KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

No regular human in RE is much of a match for Wesker without nerfing/injecting him, and Jill was physically enhanced by the P30 device that was controlling her; Chris didn't want to hurt her but save her. That was the only time they "fought", and lost to Glenn? Chris threw him off the building at the end of the video you posted.

Krauser was clearly about to stab Leon before Ada stepped in, and if he already had enhanced stats at the point, all the more that it was good she was there to save him.

Krauser was impressive but Wesker was on a different level. Krauser was but a pawn of he who transcended humanity. Wesker would destroy Leon even if he kept up with him a bit at first, and you would owe me those hundred dollars. Unless we're just gonna ignore Wesker's feats, since that's what you seem to do in favor of the character you argue for.

I don't disagree that Leon beats Chris under the right conditions (said in my first post that Leon would win in a knife fight), but all you're doing is lowballing Chris rather than giving a fair honest debate. erm Their stalemate fight in RE6 happened, like it or not.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 29th, 2021 at 10:13 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2021 10:11 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, and if we're including gameplay mechanics since you seem to be doing so for Leon, Chris can react to and counter Wesker, and do a haymaker combo on him.

But yes, let's pretend he can't fight worth a damn. smile

Old Post May 29th, 2021 10:41 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So there was some potentially leaked information about this game a few days ago. No idea how accurate it is. The most interesting information in said leak was that you will be able to play the RE4 remake in first person mode or third person mode.

I think that would be cool if true. And would make subsequent playthroughs more interesting by adding more variety.

Other possible tidbits were things like the game would be even longer than the original, and that the same voice actor who played Leon in the RE2 Remake would come back for this.

Last edited by BackFire on May 30th, 2021 at 03:48 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2021 11:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wow, sounds like they're actually putting in effort unlike their previous remake (will never forgive 3 thumb down ). I would mostly only play in 3rd person if this is true and I was to get it, but cool for them to give you the option. Probably what they should've done to begin with since 7.

Old Post May 29th, 2021 11:48 PM
Arachnid1

Just chiming in to say Leon would beat Chris in a full out fight (only take movies or cutscenes are cannon BTW; little gameplay scripts that may or may not have happened don't really make sense as feats). People keep saying Chris "beat" Wesker, but I think we should examine the context of their encounters. Chris got hilariously stomped every encounter he had with Wesker, right from their first fight in Code Veronica. Chris had help from post RE3 Jill the next time he fought Wesker, and this time they both got stomped. Chris almost died only to be saved, and Jill basically did die (though survived due to Weskers experimentation). Then, every time he fought Wesker in RE5, he had help from Sheva and they both still got hilariously stomped. There were multiple times Wesker had Chris dead to rights but didn't kill him due to villain monologuing. There was one point where he literally had a gun to Chris' head. The only reason he beat Wesker at the end was Weskers bonding with Uroburos taking away his speed and effectively making him manageable. Even then, Chris had to be given a rocket launcher to stop Wesker from dragging his chopper into the lava. Chris was never once made out to be Wesker's equal. Not even close.

Leon taking out Krauser was more impressive. Not only was he solo, he was completely taken by surprise and at a disadvantage both times. Krauser was faster and stronger than he was by a ton, and they both had comparable training. Their final boss fight was an arena laced out with traps and all kinds of advantages for Krauser. Even their first fight that ended with Ada saving Leon was them fighting nearly even, and that was an already mutated Krauser.

Leon did as well against Krauser in their fights through pure skill. That's more impressive than Chris getting stomped by Wesker five times. So was Leon being a lone operative for almost the entirety of RE4. Chris always had help from one of his partners or various BSAA field operatives.

Chris even needed a partner and two miniguns to take out a single El Gigante. Leon took out multiple solo throughout the game, and one point even fought two at the same time. Chris needed a partner and miniguns to take out the water BOW he and Sheva encountered in RE5. Leon used harpoons to beat his (though there's an obvious size difference so that second point is kind of badly illustrated; just pointing out how Leon always feels like he succeeds as an underdog).

All this is before we even get into all the movies. Leon was the lead in every single one, so that's afforded him all kinds of insane feats. Remember him getting smacked a football field away into a metal wall by the G-monster in Degeneration? Or the insane abuse he took from the Tyrant in Damnation? Or the close quarters battle he had with the intelligent tyrant in Vendetta (this one was flat out ridiculous, and we've never seen Chris do something like this)? He's even got the Infinite Darkness show coming next month which will probably give him even more ridiculous showings.

People are also ignoring the context of their RE6 encounter while twisting what was shown on screen. Chris was on a warpath trying to kill Ada the entire time. Leon was clearly just trying to control the situation and calm him down. That entire fight also showed them to be obviously even since I'm assuming the devs didn't want to piss off fans of either. Leon dodged Chris haymaker, Chris dodged his sweeping kick, grappling started (which is something Chris really should have had no problem with), Chris tried to knee Leon twice which Leon blocked both times, Leon twisted out of Chris grab, Chris threw Leon out of his grab, Leon rolled out of the throw, and they both got their guns up at the exact same time. There was no damage put out either way, and the only one who was indisputably going all out was Chris. Keep in mind that this was a straight out H2H fight, which IMO Chris should have bodied Leon in.

Chris is great, but Leon is on another level

PWNT

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Chris was able to start adapting and reacting to Wesker when he began being weakened after the injection, during the QTE airship part before Uroboros. That's when Wesker started being manageable, no longer being the one in control. If the opposite was true, he wouldn't of need to merge with Uroboros, but the transformation at the volcano sealed the deal on his demise either way. But yeah, plenty of PIS and bad writing went into how Wesker was fought and beaten, which diminished Chris's victory there. Part of the problem was Wesker (especially by the time of 5) being just uber by RE standards who was far above anyone previously fought in the series (Krauser, etc), but they still could've shown a more believable tactful way of Chris taking him down. The original version & storyboard of 5 would've fit that bill, before they added Sheva into everything to "prove their weren't racist" after the initial controversy the game got... But is what it is.

With how the Chris vs Leon thing had heated for the years prior to 6, it was obvious from the start that having them fight in a stalemate in that game was Capcom's answer to it, to avoid pissing off fans of either side. And that's fine. They clearly value both characters, having remained staples.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 09:34 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://www.ign.com/articles/reside...roves-his-story

Even for a 3 week made-up story, it still retained it's classic Resident Evil charm. Part of RE2make's success was talking with Shinji Mikami during the game's development so I hope that's what they're doing for this too if they want RE4make to have as big a reception with fans.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 12:31 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah...

It's funny, gamers are less enthralled with remakes that modify the original game. Yet movie fans are OK when the original gets re-cut. (blade runner for ex).

I wonder what the difference is.

For me, I prefer remakes/remasters be their own special thing and have changes...but I also think publishers need to ensure the previous games are still made available.

In fact...I think they should include the original game in the remake though I understand that might be difficult depending on the title.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2022 06:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian

Yeah...

It's funny, gamers are less enthralled with remakes that modify the original game. Yet movie fans are OK when the original gets re-cut. (blade runner for ex).

For me with RE4 it doesn't need to be remade, its fine as is. But i guess Capcom is still on the remake train better keep going

quote:
For me, I prefer remakes/remasters be their own special thing and have changes...but I also think publishers need to ensure the previous games are still made available.

This

looking at you Rockstar games.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 6th, 2022 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2022 12:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

For sure. I don't think companies should stop selling old games if there happens to be a remastered available. (well within reason, if there is "remaster" that just ups resolution or something...then I guess that would be OK)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2022 01:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well in regards to Rockstar games with Vice City & San Andreas alot of the songs were removed over licenses with the digital version anyway

even with their recent The Definitive Edition's they didn't even bother to renew those licenses. One good thing owning physical copies of games.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2022 01:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You would think since RE2 and RE3's remakes can't get on Switch (and let's be honest: cloud sucks), the very least Capcom can throw the Nintendo side a bone giving them a Collection of the classic originals with RE1: Director's Cut and maybe Code Veronica added for good measure. We have multiple Mega Man collections, the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, the Devil May Cry HD Collection, Onimusha got a rerelease so why not?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 6th, 2022 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2022 01:44 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I was hoping to see all of the Onimusha games get a remaster, But nope they stopped at the first game.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2022 02:43 AM
Jmanghan

State of Play announced the release date: March 24th, 2023.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:06 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

YES YES YES YES YES

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 2nd, 2022 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:18 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Something I thought about earlier that made me make my peace with the RE4make was the realization that RE9 would just be another part of 1st person series with no Leon in sight. So, aside from the great RE2make we got a few years ago, this here will be all Leon, Ada, and company will have going for them for awhile in terms of game appearances.

Still disappointed too that Jill's been MIA aside from the awful rushed remake of RE3, but they've all been mostly MIA after RE5 and 6 which has been a missed opportunity. Needless to say, I won't blindly consume this 4 remake like I did 3 under the assumption it would be great like 2 was. Something to consider when it's someday on sale for cheap though? Absolutely.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 2nd, 2022 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 10:25 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Something I thought about earlier that made me make my peace with the RE4make was the realization that RE9 would just be another part of 1st person series with no Leon in sight. So, aside from the great RE2make we got a few years ago, this here will be all Leon, Ada, and company will have going for them for awhile in terms of game appearances.

Still disappointed too that Jill's been MIA aside from the awful rushed remake of RE3, but they've all been mostly MIA after RE5 and 6 which has been a missed opportunity. Needless to say, I won't blindly consume this 4 remake like I did 3 under the assumption it would be great like 2 was. Something to consider when it's someday on sale for cheap though? Absolutely.

What, you don't want Luis to die near the tutorial, Ashley to have fewer interactives, and Merchant to ask what NFT are ya buyin?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 11:03 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

laughing out loud

Please do Mercenaries justice this time at least if nothing else. That's all I ask Capcom. After RE3 the bar has never been lower.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 11:07 PM
Arachnid1

Yeah. Please, for the love of god, don't cut Mercs.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 11:26 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, just for transparency, I won't be a party pooper for those genuinely excited for this remake. I know I've gone on and on about the disappointment of the RE3 remake which I never lived down, but unlike that game which was made by one of Capcom's B teams, this has had their A team working on it. And while RE3 was technically the first game to have Mercenaries, RE4 you could argue was what popularized it, so if they save if for this, then not all will have been lost. It's a shame we'll never get a proper modernization of RE3, but doesn't mean everything remade after will be shit.

That said, I can see some corners being cut with this. Even the remake of 2 had some things missing from the original, but not enough that it felt like an incomplete game. This still ought to be on par with 2 despite that.

I haven't been in much a hurry for a next gen system, but by the time it becomes more reasonable to find one and I get one, this game will probably be on a sale discount.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 12:25 AM