KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mortal Kombat 2021

Mortal Kombat 2021
Started by: KingAdzJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

MK 2021 Raiden had the accent of a retarded robot...at first it sounds awful but it gets hilarious the more you hear him speak...

Still legacy Raiden was getting his ass kicked by Asylum guards and had to ask someone to kill him to respawn somewhere else.

Bankai.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 06:33 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is pretty amusing...

Old Post May 16th, 2021 08:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This is pretty amusing...

Pitch Meeting is always legit. Same with HESHE.

Those two make great satire contents.

Old Post May 16th, 2021 08:56 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Can't forget Honest Trailers too.

That said, am looking forward to the HISHE on this, among other stuff.

Old Post May 16th, 2021 09:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Can't forget Honest Trailers too.

That said, am looking forward to the HISHE on this, among other stuff.

It might just be me, but Honest Trailers have most some of their mojos, they aren’t as funny compared to their earlier stuffs.

Old Post May 16th, 2021 09:49 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Found that posted one funny, but that's fair I guess. Haven't seen too many of their other ones outside of the occasional films I've watched to compare.

Just saw another fan's reaction to this film after seeing it earlier, and one thing pointed out that I actually forgot about, was the dragon tattoo being a thing in Annihilation too (for Shao Khan and his minions). It was stupid then, it was stupid now in the new film even if it was executed differently.

Also, the initial reports may have overestimated this film's financial success. It had a major drop after the opening weekend.

Sure there's covid and things to consider, but if it was a better film, you could still argue it'd be making somewhere more. That leaves a sequel for this less certain than originally thought.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 16th, 2021 at 10:05 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2021 10:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Also, the initial reports may have overestimated this film's financial success. It had a major drop after the opening weekend.

Sure there's covid and things to consider, but if it was a better film, you could still argue it'd be making somewhere more. That leaves a sequel for this less certain than originally thought.

I had a coworker who was asked to see it with friends and he knew nothing about MK, but he ended up hearing from his friends who were apparently excited about it that it wasn't worth the trouble. Heh. So yeah, I think word of mouth hasn't been great for the movie.

Old Post May 16th, 2021 10:13 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. It didn't give new people much a reason to get into the series. A bad film is a bad film, adaptation or otherwise. Demon Slayer is an even more niche IP than MK, and for that movie to easily outsell MK'21... Also glad 2021 doesn't look like it will outsell the original 1995 film from the looks of it going by the above video, even if covid had a hand in that.

Hopefully my last post on the subject, but a good video excerpt from someone I follow of what could've been for this film with Cage. Another video that was a review of tearing the film apart aside, I was expecting as much takes such as this with him after he eventually saw it. lol

It must really suck for Lewis Tan, all the shit he probably gets or sees for playing one of the most hated characters/gary stu's in MK history. Beforehand he was mostly a stunt person and really wanted to become an actor; he might be another good martial artist unlike his character but as shown with him as Cole, he doesn't really emote or act well. Couldn't be further from being film lead material.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 18th, 2021 at 12:13 AM

Old Post May 18th, 2021 12:03 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re-watching it. Noticing some things that really stand out as nonsensical.

Like how Sonya doesn't seem to know who Cole Young is, and then you see his face is plastered all over the wall on various newspaper clippings.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 20th, 2021 02:42 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

Speaking of nonsensical, that moment you remember Mileena could've stabbed Cole in the head instead of the back of his plot armor after she teleported behind him. Had one job...

It's worse too when you consider how she later grabs Cole from behind with her teleport but flips herself over to bite him from the front, making it easier for Cole to just use the tonfa's to block her bite or just keep her away with his arms.

Cue Christopher Lambert laugh.

(please log in to view the image)

Oh yeah, there was this recently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomb...utm_name=iossmf

Almost as though such things should've remained in the film to have a coherent movie. Can't have that though I guess. Sick of this happening with current films, always deleting important contextual scenes.

Anyway, watch the next Mortal Kombat Legends animated movie instead of rewatching this shit.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2021 11:56 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2021 07:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Meh...i still enjoyed the film, Even if there are some issues with it in places.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2021 08:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

The ending whompt

Old Post Jul 31st, 2021 09:08 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I was expecting a rendition of the original song when they scream.mortal kombat

Old Post Jul 31st, 2021 09:09 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That CinemaSins video was 100% spot on.

A sequel for this dogshit was confirmed it looks like, so now you get to see the Gary Stu OC arcana plot armor his way through Shao Kahn as he did with Goro.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/mortal...ter-1234920121/

I really hope the next film is better though, like significantly better. MK '21 didn't even do that well financially as pointed out earlier, but WB's using the HBO Max viewership as justification for the sequel, so here we are.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2022 11:45 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

We got it already...You're still salty over your experience with this movie.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 01:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And you like shit, I get it. thumb up

Set yourself up for that one.

Seeing comments of people hoping Cole Young gets killed off in the first few minutes of the confirmed sequel a la Johnny Cage in Annihilation, all I can say is dreams are free, but as the established main character he's not going anywhere, no matter how much he drags down the new cinematic universe like Alice in RE.

Since MK already hit rock bottom with the first rebooted film, I see the sequel having potential to be better at least, and since they gotta followup on the Johnny Cage cliffhanger tease of going to Hollywood to find and recruit him, am somewhat optimistic there. Keyword being somewhat.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jan 27th, 2022 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 02:27 AM
Bfgtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seeing comments of people hoping Cole Young gets killed off in the first few minutes of the confirmed sequel a la Johnny Cage in Annihilation, all I can say is dreams are free, but as the established main character he's not going anywhere, no matter how much he drags down the new cinematic universe like Alice in RE.

Since MK already hit rock bottom with the first rebooted film, I see the sequel having potential to be better at least, and since they gotta followup on the Johnny Cage cliffhanger tease of going to Hollywood to find and recruit him, am somewhat optimistic there. Keyword being somewhat.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 03:06 AM
Bfgtd is currently offline Click here to Send Bfgtd a Private Message Find more posts by Bfgtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

a sequel is being made

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 03:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wow...having trouble accepting other people's opinions as usual

if it's that hard for you, Better stay off the internet.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 04:32 AM