KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ahsoka > Savage?

Ahsoka > Savage?
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
You sure about that? Because luring anakin and kenobi was his og plan

What does that have to do with Ahsoka and Mauls potential?

Old Post May 11th, 2020 09:11 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What does that have to do with Ahsoka and Mauls potential?

The point is maul killing Anakin wasn't a long term plan. He was planning to do it then and there.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 09:37 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The point is maul killing Anakin wasn't a long term plan. He was planning to do it then and there.

The plan was to ambush Skywalker and Kenobi yeah.

But When he was asking Ahsoka to join him, that opportunity had gone.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 01:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The plan was to ambush Skywalker and Kenobi yeah.
It gets funnier every time I think about it.

Maul's head is so far up his own ass that he legitimately thought he could kill Anakin without a problem... What a gas.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 11th, 2020 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
It gets funnier every time I think about it.

Maul's head is so far up his own ass that he legitimately thought he could kill Anakin without a problem... What a gas.

Well, to be fair, he did KO Windu and Secura by ambushing them with just 2 Death Watch warriors. Even managed to engage them both on his own. And perhaps he himself has grown slightly stronger since then.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 01:39 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

^he engaged Mace and Aayla for literally one panel, I would have bit more surprised if Mace oneshotted him lol

Old Post May 11th, 2020 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, and it was the rocket(which Mace was obviously unprepared for) that KO'd him.

No conclusions can be drawn from that 'fight', but Maul diving in head first against an opponent who is undoubtedly above him doesn't surprise me... Especially given Filoni's statement that he tends to be an overconfident dipshit in battle scenarios.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No what I meant was Mace was ambushed. I.e. Getting a rocket shot at him whilst fighting Maul.

And that An ambush was clearly Mauls plan here as well, as we saw Ahsoka surrounded at the end of Part 1.

So not saying it would have worked, but there is precedent for that working from Mauls POV.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 05:14 PM
Darth Thor

but Maul diving in head first against an opponent who is undoubtedly above him doesn't surprise me... Especially given Filoni's statement that he tends to be an overconfident dipshit in battle scenarios.

I think his overconfident weakness kicks in when he feels his opponent is beneath him.

I dont think he would get too cocky against Anakin. At least not going by Mauls line regarding facing Vader alone in Rebels.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 05:21 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't be surprised if Anakin is a Dooku stomper in Canon.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 09:42 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yeah, and it was the rocket(which Mace was obviously unprepared for) that KO'd him.

No conclusions can be drawn from that 'fight', but Maul diving in head first against an opponent who is undoubtedly above him doesn't surprise me... Especially given Filoni's statement that he tends to be an overconfident dipshit in battle scenarios.

No, I think what thor is saying is that by using external help, he was able to ko them, in spite, of being outclassed by Mace.

So, using similar logic, in his home world, he could use his army to a similar effect vs anakin/kenobi.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I think his overconfident weakness kicks in when he feels his opponent is beneath him.

I dont think he would get too cocky against Anakin. At least not going by Mauls line regarding facing Vader alone in Rebels.

Rebels took place after Ahsoka reminded him he was bantha fodder.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 10:41 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No, I think what thor is saying is that by using external help, he was able to ko them, in spite, of being outclassed by Mace.

So, using similar logic, in his home world, he could use his army to a similar effect vs anakin/kenobi.
Yeah, I know.

But that assumes Maul wouldn't f*ck it up... Which he almost always does:
https://i.imgur.com/GBpqPv5.jpg

I would also think that if Anakin AND Kenobi went to Mandalore, they'd bring a considerable number of troops with them -- far more, at least, than the fraction of the 501st+Mandalorian rebels that Ahsoka had. /shrug

Old Post May 12th, 2020 11:47 AM
Darth Thor

Yeah, I know.

But that assumes Maul wouldn't f*ck it up... Which he almost always does:
https://i.imgur.com/GBpqPv5.jpg

I would also think that if Anakin AND Kenobi went to Mandalore, they'd bring a considerable number of troops with them -- far more, at least, than the fraction of the 501st+Mandalorian rebels that Ahsoka had. /shrug

Of course hed f*** it up lol

Point is his plan wasnt completely unreasonable on paper. Heck Dooku thought he could still handle Skywalker and Kenobi pretty much alone.

As for the 501st, thats why he lead her into the cave, giving the impression he was hiding alone. But where he gave Ahsoka time to call for back up, im presuming he wouldnt have given Skywalker and Kenobi that opportunity.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 01:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Of course hed f*** it up lol

Point is his plan wasnt completely unreasonable on paper. Heck Dooku thought he could still handle Skywalker and Kenobi pretty much alone.

As for the 501st, thats why he lead her into the cave, giving the impression he was hiding alone. But where he gave Ahsoka time to call for back up, im presuming he wouldnt have given Skywalker and Kenobi that opportunity.
laughing out loud thumb up

Right, right. I get where he was coming from. Thing is, if Anakin and Kenobi had shown up(which is what Maul was anticipating at first), they'd be packing the full numbers of Anakin's 501st + the full numbers of Kenobi's 212th + the Mandalorian rebels. Maul would have been absolutely f*cked in that scenario... Hell, he would have been f*cked if just Anakin had showed up with the complete 501st + the Mandalorian rebels.

Ahsoka arriving instead with just a portion of the 501st and the Mandalorian rebels was the best possible scenario for Maul, and it still went south for him.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 12th, 2020 at 01:37 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2020 01:29 PM
Scizard

I can't even imagine if both the full 212th and 501st landed, Maul's forces would be overrun in seconds.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

And Anakin would obliterate him hahahah

Old Post May 12th, 2020 02:56 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Maul was just desperate

Old Post May 12th, 2020 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Tbf, Maul didn’t know Skywalker very well and he didn’t know he had defeated Dooku, but still

Old Post May 12th, 2020 07:25 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

That just goes back to Maul always underestimating his opponents.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote