KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I assume they are going to do all of the pre-360/PS3 area games. Or at least until 1 does not become profitable.

I would think they would do RE4...if it does well..do Code Veronica after that. I am not sure about Zero...

When I think about it...it would be neat if Code Veronica gets remade because I never got a chance to play it. I could still wait for RE4.

Aye.

There is always eventually remaking RE5 too with the original vision for the campaign like I said. Is there any reason anyone would not want to see that sometime after an RE4make? Considering all the scrapped concepts that made 5 look very promising before the behind the scene changes that led to the co-op and stuff (you can still have that for things like mercenaries though).

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 03:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

RE5 had its issues but I recently played it with a friend and it was fun.
The first half of it was pretty good but once the it started to become a standard action shooter..than it became less than great.

I don't see them every redoing that game.

And RE6, when I played it for the first time, I enjoyed it. After revisiting it...well..I can only play Leon's campaign.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 05:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

RE2 Remake was good.

RE3 Remake was decent, but lacking.

RE4 is one of the greatest video games ever made, even if Saddler was a weak AF final boss.

A remake of this game would have to be 100% from the ground up with full use of all potential.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 06:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Smasandian
RE5 had its issues but I recently played it with a friend and it was fun.
The first half of it was pretty good but once the it started to become a standard action shooter..than it became less than great.

I don't see them every redoing that game.

And RE6, when I played it for the first time, I enjoyed it. After revisiting it...well..I can only play Leon's campaign.

I mean the game industry's already been heavily reliant on remakes as of late, and if we're entering an era of remakes that are not really warranted but will happen anyway because they know it'll make money and diehard fans of the original will eat them up, then it makes sense to follow through doing one with RE5 sometime after 4 with how successful it was also, especially with all the untapped potential that 5 had.

Fair enough on RE6 though. I don't really see how they could improve or redeem that game with a remake unless they just straight up retconned/rebooted it.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 09:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

My issues with RE4 were almost all related to the story/design choices, but the "tank" controls? Yeah, I'd be perfectly fine with those being updated.

Though I think the combat would have to be reworked. RE4 had proper hitbox values and such. The two remakes thus far have been kind of wonky that way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 10:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Tank controls for the 4th game?...They didn't feel like those to me when i was playing it

the original RE1 & 2 had tank controls but the 4th didn't feel like that at all.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 14th, 2020 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 03:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, everything would have to be reworked..it might be better but the game was designed for your character to be still while shooting.

Perfectly honest, a graphic update would be more than OK for me....as long as its not full price...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 04:00 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Kazenji
Tank controls for the 4th game?...They didn't feel like those to me when i was playing it

the original RE1 & 2 had tank controls but the 4th didn't feel like that at all.
Well, you should look up what tank controls are in the first place then.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 12:57 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Not sure what they can improve on, RE4 was already perfection but we shall see, I am looking forward to it to wipe the taste of RE3 out of my mouth

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 03:28 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Even tanks have better controls then RE4 these days.

Dead Rising 1 has similad controls, which can make navigating some hoards and psychopath battles a chore.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 03:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Reminder it's the RE3 team making this according to those rumors and not RE2 or 7's so if they want to make this remake a more scary version of RE4, ya better hope they brush up well on their horror considering Jill's latest adventure they've done was very action packed.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 04:28 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Since it is the same team according to the rumor, I would be just as concerned (if not more) about how much cut content there would likely be. The original RE3 was already kinda in need of more content compared to its two predecessors, but the remake made it have even less (at least at launch). Whose to say they wont do the same with an RE4make, while the rest of the development goes to some online multiplayer mode or something?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 05:06 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Which i do know what they are, smartass

thats why i just mentioned RE 1 & 2.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 01:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That's not tank controls.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 01:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

RE1 and RE2 doesn't have tank controls?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 04:17 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Reminder it's the RE3 team making this according to those rumors and not RE2 or 7's so if they want to make this remake a more scary version of RE4, ya better hope they brush up well on their horror considering Jill's latest adventure they've done was very action packed.
That isn't entirely accurate. They were a support team (who was only there in the beginning of RE3s development before they switched gears to their new project; this part is in paranthesis because it's a rumor/report from a leaker). They weren't the main team (it was developed in-house by Capcom with multiple other teams lending support).

Another interesting tidbit is that Capcom originally approached Mikami to be founder of M-Two (the name of the company refers to him and Minami is as co-founders) which he turned down due to Ghostwire commitments :/. I remember hearing about that some time ago. It makes sense in hindsight since M-Two has apparently been preparing for RE4s development since 2018. Mikami coming back would have been fantastic.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 15th, 2020 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 03:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I agree with this video knowing full well that a remake will most likely happen, but it's interesting seeing how divided the internet's been on this as a whole. It's reflected in different video reactions ("remake yes", "don't remake it/don't need it") and other communities and social media. Nearly everyone's split on it, and for good reason I guess.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 04:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why does it matter if the remake RE4. It doesn't tarnish the original.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 05:27 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If I move the left stick left and right and he turns rather than strafes, and if when i pull back (without aiming) he walks back instead of turning and running? I consider that tank controls.

A different camera angle doesn't change that for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 05:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Which i do know what they are, smartass

thats why i just mentioned RE 1 & 2.... roll eyes (sarcastic)
No, you didn't know what it was. Now you probably do but for some reason are doubling down on the wrong concept lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 05:45 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote