KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls Remastered
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
It was never a visual downgrade.

Sure it was. The same way every single Devil May Cry HD collection was a downgrade, removing quite a bit of effects or otherwise screwing up the visuals. That's why I play the PS2 originals despite owning the hd remasters.

In fact this is too common with most remasters.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 04:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Sure it was. The same way every single Devil May Cry HD collection was a downgrade, removing quite a bit of effects or otherwise screwing up the visuals. That's why I play the PS2 originals despite owning the hd remasters.

In fact this is too common with most remasters.
Play it on Switch, it's literally the PS3/360 versions ported over with a much higher frame-rate and up-resed to 720p while handheld and 900p while docked.

PS4/Xbone/PC are the ones that screwed up the lighting.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 07:43 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I had way more trouble with O&S than I did with Grimm.
You probably have myopia.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 07:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You probably have myopia.
Could be. Old King Allant is still in my mind the hardest boss in the Souls series, but it was also my first Souls game. However, I also never replayed it because consoles are gay. I doubt the same is true of NewGuy and Dark Souls.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 08:23 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by NemeBro
I find that really bizarre, coming from someone who's done a soul level 1 playthrough of Dark Souls and spanked O and S's asses.

I wouldn't even say they're the hardest boss in Dark Souls.

I suppose that makes you better than me at Dark Souls, then. Although I was specifically referring to my experience from my first playthrough before (for fairness' sake), I still had a fair bit of trouble with them in my subsequent runs. Moreso than any of the other DS1 bosses. Perhaps it's because my completed builds in the late-game tended to be overpowered compared to my still-nascent builds in Anor Londo?

Being someone who has done a SL1 playthrough, though, it doesn't surprise me that you had the opposite experience. It's natural that the gulf between a SL1 and the end-game bosses would be wider than the gulf between a SL1 and a mid-game boss.

Putting aside O&S, did Grimm give really you so much trouble? Granted, it took some persistence, but I remember finding the fight to be less frustrating than I was expecting it to be, what with all of the hype surrounding it. Maybe I'd have felt differently if it wasn't so painless to get back to the boss room after dying.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jun 30th, 2020 at 10:27 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2020 10:13 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by NemeBro
Could be. Old King Allant is still in my mind the hardest boss in the Souls series, but it was also my first Souls game. However, I also never replayed it because consoles are gay. I doubt the same is true of NewGuy and Dark Souls.
My first Souls game was Bloodborne and I went balls deep into DS after I got the platinum.

I didn't find any of the main game bosses too hard tbh... Artorias and Chalamet were a nice challenge though.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 03:06 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

My first Souls game was Bloodborne and I went balls deep into DS after I got the platinum.

I didn't find any of the main game bosses too hard tbh... Artorias and Chalamet were a nice challenge though.
Chalamet.

I'm surprised you found them harder then Manus or Ornstein & Smough, those were my biggest challenges in the game.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 04:36 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Chalamet lmao.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 10:12 PM
ares834

Do you guys mean Kalameet? The dragon from the DLC?

I thought he was pretty easy TBH. Manus as well. Artorius was the boss I struggled with most on the DLC but even he wasn’t that difficult.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 01:35 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I don't think any of the DS1 bosses would make it to the top 10 in the Souls series as far as difficulty is concerned.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 01:40 AM
ares834

It's impossible for me to judge as DS1 was the first Souls game I played and, therefore, I had far more difficulty with it than with any of the follow ups.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 01:48 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
It's impossible for me to judge as DS1 was the first Souls game I played and, therefore, I had far more difficulty with it than with any of the follow ups.
Wait, then who do you find difficult in Dark Souls 1?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 02:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I don't think any of the DS1 bosses would make it to the top 10 in the Souls series as far as difficulty is concerned.

I don't disagree. NKG wouldn't make my top 10 either, though.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 02:40 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Who would?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 03:37 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Who would?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 04:48 AM
cdtm

Who would?

The weird ghost that shoots energy balls at you.

Thing was a pain at that point in the game, for someone who went all in melee especially.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 01:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Artorias is tremendously easy if you can stop his enchantment, which takes like one hit from a greatsword, lol.

Kalameet is easy... if you use enchantments. I however tried to tackle both him and Manus with a Divine Zweihander, not realizing that was a pretty shit route to take.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 02:04 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm
The weird ghost that shoots energy balls at you.

Thing was a pain at that point in the game, for someone who went all in melee especially.
You mean the one that looks like you but deader?

I hate the ghost that shoots his arms at you.

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jul 2nd, 2020 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 03:00 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Artorias is tremendously easy if you can stop his enchantment, which takes like one hit from a greatsword, lol.

Kalameet is easy... if you use enchantments. I however tried to tackle both him and Manus with a Divine Zweihander, not realizing that was a pretty shit route to take.
Everyone is easy if you're an endgame Mage or Pyromancer.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 03:04 PM
Jmanghan

Everyone is easy if you're an endgame Mage or Pyromancer.
That's like using gameshark..

Melee only skrub.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 07:00 PM