KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

RIP Paul Haddad..

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 18th, 2020 02:43 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I picked up the original game again, question... How hard does the game become after you rescue Ashley? Because I've heard some horror stories.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 02:15 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's not that hard.

I find the hardest part of that game to be the first few hours when you weapons are not upgraded.

I usually upgrade the first handgun, shotgun and rifle completely...and then don't bother with other handguns until the Re9. Don't touch the riot gun and wait until the Striker.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 02:28 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It's been a while since I played RE4, but the thing about Ashely is moreso just making sure she's safe. That might cause some problems sometimes. You can usually make her hide though.

But RE4 also has a hidden dynamic difficulty, so the game responds differently if it thinks you're performing too well or too poorly.

Old Post May 26th, 2021 02:58 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Beat the game, I'm a bit annoyed lore-wise now though: There should be no way Chris should have been able to fight on par with Leon in RE6, the dude fought evenly with Krauser and is able to fight on par with him, Krauser casually avoiding bullets in the same goddamn way Wesker does.

I'm assuming it was just PIS, because according to RE4 alone, Leon should stomp him into the ground without breaking a sweat. Chris is stronger (I guess?...), but Leon beats him out by a l-o-t in every other category.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 10:14 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But doesn't Chris beat Wesker himself in RE5?

Old Post May 28th, 2021 11:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
But doesn't Chris beat Wesker himself in RE5?
IIRC he had tons of help and explosives, on the other hand, the mutated Krauser ambushed Leon tons of times and had drones that had guns attached to them, and he still kicked his ass in close-quarters combat through-out the fight.

Even when Krauser uses his crazy blurred speed to try to attack Leon, he dodges it casually.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 12:46 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahaha. This is a silly conversation.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 12:57 PM
Arachnid1

It's a video game message board. Not that silly tbh

Leon's highs are far beyond Chris' (he's a ton more skilled), but his lows are also reeeaaaally low. Remember Leon being nearly killed by the Chief almost instantly every time they encountered eachother? The first time Leon fought the dude, Mendez casually KOed him within seconds. The second time they fought, Mendez was strangling him to death but decided to just let him go since Leon had the parasite in him. The third time the fought (immediately after that), the Chief again had Leon dead to rights but Leon got saved by Ada. The fourth time they fought (the final time), the Chief again had Leon completely helpless as he strangled him, but for some reason decided to toss Leon across the room (CIS) to start a boss fight.

I agree with RE4 Leon beating RE5 Chris in a fight if they have their full arsenals and encounter each other a fair environment. I think Leon would easily take him in a knife fight too. In a H2H fight though, Chris would win without much trouble. The dudes damage soak is off the charts (the beating he took from Wesker), and he's tons stronger.

PWNT

Old Post May 28th, 2021 06:56 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's silly because it is a videogame and all these encounters are based on developers trying to make a fun boss fight.

Resident Evil main antagonist is Albert Wesker and Chris beats him.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 07:29 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Or when pre-mutated Krauser beat Leon in a knife fight, who had to be saved by Ada... Also, Wesker > Krauser. Leon would win in a knife fight, but IDK about a gun fight; Chris is an ex marksman. Nonetheless, the RE6 H2H brawl they had was accurate, where Chris landed more hits on Leon, while Leon had to fight defensively.

Old Post May 28th, 2021 09:14 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

We are all forgetting when Chris punched a boulder that probably weighed 10 tons.
Into an active volcano...while being chased by a mutated Wesker

Old Post May 28th, 2021 09:17 PM
Arachnid1

People arguing who would win in a fight between two video game characters on a video game forum isn't really all that crazy. It's just fun speculation. We even have a video game versus forum and a movie versus forum. Both Leon and Chris have even popped up on both. You take their specific feats and compare them.

Leon has just been more consistently impressive.

PWNT

Old Post May 28th, 2021 09:33 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
We are all forgetting when Chris punched a boulder that probably weighed 10 tons.
Into an active volcano...while being chased by a mutated Wesker
Yes, it's very impressive, but speed and skill wise, Leon is wayyyy ahead of him.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 02:07 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Arachnid1
It's a video game message board. Not that silly tbh

Leon's highs are far beyond Chris' (he's a ton more skilled), but his lows are also reeeaaaally low. Remember Leon being nearly killed by the Chief almost instantly every time they encountered eachother? The first time Leon fought the dude, Mendez casually KOed him within seconds. The second time they fought, Mendez was strangling him to death but decided to just let him go since Leon had the parasite in him. The third time the fought (immediately after that), the Chief again had Leon dead to rights but Leon got saved by Ada. The fourth time they fought (the final time), the Chief again had Leon completely helpless as he strangled him, but for some reason decided to toss Leon across the room (CIS) to start a boss fight.

I agree with RE4 Leon beating RE5 Chris in a fight if they have their full arsenals and encounter each other a fair environment. I think Leon would easily take him in a knife fight too. In a H2H fight though, Chris would win without much trouble. The dudes damage soak is off the charts (the beating he took from Wesker), and he's tons stronger.

I feel like Leon could have disarmed Krauser btw if Ada hadn't come along.

Leon's damage soak is insane too, but honestly Krauser is a way more impressive combatant, and most likely WAY stronger then Chris is because of his mutations, but Leon was still able to tangle with him and match him in strength.

He's much stronger then Leon yes, but not enough to the point where it's Gorilla vs Human level, and even if so, Leon's done stuff like this:
(please log in to view the image)

I'm pretty sure he's close to Chris level in strength and way above him in skill and speed. Sure, Krauser isn't as good as Wesker persay, but he's undeniably a Wesker-level opponent, you literally watch him casually dodge point-blank gunfire. The point is Leon was able to fight him in close quarters combat and still fight on par with him, all the while Leon was completely disadvantaged in the main boss fight, with Krauser ambushing him at every turn, using drones that were explosive, and full-auto weapons, while using flash grenades, guns, his knife, and his mutation abilities through-out the fight.

Yet, Leon dodges and at some point physically kicks him backwards in some of the QTE's.

Whereas even with weapons and back-up, Chris failed a bunch of times to reasonably take on Wesker while Wesker was TOYING WITH HIM, that's the big kicker, Wesker toyed with Chris in every. single. fight they had except for the very last one.

Also, be ****ing real, can you see Leon struggling here:

They're fighting like complete amateurs in comparison, Arias turns into a ****ing mutant and Leon axe kicks him in the head and almost beats him later on.

Chris is stronger, cool, awesome, he took down wesker with a grenade launcher, awesome, but he's not beating Leon in H2H, realistically Leon should have been able to take him easier then Jill did.

The best argument you could make is that Chris and Leon knew each other's fighting styles somehow, but as far as a random fight? Yeah no.

I realize this should be in a versus thread (which I might make) but I'm just appalled how humans in general think Chris could reasonably stand with Leon for more then 10 seconds without getting all his bones broken and getting his face bashed in with kicks.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 01:53 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Shut the phuck up, jman. Chris one-shots him.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 29th, 2021 03:27 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Shut the phuck up, jman. Chris one-shots him.
Stop saying "phuck" all the time and I'll consider it.

Chris sucks at fighting.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 03:30 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Stop saying "phuck" all the time and I'll consider it.

Chris sucks at fighting.
He still phucks Leon up. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 29th, 2021 05:06 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

How were Chris and Glenn Arias fighting like amateurs there? Yes, Leon very well could've struggled against pre-mutated Glenn just as he did with pre-mutated Krauser. Glenn was not without skill, but once someone's mutated, they just become a big easy target for any experienced RE survivor as history of the series has shown.

The best argument one can make is what's actually canon, and that is their H2H fight where Chris landed more hits on Leon than vice-versa. Also of him note breaking free of Leon's grab and throwing him.

What happened on screen > your opinion. smile

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 29th, 2021 at 09:05 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2021 08:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
How were Chris and Glenn Arias fighting like amateurs there? Yes, Leon very well could've struggled against pre-mutated Glenn just as he did with pre-mutated Krauser. Glenn was not without skill, but once someone's mutated, they just become a big easy target for any experienced RE survivor as history of the series has shown.

The best argument one can make is what's actually canon, and that is their H2H fight where Chris landed more hits on Leon than vice-versa. Also of him note breaking free of Leon's grab and throwing him.

What happened on screen > your opinion. smile
I'm not confident that Leon would have struggled slightly against Glenn Arias.

Also, Chris gets his ass kicked all the time, not just by Wesker a ton of times through-out the series, he got his ass beat by Jill more than once IIRC, he lost to Glenn Arias there.

If you watch Leon or Ada's fight against Svetlana they just seem like they're on a completely different level compared to Chris and Glenn:

There was no "pre-mutated Krauser", the knife fight was Krauser using his enhanced stats. I don't buy that he absolutely required Ada's help there, btw, he was doing just fine beforehand.

Also, yes, I realize that happens in RE6, my argument was that it was ridiculous that Chris could keep up with Leon. Like it or not Leon has just been far ahead of him skill-wise. By RE4 I'd bet hundreds of dollars, had Wesker been a boss, Leon would have been able to keep up with him in a knife fight.

But sure, let's keep saying how big, strong and roided out he is like that matters just as much as skill and speed, or pretend that Chris hits harder than the beings that have punted Leon into the stratosphere.

My point though, is that Leon should have been the one landing more hits then Leon, not the other way around, but when Chris grabbed him or landed a hit it should have done more damage.

Also, did Chris even land a hit? It looks like Leon blocked those knees.

Leon has been consistently more impressive on-screen, except for a few moments where he got embarrassed by the giant mutated chieften. Which, to me, I used to think was ridiculous, but the dude is a goddamn unit and Leon tried to roundhouse him like a moron. The second time he was completely blind-sided by him and there's no reason Leon should be stronger then this massive, mutated Ganado chieften.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 09:21 PM