KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Hickman's X-Men

Hickman's X-Men
Started by: StyleTime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
I prefer the open relationship to the old love triangle to be honest. Maybe they've just developed beyond their old notions of what their relationship should look like. There's no reason they have to be monogamous, if it doesn't suit them.

That said, I just think Scott and Jean should have stayed separated. Morrison did a really good job showing them grow apart romantically, and I don't like that being discarded. Jean and Wolverine feel much more organic as a couple too. While X-Force isn't the greatest series, their conversations feel more authentic and both characters are themselves around each other. Neither really becomes background noise to the other.

Jean with Scott just feels almost...performative at this point, like "wife" and "husband" are just positions they play on a sports team. Honestly, I'd rather Emma be with Scott as they just work better.

I wouldn't mind Jean just being single either.

^ Good post.

It is kinda funny, huh?

Walking around despite literally being skeleton. Her clothing still has boob imprints. Mask completely undamaged.

It reminds me of the scan srank posted, where Wolverine climbed out of a vault of acid as a complete skeleton.

Vault of molten metal, if you're thinking of that Wolverine Annual.

It was re-posted a million times, not just by srank. But perhaps he was the first one to share it... you sure sound like a kmc grandpa, Style.

High-end feat to be sure, but it was sort of implied that it did take him a good while to recover fully and strike at the mobsters again.

Logically, he shouldn't be able to move as a skeleton of course... unless we assume that either Gaea's or Lazaer's supernatural connections are there at work. Or that he adapted far beyond limits of human physiology laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 7th, 2021 04:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by dyajeep
i'm loving Hickman's X-Men except for these 2 things:

- how is Scott okay with Logan and Jean? this is stupid... we've had a soft reboot and instead of keeping Logan away from Scott and Jean, Hickman even made them a throuple, for f*ck's sake

- we've seen disgusting moments of Jean and Logan but we've never seen Scott and Emma yet, this is my saving grace

I don't believe for one second that Scott would be okay with sharing Jean with Logan. Logan I can see it, Jean I can see it, but not Scott.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2021 06:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't believe for one second that Scott would be okay with sharing Jean with Logan. Logan I can see it, Jean I can see it, but not Scott.

precisely, and even though i'm loving the fact that "the X-Men" are now recognized as heroes, they basically are and they already did this storyline several times before... so i'm also thinking when will this "era of Krakoa" end? i'm pretty much waiting to see how this pans out, and i believe Xavier did some worldwide mindsh*t for this to happen

I prefer the open relationship to the old love triangle to be honest. Maybe they've just developed beyond their old notions of what their relationship should look like. There's no reason they have to be monogamous, if it doesn't suit them.

That said, I just think Scott and Jean should have stayed separated. Morrison did a really good job showing them grow apart romantically, and I don't like that being discarded. Jean and Wolverine feel much more organic as a couple too. While X-Force isn't the greatest series, their conversations feel more authentic and both characters are themselves around each other. Neither really becomes background noise to the other.

Jean with Scott just feels almost...performative at this point, like "wife" and "husband" are just positions they play on a sports team. Honestly, I'd rather Emma be with Scott as they just work better.

I wouldn't mind Jean just being single either.

i don't want it to be a love triangle, and i do agree that Scott should move on with Emma, and going back with Jean is just like going back to the drawing board... again!

just my take:

- Logan stays the f*ck away from Jean and the Summers family, he's got too much sh*t on other comics
- Jean stays single, or even flirts with Logan (i don't really care because writers can't erase that freakin' ship off their minds)
- Scott moves on with Emma
- Scott and Jean co-parents their children/family

the conversations of Jean and Logan in X-Force seems organic or mature because they don't have to hide their lasciviousness from Scott, and over the years, Scott and Emma remains a solid mature couple and it's a waste that up until now, they still have no romantic moments

they don't have to be monogamous but it should still be according to their character/personality, these are really their missed opportunities in the soft reboot

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 09:00 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I feel like there's still a chance that it all goes pear-shaped at the end, as tends to happen with Hickman's runs on big teams (F4, Avengers had big climaxes). As things stand though, he's gone (imo at least) way too far in trying to make the X-Men come across as the "other". There's no "we're Humans but a bit different" attitude anymore. And it honestly feels like a lot of the time, the mutants arrogantly believe that they're plain better than Humanity. Or at the very least more evolved.

The open relationship between the "big three" is another aspect of that, and I wonder how many writers will stick with it afterwards.

Not to mention the possibility that they're all clones anyway or something.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 01:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by dyajeep
just my take:

- Logan stays the f*ck away from Jean and the Summers family, he's got too much sh*t on other comics

KMC is like a time travel machine, I swear.

It's not 2005 anymore, dya.

Logan hasn't been in many titles since his resurrection.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2021 05:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
KMC is like a time travel machine, I swear.

It's not 2005 anymore, dya.

Logan hasn't been in many titles since his resurrection.

oh, forgot about that laughing hello 2021 laughing

other comics i meant was his own, and X-Force... and if that's the only comics he was in right now then, thank you Marvel smokin'

Old Post Jul 10th, 2021 12:23 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Jul 10th, 2021 at 11:10 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2021 11:06 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I bet you have that framed on your wall, don't you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 10th, 2021 02:42 PM
dyajeep

thanks goodness Bear-devil is there to save the day! laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 11th, 2021 09:08 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition. Or Beardevil thumb up

Old Post Jul 11th, 2021 10:42 AM
marinadavis
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love it

If you need help choosing a platform for your online store, then I advise you to pay attention to PrestaShop. There are many modules and themes at this link Module Presta that will help with the integration and configuration of the platform

Old Post Jul 29th, 2021 05:10 PM
marinadavis is currently offline Click here to Send marinadavis a Private Message Find more posts by marinadavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

So, now that the Hickman arc is moving forward with Inferno, I must say it's off to a pretty good start. It appears Moira was unable to account for everything, since...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Destiny shows up at the end. Sits right next to Xavier and Magneto in the empty Quiet Council seat, much to their dismay.

The crappiest part is that apparently, Marvel really liked the Krakoa era and wanted to extend it beyond Hickman's original plan. They're freezing the status quo so the new writers can play around a bit in the world. Hickman is leaving for a while, but it seems he'll be back later to "close" the era. He originally had it planned out in three parts, which were supposed to happen with no big breaks in between.

I really hate they did that tbh. Other than Zeb Wells on Hellions, the Hickman titles were the only interesting books tbh. Zeb is going off to Spiderman, so we'll probably be back to a very meh X-line until/unless Hickman returns.

Honestly, it would be fine, except I don't enjoy any of these other writers. The artists have mostly been solid though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 24th, 2021 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 07:57 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Off-topic, but I can't help myself:

The best of Magik... her greatest character moment in 46 years... just for StyleTime:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 10:30 PM
StyleTime

laughing out loud Don't let ngw2 see that.

I do think adding the goofy, dumb element to Magik was a good idea. The 24/7 edgelord thing got old immediately. Having her be unrestrained in a sillier way also makes for a better contrast if anyone wants to explore her going evil again.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 25th, 2021 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 05:35 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I agree here, actually thumb up

Allowing herself to be silly = fantastic way to begin the healing process.

Still, quite out of character. Or maybe she was hoping to get hired as Wolverine's sidekick this way, worked for Jubilee laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 08:39 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by riv6672
Don’t like the current run.

Everyone’s acting out of character for story’s sake, and that story is depicting glorified cult.
Stories like this are the reason alternate realities exist, so writers can indulge themselves without damaging the main universe.

Meh,
I survived Morrison’s all-leather-shirtless-Wolvie-turn-Scott-into-a-douche-cat-beast run, i’ll survive this one.

Worst run since every other Xmen run.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 02:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
Worst run since every other Xmen run.

I wouldn't go that far.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 02:29 PM
cdtm

S.W.O.R.D. mini probably had the best iteration of Beast and Abigail Brand ever.

A shame that couldn't have become the standard. Made a cute couple too.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 02:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
I wouldn't go that far.

thumb up

Hell, it's been rather well-received, that's why it's still going and has so many tie-ins.

It sure can be controversial, but mutants always are, and the biggest flaw is Hickman stealing ideas from Eternals and other works.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2021 04:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Hell, it's been rather well-received, that's why it's still going and has so many tie-ins.

It sure can be controversial, but mutants always are, and the biggest flaw is Hickman stealing ideas from Eternals and other works.

That and some god-awful characterization.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 13th, 2021 06:31 PM