KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mortal Kombat 2021

Mortal Kombat 2021
Started by: KingAdzJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

^ I guess they will be out on time though because of the HBO Mac thing.

Otherwise most big films are getting delayed again. Probably wont get anything big in the big screen until Summer.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 01:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
F***ing loved the first one. Dont care how campy it was.

The first one was perfect.

Annihilation was a crime against humanity sad

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Did not know there was an animated movie. Is it related to the films?

Scorpion's Revenge came out last year. Haven't seen it yet.

But no, afaik, it's closer to games/comics (y'know, actual canon) than to old films.

--

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/MKMovie/status/1350141868940529664

Nice screenshots, but the fact we're less than three months away and still no trailer is quite concerning. Something tells me it would've been this poorly marketed even if covid didn't exist.

You might be on to something.

And those screenshots are already getting lots of hate, sadly.

I will wait for the final product, of course. Can't possibly be worse than MK:A.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 01:43 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Can't possibly be worse than MK:A.

^^^Man I hope you’re right.

And personally I’m not hating on the pics, though I really do think Ajax looks like Steve Harvey in his. The costumes look surprisingly accurate. It’s not something I was expecting.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 03:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I was reading for the 1995 movie they originally wanted it to be R-rated, But then New Line Cinema stepped in and wanted to lower the rating so kids could see it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 04:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Many fans were kids at the time (myself included), so made sense.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 04:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Annihilation was a crime against humanity sad

I mostly try to block the second one out of my memory.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 11:01 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Kazenji
I was reading for the 1995 movie they originally wanted it to be R-rated, But then New Line Cinema stepped in and wanted to lower the rating so kids could see it.

MK was only so many years old by then and hated by most adults lol

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 05:15 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I can understand maybe some of the older gamers at the time being disappointed at it not being R-rated and lack of fatalities.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 05:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
lack of fatalities.

Sub-Zero shattered a guard to pieces when he showed off his ice powers, Scorpion took off his mask and attempted the toasty fatality on Cage which was done well, Shang Tsung did his soul stealing left and right (starting the whole "your soul is mine" phrase)... The final fight even ended with the spike pit stage fatality from the first game.

You can have more different kinds of fatalities with an R rating, but the fight choreography is definitely more important for a film at the end of the day, which the first movie excelled in. A spine rip or something doesn't mean shit if the fight scene is bad.

Also curious how the rest of the costumes and set pieces in this will compare to the first film. The pieces that were made for like netherrealm/hell (where Scorpion fought Cage) and Outworld were wonderfully made at the time.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 08:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah that first one banked money. Would have blatantly flopped if it were R rated.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 08:58 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://movieweb.com/mortal-kombat-...sis-cole-young/

Forgot about it till I was reminded again, but am still put off by this Cole OC character in this film. He feels so unnecessary when MK has an insane amount of characters they could use and portray instead. The plot synopsis with him reeks of fanfiction as well but it comes with the territory when they go down this path as opposed to sticking with what exists in the source material.

Since he's the main character here too, wouldn't be surprised if he were a gary stu OC like Resident Evil's Alice.

I don't know, but just off of this, can already say that the first film feels more faithful despite the creative differences it had in who fought who.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 11:08 AM
riv6672

Forgot about it till I was reminded again, but am still put off by this Cole OC character in this film. He feels so unnecessary when MK has an insane amount of characters they could use and portray instead. The plot synopsis with him reeks of fanfiction as well but it comes with the territory when they go down this path as opposed to sticking with what exists in the source material.

Since he's the main character here too, wouldn't be surprised if he were a gary stu OC like Resident Evil's Alice.

I don't know, but just off of this, can already say that the first film feels more faithful despite the creative differences it had in who fought who.

Ew/ooh...

...not liking that either, for all the reasons you said.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 12:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What a lazy plot. And Didn't Taven and his brother Daegon in the Armageddon game have a dragon mark? Why Cole & Jax be having it? I was already theorizing Cole was Taven with amnesia or something that would've saved the movie but reading Jax has it too throws that out the window.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 19th, 2021 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 12:45 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...Ugh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 04:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I heard about that Cole character, too.

I'm still hoping it's not as bad as it sounds.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 04:44 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^same. Always hope for the best I guess.

It’s harder though, when (seemingly) stupid shit gets put out.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 05:05 PM
ShadowFyre

If Scorpion or Goro loses to ****ing lame ass Luke Cage again I'm gonna be so ****ing pissed

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 05:24 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
If Scorpion or Goro loses to ****ing lame ass Luke Cage again I'm gonna be so ****ing pissed

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 06:19 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Whaaaa? Those were like the 2 best fights.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 07:26 PM
ShadowFyre

just noticed I put Luke Cage😅😅

Yeah but it's ****ing Johny Cage. Goro and Scorpion should ****ing murder his ass

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 09:40 PM