KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FinalAnswer
Flower

The game was so very close to being perfect for me; I'd honestly still give it a 10/10 because of how fantastic the game itself is, but there are some qualities lost compared to the OG:

-The voice acting and dialogue isn't as charming as the original. That isn't to say it's bad, barring Ada, but it didn't stick with me like the OG did.
-The game did a great job on following the same treads and beats as the original, but there was content cut that's sorely missed, the biggest thing being the U3 fight.
-Salazar's design feels weaker, and it doesn't really get the point across that he was infected as a child and it stunted his growth.
-Ada just in general is just kind of there.

These are largely nitpicks though, fantastic game, the design philosophy of staying faithful for what RE4 was going for is what should have been done with RE3

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2023 09:08 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

RE4 was never good, and has long since been surpassed by better games the "remake" clumsily stole features from.

Dead Space 2 in 2008 was ten times the game RE4 Remake is now. Dying Light in 2015 was a better zombie game, with a better story and better gameplay.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2023 09:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
The game was so very close to being perfect for me; I'd honestly still give it a 10/10 because of how fantastic the game itself is, but there are some qualities lost compared to the OG:

-The voice acting and dialogue isn't as charming as the original. That isn't to say it's bad, barring Ada, but it didn't stick with me like the OG did.
-The game did a great job on following the same treads and beats as the original, but there was content cut that's sorely missed, the biggest thing being the U3 fight.
-Salazar's design feels weaker, and it doesn't really get the point across that he was infected as a child and it stunted his growth.
-Ada just in general is just kind of there.

Yeah my impression from the remake is that it's like looking at a simplified company logo but in game form. The original RE4 you can tell has soul put into it. This remake, while sufficient, lacks it in some areas.

quote:
These are largely nitpicks though, fantastic game, the design philosophy of staying faithful for what RE4 was going for is what should have been done with RE3

Fact that Bootl3g sold 5 million less than RE2make, ya can't help wondering if that's why RE4make didn't have as much content cut as the last game.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2023 03:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 10:49 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This exactly. Peak remake culture indeed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 11:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Fkn lmao @ cracked out psychotic Leon. Fans are something else

PWNT

Old Post Apr 30th, 2023 12:19 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Fact that Bootl3g sold 5 million less than RE2make, ya can't help wondering if that's why RE4make didn't have as much content cut as the last game.

3 was a rush job that was done by a B team while the guys that made the 2 Remake did 4, that's why. Capcom never cared about doing 3 justice, they were focused on the money that could be made with 4.

Howdy!

Old Post May 6th, 2023 03:57 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
3 was a rush job that was done by a B team while the guys that made the 2 Remake did 4, that's why. Capcom never cared about doing 3 justice, they were focused on the money that could be made with 4.

I get the feeling had Capcom & their A team known beforehand during RE2make that a neutered RE3 would sell as much as it did, Claire's story and the AB Scenarios they would've nixed along with other things I'm sure and focused solely on Leon. You could say that's reaching but nobody before 2020 thought the third installment would get as bad as what we got yet here we are and Capcom did call 3 a "success" after all. The version that literally shrunk its clock tower portion down to a Tekken fight stage and this is what passes as tolerable for a lot apparently.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 8th, 2023 at 12:02 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2023 11:48 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Finished the game a few weeks ago.

Enjoyed it a lot, only real complaint is that I thought the last couple hours were a slog with too many enemies that were annoying to fight. Ended up feeling like a clumsy horde mode those last two hours or so.

Real solid otherwise though.

Old Post May 10th, 2023 04:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

A close-up of things shown on the screens Wesker was monitoring at the end. Yeah, they totally not setting up RE5 with this.

Attachment: img_3725.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 03:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

They should do a Resident Evil and Gears of War crossover. Imagine Marcus Fenix vs and enhanced Karuser with emulsion amps.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2023 03:28 PM
StyleTime

He and Chris will go on a quest to obtain steroids before their new cycle begins.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2023 04:15 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Will still wait till RE4make is on sale whenever, but at this point am just amazed they didnt cancel the DLC.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 11:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

RE4 remake is on sale atm on the ps store. Its 25 bucks off atm iirc.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2023 06:05 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nice. May just wait to see how much it is by the time I be ready to get it. On too much a busy schedule atm to get around to it still, but is officially part of my backlog now, if there was any doubt before.

Ada sounds kinda better now, though I may have just gotten more used to her current voice. Wish her VA the best after earlier events.

Also looking forward to seeing Wesker mercenaries gameplay next Thursday, presumably.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2023 07:53 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Will still wait till RE4make is on sale whenever, but at this point am just amazed they didnt cancel the DLC.
Why would they

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2023 12:53 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Was an offhand comment from the bitterness that RE3 (2020) left me with. Doing better again now though.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2023 04:43 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Imagine the encounter with Wesker boiling down to a slow motioned Call of Duty moment like with Remake Nicholai: The greatest Resident Evil final boss.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2023 02:55 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Playable Wesker in mercenaries now has a rechargeable combo meter.. Glad RE has gotten back in my good graces, for the moment at least.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2023 11:12 PM
dvampire
xenogears

I think the RE4 remake is better than the original, even though my memory of the original is kind fuzzy. What I do remember is there wasn't enough puzzles in the original that was very challenging, in the remake there's plenty, and I'm only at chapter 12 but I'm clearing it on my own. To me though that Rubix cube (that door that had marbles that had to be made into a some kind of weird spider like design) puzzle at the beginning will probably turn a lot of gamers away as it's a bit to difficult to solve. The sword puzzle where you had to put the right sword with the knight was pretty hard, not trying to spoil anything but thank God I had ammo! Other than the puzzles, the action doesn't let up and keeps you on your toes. This game doesn't do back tracking like Re2 remake and instead present the item to you and progress you forward in the game. This game is long, I think the longest RE game I've played and I ain't complaining.

Made by DW

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2023 08:22 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote