KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is actually a positive thread where everyone seems to be getting along. How very nice.

On topic: I’ve been playing the FF7 Remake and am loving it. My only gripe would be how linear it can be, but it’s such a gorgeous game I don’t mind.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 02:33 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

That's good to hear. I was afraid they would ruin it. I'm probably going to pick it up soon.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 02:35 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

age of pirates city of abandoned ships
power

Old Post May 5th, 2020 02:36 AM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I've been looking for a cool Pirate RPG. The closest thing was Black Flag. I've read that most of the attempts at a good pirate RPG have been terrible.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 02:38 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Oh ok. But wait, there’s more

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post May 5th, 2020 02:52 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

yeah, so what? This is still general discussion no? It doesn't have to be about what politician we hate or what KMC poster we are feuding with all the time does it?

Old Post May 5th, 2020 03:11 AM
Stringer

I think this is best if you create this thread easily in the proper forum, please.

Thank you

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post May 5th, 2020 03:37 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Yeah, back to bashing each other in every thread. That's better. lol

Old Post May 5th, 2020 03:40 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, best Metroidvania no contest.

Looks good from Lets Plays, maybe on the next sale.

If you like that you'll probably like Sundered.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 03:52 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I'm hearing Dead Cells is the best Metroidvania from some circles.

And Guacamele is from others.

I don't know them any more then I know Hollow Knight, just from Lets Plays. What one to get, if I only want to get one?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 04:11 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ I have never heard of these games. What are they?

Old Post May 5th, 2020 04:14 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520

Other popular Metroidvania's.

Or I think Dead Cells is technically a "Rogue Lite", but is supposed to have Metoidvania like similarities.

A lot of Metroidvania's released in the last five years actually. Axiom Verge is a pretty good one, but I kind of don't like how the main character looks like a computer programmer. Essentially its taking the "Mary Sue" trope literally by inserting himself in the game.

Last edited by cdtm on May 5th, 2020 at 04:22 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2020 04:19 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's good to hear. I was afraid they would ruin it. I'm probably going to pick it up soon.

You won’t regret it.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 04:28 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm

I don't know them any more then I know Hollow Knight, just from Lets Plays. What one to get, if I only want to get one?
None of those even come close to HK tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 5th, 2020 04:29 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is the dlc worth it?

Old Post May 5th, 2020 04:34 AM
StyleTime

Epic gave away a ton of good mediocre Metroidvanias.

Sundred Elddritch Edition for example. Or Axiom Verge.

Personally I love Hyper Light Drifter, which isn't technically a metroidvania as it is a Zelda style hack and slash, but all fans of solid old school games should love it.

thumb up Those 2 are on my to-play list.
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm disappointed now we're being told the new Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines won't be out until Christmas.

They probably want to make sure they nail the landing since the wait has been so long. Don't wanna wind up like Duke Nukem Forever. lol
So I looked up Bloodstained ROtN on Steam.

40 dollars??! eek!

Maybe it's totally worth it, but I just don't like this trend if indie games gradually creeping up on price. It all started when Binding of Isaac Rebirth was successful enough to demand 15 bucks, up from the originals 7. Then EVERY indie went "Mee too!" And suddenly 15 becomes the new normal.

Not that I haven't spent more on less. Platinum Games was a glorified Indy developer for consoles, and as good as games like Transformers Devastation are, it probably shouldn't go for 40-50 dollars with a 6 hour campaign.

Anyways, I'm nowhere near enough of a Metroidvania fan to spend that amount on this.

Bloodstained is fairly high-profile due to its lineage, but the price feels justified. It's definitely longer than Transformers, and they are releasing free dlc with a new playable character, Zangetsu in a few days. Another character to come later with more game modes too. I'm just happy at anything that gives a big "phuck you" to Konami tbh. They want to kill Castlevania? Cool. Igarashi gave us this other kickass thing.

A neat Kickstarter success story, unlike Mighty No. 9 lol.

That said, I understand if you still want something cheaper. Outside of a proper Metroid or Castlevania, Bloodstained is higher cost than most of this ilk. Any of the other suggestions are great too, if you can't catch it on sale.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 5th, 2020 at 05:21 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2020 05:15 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I sound like a broken record, but I still think it's nearly impossible to go wrong here. Just pick which one look most appealing to you in the videos.

I'd say get them all. They're all great. Even the phone ones have solid titles, like Dandara. The more these games sell, the more these games get made. It's a win-win for fans. Weeeeeeeeeee!

I feel like only fighting games have had the same resurgence. Maybe CCG's?

Part of a niche genre called Metroidvania's, named after the formula Metroid and post-Classic Castlevania popularized.

They're not for everyone necessarily.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 5th, 2020 at 05:41 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2020 05:29 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Strider metroidvania is currently on a Steam sale for 70% off, about 5 bucks.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/235210/STRIDER/

Old Post May 5th, 2020 12:06 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
I sound like a broken record, but I still think it's nearly impossible to go wrong here. Just pick which one look most appealing to you in the videos.

I'd say get them all. They're all great. Even the phone ones have solid titles, like Dandara. The more these games sell, the more these games get made. It's a win-win for fans. Weeeeeeeeeee!

I feel like only fighting games have had the same resurgence. Maybe CCG's?

Part of a niche genre called Metroidvania's, named after the formula Metroid and post-Classic Castlevania popularized.

They're not for everyone necessarily.

Did you have a 360? Play Shadow Complex? Because I just found out there's a remaster on Steam.

Also, no one's mentioned Ori and the Blind Forrest, that's said to be a real masterpiece of a Metroidvania. I only heard about it when hunting up reviews on Dust an Elysian Tail, which is more of a hybrid hack and slash with metroidvania elements. Might be too casual for some, but I love it.

But Ori looks like the real deal.

Last edited by cdtm on May 5th, 2020 at 12:13 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2020 12:08 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by StyleTime

And, agreed.

No "metroidvania" game has given me the satisfaction and enjoyment that Super Metroid did. It's still the gold standard. But some games have come close as of late.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 01:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote