt Mera's enhance stats would help her at all against this type of attack. I seem to remember Dr. Polaris affecting Aquaman, Tempest, and Dolphin, IIRC.
Polaris shielding possibility is interesting. I would like to see what type of internal attacks she has blocked in the past, if any.

thumb up The gun vs grenade example was spot on. Still don't seems like he understands, I wonder why we try sometimes. laughing out loud

Next Alberto is going to explain to us how wet water is and then claim victory.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 04:08 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Supermutant
Just because one attack can affect more of the body than the other, doesn't mean the other attack can't cause significant harm and quickly.

Below Polaris reversed the blood flow of every powered person in attendance of her wedding to Havok. Knocking them all out instantly, and she probably could have killed them all. Last scan shows there was a bunch of people there, so you can just imagine how many mutants and powered people was in that number.

https://imgur.com/a/7Rg9jav

I doubt Mera's enhance stats would help her at all against this type of attack. I seem to remember Dr. Polaris affecting Aquaman, Tempest, and Dolphin, IIRC.
Polaris shielding possibility is interesting. I would like to see what type of internal attacks she has blocked in the past, if any.

thumb up The gun vs grenade example was spot on. Still don't seems like he understands, I wonder why we try sometimes. laughing out loud

Next Alberto is going to explain to us how wet water is and then claim victory.

question; does Blood bend work against someone who's invulnerable, and has the strength level to be able to hold the a Worldwide flood back from drowning Atlantis using PSI abilities?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 04:19 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

And im not saying it wouldnt work, im saying theres a limit. Magneto and Polaris can tap into the planet, doesnt mean the can lift the planet completely. Mera is Faster, Invulnerable, has her own shields that magic couldn't get through and she also controls water, hydrogen and oxygen make water.

you can break ice, but how does one break water, thats the problem. How does she control Water Vapor, something Mera can use?

^ read this story, and compare it in a battle. Mera isn't Bobby he was in the middle of trying to tell her he stilled loved her, he fired one ice blast not wanting to hurt her but she was going crazy because Her dude left her at the alter. Wanna know how she was defeated..
.. With a tree
Now Again YOU'RE smart enough to realize Electromagnetism doesn't create or stop hygrogen and oxygen correct MUTANT? Do u Honestly believe Polaris isn't breathing while behind the shield? Your gonna have to admit that, so now we get to the real point I was making , Mera controls on an Atomic Level Hydrogen and Oxygen, If she absorbs all Hydrogen and Oxygen unto herself there will be Nobody left standing in this battle for long. You're showing a scan of her using the iron in boby ice to block his attack, I'M talking about using PSI abilities to take all water away atomically. Mera is not shooting blast at a force field.

Her force field protects her, yes but from Receiving basic Elements needed for her to breath, and function Hyrdogen and Oxygen? The answer is no and that's where Mera gets her in the match IMO

Last edited by AlbertoJohnAvil on Mar 27th, 2020 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 04:20 PM
Supermutant

question; does Blood bend work against someone who's invulnerable, and has the strength level to be able to hold the a Worldwide flood back from drowning Atlantis using PSI abilities?

See here's where you keep digging a deeper whole for yourself. Mera isn't invulnerable, and her hydrokinesis has nothing to do with her physical strength.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 04:37 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

And im not saying it wouldnt work,

The rest of your post is irrelevant. I showed an example of Polaris manipulating the iron in someone's blood. It didn't matter to me that it was Iceman and I wasn't drawing a comparison between those two there.

If you are now saying that Polaris blood manipulation would work, that's the exact same thing I, DS and others have been saying from the beginning. lol Congrats

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 04:44 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

more Invulnerable than Ice Man in a Wedding Tuxedo. We lowballing now btw

Aint no way you just said that

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 06:06 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mera takes the pressure Of water, which is why she has super strength and invulnerability.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 06:10 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Mera isn't invulnerable on the level of Colossus or Luke Cage but she sure as hell is more durable than a human being. She has legit superhuman stats.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 07:18 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Mera takes the pressure Of water, which is why she has super strength and invulnerability.

Exactly. Siding with Mera here, Polaris has no chance.

Alberto also made a good point about water.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 08:36 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Okay, so in character, does Mera routinely desiccate other known heroic icons?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2020 06:24 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote